It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe tornado outbreak going on right now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Just got a warning on the tv. A large tornado has been indicated in hartford, ky. Reducing in strength, still causing damage.

Strengthening again

134mph velocity indicated.

Large debris field indicated.

edit on 12/10/2021 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
I can't confirm this yet but hearing an Amazon warehouse in Edwardsville Illinois was hit hard and is being called a mass casualty event with over 20 dead and over 20 more missng.

Absolutely crazy outbreak for December.

Here's a photo. Lots of employees trapped inside.

www.bnd.com...

This is to the NE of St. Louis, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi river.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I believe we also have a new record for both distance and time on the ground for a single tornado, and it is still going strong!

This will probably take days to confirm that it is in fact a single tornado.

As for the Edwardsville Amazon warehouse, I can confirm it was a mass casualty event with more than 100 employees currently trapped. At least one third of the building collapsed.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
And now officially under a tornado watch until 6:00 AM.

After the the heavier prelude has passed.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Live zoomable radar available at this link.
NOAA Radar

Right now there seems to be what looks like a bunch of turkey tail feathers coming out of the Marquette Michigan area on that weather. I hope that doesn't mean we are a bunch of turkeys or Chickens up here.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Most of this weather went to the west and north of us here in NE Alabama.

We're under wind advisory, but nothing more.

Just went outside, and it's barely blowing--maybe between 5 and 10 knots.

Years ago, on a road trip, I saw an f5 on the ground--over twenty miles away, and you could still hear the howl.

I've seen winter storms in Alaska out of Siberia, and in the Bering Sea, I've seen ice storms that nearly sank the boat I was on, along with the hurricane winds (100 mph+), that came with both.

But that tornado was the single scariest thing I've ever seen, weather wise. Twenty miles away, and I still thought it was going to reach out and take me.

Stay safe all of you.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I knew they were talking the same cell as I have been watching the local news, but has the tornado tracked 250 miles? It's been on the ground a fair distance since i've been tuned in.

Man thats heartbreaking, hoping for the best case scenario.

Prayers for all afflicted.

It looks like it is going to track 1 county above me as of now if it continues it's path.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   

edit on 12/10/2021 by TheLead because: Mistake

No longer ground verfied, some potential debris still dropping, the new warning just indicates potential.

edit on 12/11/2021 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Looks like another one developed near Memphis TN.

radar

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Huntsville is another tornado alley. My Great Grandparents were from there. My grandma was awaiting surgery 30 years ago maybe when that cat 5 went right past the Hospital in Huntsville AL.

originally posted by: seagull
Most of this weather went to the west and north of us here in NE Alabama.

We're under wind advisory, but nothing more.

Just went outside, and it's barely blowing--maybe between 5 and 10 knots.

Years ago, on a road trip, I saw an f5 on the ground--over twenty miles away, and you could still hear the howl.

I've seen winter storms in Alaska out of Siberia, and in the Bering Sea, I've seen ice storms that nearly sank the boat I was on, along with the hurricane winds (100 mph+), that came with both.

But that tornado was the single scariest thing I've ever seen, weather wise. Twenty miles away, and I still thought it was going to reach out and take me.

Stay safe all of you.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
We are getting it bad here in North Western Kentucky. Just had one on the ground just north of us. I have some branches down. Next line due to hit me between 2 and 3. No cell service.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hopefully all of you that were anywhere close to storms last night came out unscathed. Reading the news this morning was a bit shocking -- these storms look like they did WAY more damage than I think people expected even for the storm risk levels given ahead of time.

At least 50 people are likely dead after a tornado hit southwestern Kentucky late Friday, according to Gov. Andy Beshear.

"We know that we are likely to have more than 50 deaths, if not significantly north of that, from this event," Beshear told CNN affiliate WLKY.

Most of the destruction centered on Graves County, he said, including the town of Mayfield. "It hit Mayfield as hard as just about any town ... has ever been hit."

U S severe weather: At least 50 people are likely dead following a tornado in Kentucky, governor says

That's just one of the areas that got beat with the short stick last night. A nursing home in Arkansas got hit, an Amazon warehouse just north of St Louis got hit, partially collapsed, just to list a few of the many...

There isn't yet a word or phrase that best describes the desire to simultaneously say, "WTF", "OMG" and "Holy #ing #, Batman..."

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
New tornado warning for Jacksonville Kentucky.

The worst is not over yet.

Sever thunderstorm warnings at Tennessee Alabama line now.
edit on 12 11 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just sticks blown down. Might have to make 2 or 3 trips to the brush pile. Pretty fortunate.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
More than 50 feared dead in Kentucky with Governor Andy Beshear saying the number could rise to as many as 100 dead.

He said the number was "probably closer to somewhere between 70 and 100, it's devastating".

Tornadoes are wreaking havoc across several US states, with workers trapped in an Amazon warehouse in Illinois.

More than 100 people were inside a candle factory in Mayfield, Kentucky, when the tornado hit, the New York Times reported.

"We believe we'll lose at least dozens of those individuals," Mr Beshear said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Sympathies to all involved.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Spent a lot of the night following... hopefully, the front won't refire any more bad storms today.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Tornado warning Grundy county Tennessee.

The storm system is still strong.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Places out in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas sort of expect to get plowed like that in the spring, but where these hit and the time of year are what make this one shockingly bad.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Shocking drone footage has been released of the destroyed Amazon warehouse in Illinois , it's believed 100 people were working the night shift when the Tornado struck.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Here's some drone footage from Mayfield, KY.

That looks almost as bad as the damage in Joplin a few years ago.
edit on 12/11/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join