It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand set to ban smoking

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: chr0naut

You are talented sir !

Thanks, but not a patch on some people. They are on another level, and I had to work so hard to do a fraction of what just came naturally to them.

My wife is one of them. She was an opera singer. I have seen her, completely unaccompanied, bring a thousand people to tears of emotion. I could never even approach that. If magic exists, that's it!

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

Watch their taxes rise now. Smokers pay huge amounts of tax to the government. Here in Canada as an example, it costs around 80 cents to make a package of cigarettes, bagged are cheaper to make. But a pack of cigarettes is like $15, $13 of which is tax and the $1.20 profit is split between the manufacturer and the retailer.

That thing New Zealand has for a prime moron needs to be removed, along with the entire government. Hell, governments everywhere are corrupt and need to be removed.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Glad to see you agree there is a link to mRNA cell research at Monsanto now Bayer to the mRNA research that used the mRNA science to formulate the human cell manipulation in mRNA injections.

After all the is no other similarities is there Science, Salvation and Heretics: From Monsanto to Pfizer, Same Old Playbook

OMG - chr0naut are suggesting there is Graphite in humans and the Graphite in the mRNA shots is ok as carbon is already in humans? were do you get these theories?

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Glad to see you agree there is a link to mRNA cell research at Monsanto now Bayer to the mRNA research that used the mRNA science to formulate the human cell manipulation in mRNA injections.

No, that is not any sort of evidence of Monsanto funding vaccine research.

But I'm sure that every person involved with funding such research only had a single functional brain. This does not necessarily link every living human being on the planet, to the funding of vaccine research.

After all the is no other similarities is there Science, Salvation and Heretics: From Monsanto to Pfizer, Same Old Playbook

OMG - chr0naut are suggesting there is Graphite in humans and the Graphite in the mRNA shots is ok as carbon is already in humans? were do you get these theories?

There shouldn't be any significant amounts of graphite at all in the human body, or in the mRNA vaccines. Graphite is the silvery-black stuff in the center of pencils.

edit on 12/12/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

very hard to see a company funding a Covid vaccine, 2 years after they are brought out by Bayer wouldn't it be Bayer who would do the funding via their other divisions.

Aren't you also a champion of the mRNA has been researched for decades and safe brigade?

Don't suppose those using mRNA in plants ever had a paper published that was read and helped develop mRNA in humans?

But just out of interest what scientific research do you think they used for this idea, Mad Science: Researchers Now Putting COVID mRNA Vaccines Into Vegetables To Vaccinate The Unvaccinated

So if you look for who is funding the funds come from people who intend to profit from the investment. if you want a 200-1 return on investment you better follow B. Gates as he always gets in on the ground floor of vaccination profits.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So back on to topic

This New interest in banning Tobacco sales and losing government revenue wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that
the NZ government raised the taxes, then started to see a drop - so in the last budget didn't raise it but it didn't stop the slide

For the first time in four years, in 2020 New Zealand’s Government did not announce any tobacco tax increases as part of the year’s budget. “It’s good news the Minister of Finance didn’t use this Budget to hike tobacco tax, as has been the case for the past four years,” said Nancy Loucas, Director of Aotearoa Vapers Community Advocacy (AVCA) last Summer. Loucas believes that while tobacco tax is used as a way of gaining revenue, it has a negative impact on vulnerable groups and does little to motivate the public to quit smoking.

Unfortunately tax revenue plummeted by almost half

Earlier this year, New Zealand’s Treasury released the Crown accounts for the seven months to January 31, 2021, indicating a drop in tobacco tax revenue of almost $700 million compared to the same period last year.

An article on Stuff revealed that this drop in tax revenue is being mainly attributed to a 47.8% decline in tobacco duty driven by reduced demand for tobacco products. “While not unexpected, the slump was steeper than anticipated, with the Government collecting $400m or 28.9 per cent less than was forecast in December’s Half-Year Economic and Fiscal Update.”

So what do you do if you're a politician - quick jump on the band wagon and work out how you can take the credit for it. What fantastic people they are saying the idiots from making their own decisions.

source

Just a coincident really folks.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I am also not against individual freedoms for most things, however, there are just simply some things that people should not be 'free' to do.

Yeah....like. you know....being jewish....

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

very hard to see a company funding a Covid vaccine, 2 years after they are brought out by Bayer wouldn't it be Bayer who would do the funding via their other divisions.

That would be my point. The conspiracy theorists are still swinging at Monsanto (who were infamous for their glyphosate product), despite the company ceasing to exist prior to the pandemic. No doubt, Bayer did invest in COVID-19 vaccine research via CureVac, but the other poster did not mention Bayer. There is also the issue of Bayer not actually having an approved vaccine yet. It significantly lags its competitors in that area.

Aren't you also a champion of the mRNA has been researched for decades and safe brigade?

Yes I have pointed out that mRNA vaccines have been under study for some time (most notably as anti-cancer vaccines. My eldest son passed from a rare cancer three years ago, and we had hoped to get him into the trials, however, the cancer was usually a pediatric one and he was an adult, and so he did not fit the trial criteria. Anyway, that's why I know a little about mRNA vaccines), and comparing the doses delivered, and the numbers of severe adverse reactions, the mRNA vaccines have all proven even safer than previous vaccines.

Don't suppose those using mRNA in plants ever had a paper published that was read and helped develop mRNA in humans?

No, I doubt that. The biochemistry of plant cells, and particularly the cell wall, is different than animal cells, and these were for pesticides, not for immune system activation.

But just out of interest what scientific research do you think they used for this idea, Mad Science: Researchers Now Putting COVID mRNA Vaccines Into Vegetables To Vaccinate The Unvaccinated

I don't know about how something as fragile as mRNA would survive digestion (the article specifically said "edible coronavius vaccine", which is a gross misunderstanding of the source research), but "there's nowt wrong wi a man an' his tractor owt doin a wee bit o' pharming".

So if you look for who is funding the funds come from people who intend to profit from the investment. if you want a 200-1 return on investment you better follow B. Gates as he always gets in on the ground floor of vaccination profits.

If Gates was only about profit, then why did he abandon tech investment, where he did so well, and turn to less profitable medical research and humanitarian ethic investments?

edit on 13/12/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I am also not against individual freedoms for most things, however, there are just simply some things that people should not be 'free' to do.

Yeah....like. you know....being jewish....

I personally have Anglo-French ancestry, with the recessive genes giving fair hair and blue eyes. So I don't know if I have Semitic ancestry there, or not, but it is less likely based upon genetic traits.

However, a blending of as many genotypes as possible gives a survival advantage to a species, in that a genotypic pathogen could not wipe the entire population out.

This is the opposite to Nazi and eugenicist stupidity of the superiority of some particular genetic trait over others.

edit on 13/12/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Lol
Different box
Same product

You know that tho.....

At least you admitted you are anti freedom and anti liberty

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Lol
Different box
Same product

You know that tho.....

At least you admitted you are anti freedom and anti liberty

I am not anti-freedom nor anti-liberty (I have never imprisoned, nor constrained, anybody). Nor am I forcing anybody to do anything by posting my argument in a public forum.

I was pointing out that people are being too broad with the terms 'freedom', and 'liberty', and 'rights'.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nope.
You get to own this.

Unless something is already defined explicitly as a human right, it isn't.

Very ghoulish statement, unless of course you are the one making the definitions.

At which point it is you and not the individual making the decision.

So you truely hate individual freedom and liberty.
Not suprising considering your additions here.

Glad you have finally owned up to it.
Whats next, no color blue anymore?

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If Gates was only about profit, then why did he abandon tech investment, where he did so well, and turn to less profitable medical research and humanitarian ethic investments?

1. he didn't abandon tech over 50% of is wealth is Tech.

Got some notes on were Gates invested in humanitarian ethic investments that are not profit driven or to his own foundations/trusts that decreased his Tax liabilities but just pure humanitarian. i.e brought a Ship load of food or paid to dig a well?

But don't answers as it a different topic from the OP.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Whenever one bans anything, then it also requires punitive measures against those who break these bans.

So what I'd like to know is about policing and punishments for further prohibitions anywhere.

So, what's the punishment for a cigarette or ounce of tobacco going to be?
Especially as we're told indigenous Maori youth will be most affected by all this?
"Reefer madness" with tobacco is all that it sounds like.
Which is quite strange, because some leftist US cities have now almost legalized hard drug-dealing and petty theft.
How will this be enforced, except that legal, tax-paying tobacconists will be reduced, in favor of a new black-market?

So what's the fine, jail-time (I guess corporal punishment is out these days, but I rest assured the faux "leftist" fascists in parts of Australia and New Zealand can't wait to reinstate it) going to be if the ban is broken?

After all, "justice" is always written on the bodies of the poor and oppressed.
edit on 13-12-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, ISIS was very anti-smoking, and their punishment for that was to take a clothes-wire and heat it up red hot.

And then it would be pushed into the corners of the smoker's mouth.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman
Obviously not expected in any civilized country yet.

I would have said two years ago.
Nothing would currently surprise me.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A good cigar is definitely an asset. I find that they last longer and can light many more fuses, which came in handy in my early thermohydrodynamic studies.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: thebtheb

Ah , thats to Bad . It's Also to Bad NZ dosen't have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights to Protect it's Citizens from Tyrannical Government Based in IngLand.............

You do realize the queen has jack # power in NZ? Its a commonwealth, shes a historical figurehead nothing more nothing less that ties us together with other members of the commonwealth. And the fact you think we havent got a constitution or a bill of rights shows you know # all about my country and willingly choose to not even attempt to find out prior to making such an asinine statement.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Is New Zealand going to be finding out what a cargo cult feels like when other countries start compassionately air-dropping cigarettes by the carton?

DEAR SANTA,
Do you know more than one Krampus? Lots of bad boys and girls in this thing us non-heavenly or hell beings call government.

Yours truly,
Milk and cookies

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

Hah .. totally ... that is a crazy visual image, and I laugh also at their stupidity.

You cannot 'ban ***)" (insert whatever you want in place of the three asterisks) ... because you just chase it elsewhere.

There is no 'banning' anything, period. You just chase it out of the sphere of easy control, into a 'black market' or into a deeper worse black market.

I can't believe this is still a 'thing' in modern times, having failed forever as far back (forever) as anyone can see.....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join