It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe tornado outbreak going on right now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Seeing a lot of reports of tornadoes on the ground in the Illinois and Kentucky areas.
Large tornado direct hit reported in Mayfield, KY and reports of an Amazon warehouse collapse in Edwardsville, IL

Hope everyone is safe tonight.
AgendaFree TV has live coverage right now.

edit on 10-12-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Heard a nursing home was hit somewhere near West Memphis, Arkansas.

Rain is starting to kill my satellite reception so couldn’t hear the name of the town.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Heard a nursing home was hit somewhere near West Memphis, Arkansas.

Rain is starting to kill my satellite reception so couldn’t hear the name of the town.

Yeah the guy in the live feed has mentioned the nursing home several times but I can’t recall what he said about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Thunder & rain just began where I am in Indiana about 10 minutes ago, but it's actually pretty calm now. Still raining but not very windy.... yet.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
107mph wind gust reported in Grave County, KY according to Fox News Weather.

www.foxweather.com...
edit on 10-12-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It was here,
news.yahoo.com...

Monette Manor in Northern Arkansas took a direct hit and collapsed with residents still under its roof as multiple severe tornadoes swept several southern states Friday night. Four more people were seriously injured.

A fire station in Samburg, Tennessee, also took a direct hit from a tornado late Friday, with multiple people unable to escape the building, the Obion County Sheriff’s office confirmed to The Daily Beast.

Also, a roof collapsed at an Amazon facility in EDWARDSVILLE, Ill.
www.kiro7.com...

edit on Fri Dec 10 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
16 tornadoes so far today
www.spc.noaa.gov...
This info will be harder to find after midnight

0108 4 NNW BAY CRAIGHEAD AR 3579 9059 TORNADO REPORTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. (MEG)
0124 NW MONETTE CRAIGHEAD AR 3589 9034 TORNADO REPORTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. (MEG)
0132 2 N LEACHVILLE MISSISSIPPI AR 3595 9026 TORNADO REPORTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. (MEG)
0142 2 SSW HORNERSVILLE DUNKLIN MO 3601 9013 TORNADO REPORTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. (MEG)
0142 1 S HORNERSVILLE DUNKLIN MO 3603 9011 NUMEROUS DAMAGE ON COUNTY ROAD 655. (MEG)
0205 2 SE DEERING PEMISCOT MO 3618 8986 LARGE TORNADO REPORTED ON THE GROUND SOUTHEAST OF DEERING. (MEG)
0227 2 S POAG MADISON IL 3877 9004 EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REPORTED A PARTIAL ROOF COLLAPSE AT AN AMAZON WAREHOUSE SOUTHWEST OF EDWARDSVILLE. MULTIPLE PEOPLE ARE TRAPPED AT THIS TIME. (LSX)
0230 1 W CASH CRAIGHEAD AR 3580 9095 BRIEF TORNADO TOUCHDOWN NEAR CASH. (MEG)
0238 SAMBURG OBION TN 3638 8935 SAMBURG FIRE STATION TOOK DIRECT HIT WITH PEOPLE TRAPPED IN DAMAGE. (MEG)
0238 2 WSW CENTRAL CITY MUHLENBERG KY 3729 8716 POWER FLASHES JUST NORTH OF THE WEST KENTUCKY PARKWAY JUST WEST OF CENTRAL CITY. POWER IS OUT. (PAH)
0239 1 SW CENTRAL CITY MUHLENBERG KY 3728 8714 DEBRIS FROM HOMES AND BILLBOARDS ALONG THE WEST KENTUCKY PARKWAY JUST WEST OF CENTRAL CITY. (PAH)
0245 CENTRAL CITY MUHLENBERG KY 3730 8713 DAMAGE TO HARDWARE STORE ON WEST EVERLY BROS. BLVD. (PAH)
0301 CAYCE FULTON KY 3656 8904 DAMAGE REPORTED IN CAYCE TO A CAFE AND THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. (PAH)
0315 TRUMANN POINSETT AR 3567 9052 MULTIPLE BUILDINGS DAMAGED IN TRUMANN. (MEG)
0327 MAYFIELD GRAVES KY 3674 8864 MAJOR DAMAGE REPORTED IN MAYFIELD. NO FURTHER DETAILS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. (PAH)
0352 2 W GAYS MOULTRIE IL 3945 8854 TREES DOWN AND POWER POLES BENT ALONG RT 16 JUST NORTHEAST OF WINDSOR. SILOS BLOWN DOWN AND HOUSES DAMAGED BETWEEN WINDSOR AND GAYS. (ILX)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Pretty much follows the Ohio River along the Indiana border except the the line around Chicago/Gary, IN.

There are bands running Evansville, IL to Indianapolis through the middle.

I have that in between stuff running through Richmond, IN towards Dayton, OH. There hasn’t been a December tornado since 2015 in the Miami Valley, but we average one every ten years.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Our weatherman said we'd have had a classic severe setup around here except the atmosphere was too dry, but he pointed out that points SE were in for it tonight.

I hope everyone stays safe. The wind has howled all day with the rapid temp changes.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I hope everyone stays safe. The wind has howled all day with the rapid temp changes.

Yes, stay safe all!!!!

We get the winds tomorrow, should be 60 around 10am, then 30 or so by midnight.
Our part of the state still has large areas with overhead wires. Could get dicey in the cooler temps.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Three tornado warnings and a handful of severe thunderstorm warnings just south of my area. Even tornadoes don't want to visit Chicago.

It's funny how Chicago's ABC-CBS-NBC in unison break into the news broadcasts, and let the weather people have the floor during these "events".

Tonight, all three networks stayed with the weather people, repeating themselves, showing what could have been farm animals blowing through the air on the super-sensitive radar, and commenting on how unusual it is this time of year for tornadoes.

At exactly 10:38pm ABC-CBS-NBC rejoined the Kimell, Cobert, (?), clowns already in progress.

edit on 12/10/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Two confirmed deceased in that nursing home. Roof ripped off and some walls collased about two hours ago.

WECT News

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Latest reports I've gotten suggest there may be some EF4 and EF5 tornados out there tonight.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is NOT good at all!

link   
I can't confirm this yet but hearing an Amazon warehouse in Edwardsville Illinois was hit hard and is being called a mass casualty event with over 20 dead and over 20 more missng.

Absolutely crazy outbreak for December.

link   
If anyone wants to track the wind speed and directions for their area goto windy.com
It uses satellite radar to display your location, with live wind speed and direction overlays.
There also lighting detectors, and many other overlays.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Crazy! Been watching chasers all evening. One tornado has traveled over 200 miles and they say the debris reached 30,000 feet when it was in Mayfield KY. Town destroyed, people stuck in a candle factory. Still more tornados tracking, and developing. Arkansas,Missouri,Illinois,Kentucky,
Tennessee

ETA.. once coming back from Nashville at night drove through horrible storms through all of Ohio into SE Michigan. It was the scariest thing I ever experienced. Saw the radar when I got home. There were 4 tornados all around us apparently when driving. Not sure how we weren't aware at the time. Just thankful we made it safely.
edit on 10-12-2021 by frogs453 because: Add

edit on 10-12-2021 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Live zoomable radar available at this link.
NOAA Radar

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's weird that there are that many tornados this time of the year. Usually only a few form in the winter months.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In 1964 I witnessed a super tornado north of Indy close to Purdue. I was very very young. One of my very first memories. It was a mile away and quite frankly I still have nightmares about the carnage I witnessed the death apparently of our neighbors. Their animals were mangled and missing body parts, but our farm was spared. The farm equipment was safe but on the roof of the barn. The house had blown out windows I heard but the table was set in the dining room. A church was hit as it was Sunday evening many people died. But a few years later I lived in Memphis where many go nearby that city every year and it did one time very very near my window. Moved to Nashville and damned if I didn't get in several there. I finally moved away from tornado alley and live where it is low risk due to some terrain issues. I think I have PTSD from tornado's and my wife thinks I overreact. Blessings to those in tornado alley tonight.

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Thunder & rain just began where I am in Indiana about 10 minutes ago, but it's actually pretty calm now. Still raining but not very windy.... yet.

edit on 10-12-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join