It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benefits of a large scale nuclear war

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I agree with a few points from OP, but I live about 12 miles from Barksdale Air Force Base, my demise will be quick and painless (I hope….)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
So all these "benefits", you understand that millions of people and also animals have to be vaporized for this?

Hardly can see any benefits.

Do you care about animals? I bet almost nobody here even knows that this is going on?

MASS ANIMAL DEATHS

www.end-times-prophecy.org...

Nuclear war will be good for the planet to recover from overfishing, land destruction, etc...

So for all the commenters yakking about dying, you can shove it. You don't even know what is going on with your own planet.

I posted the weblink above, and what's below in another thread - NOBODY commented. Either nobody watched / read them, or nobody cares.

Lots of people say they care, but actions don't back the smack. Lots of RICH (Not talking just billionaires, mega-millionaries, multi-millionaires) people DO NOTHING except acquire more wealth / power / fame. Climbing corporate ladders / pyramids. Or CHOOSE to remain ignorant.CHOOSE not to wonder where the things they consume come from.

Heck...few people really care to know WHO GOD is or if a GOD exists. Lots of people just go to church for social reasons or "wanting to be saved." It's a very selfish endeavor. If "God is everything / all-powerful" maybe you should go out into the world and see "creation" - ugly and beautiful.

Ask more questions. Who is God? What about other belief systems? Some people care, but most do not.

edit on 6-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Hopefully the world would be rid of any goofballs who wished to consider the benefits of large scale nuclear war.

Guess you'll be in for a very large surprise then.

Few people truly investigate death, too tied "we" are to a material existence.

Try that - Ghost Inside My Child

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
Radiation would be a massive problem and really void any of the positives as humanity would be on the verge of extinction and most of the survivirs would be the rich elite and military hiding in underground bunkers.

Maybe after many years the world would be better, but who knows how we would treat each other in such a story.

I do appreciate the attempt to do list the positives but i believe creating infertility through vaccines or a virus would be a far better way to reduce population and change the world.

Nuclear winter is a falsehood. That's not to say there won't be some affect.

People here need to lighten up. It's when you have no sense of humor you get into trouble. But the die has already been cast.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname
See I am no saint and do not want to be a hypocrite, but I brought up animals because humans would not be the only victims.

I remember that post btw but since the video is age restricted and youtube won't get my ID, I can't watch it. Don't even know what it's about.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Total edge lord thread. Will you be one of the lucky ones that gets nuked so you don't have to deal with anything any more since they'll be even worse problems after?

Based on what I know....I'll be much more than that. Like I said, I don't believe in luck.

Before I knew what I know, I thought, if there was a total war, I'd rather be dead. So didn't matter anyway. But this is NOT total annihilation. Partial...been posting in another thread.

And I've visited plenty of nuclear related sites....Trinity, Hiroshima, Titan Missile Museum, Soviet missile silos in Klaipeda, Lithuania, Los Alamos, etc...

Atomic Tourism....if you're worried about a nuke war, I suggest GOING to some of these places. Or if you just like history.

en.wikipedia.org...

----

What's the MINDSET behind creating enough nukes to "destroy the world?" Where does FEAR come from? Where does HATE come from?

What's the MINDSET behind WORLD WAR 2? Holocaust? Wars have been fought for an "eternity."

You can be an expert on the events of history, but if you don't study the HEARTS....you haven't learned much. Study your own HEART.
edit on 6-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
I agree with a few points from OP, but I live about 12 miles from Barksdale Air Force Base, my demise will be quick and painless (I hope….)

well...if the "Gods" favor you (Even if you don't believe in them), maybe you'll conveniently not be near (Assuming Barksdale is on the chopping block).

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Did you mean to reply to my post? I guess maybe not as what you replied had no relationship to what I posted or much to the point of the thread.

Your video needed to be signed into so I didn't but it deals with children who claim to be reincarnated from people who died violently. I would like to point out to you that in the event of a large scale nuclear war the billions of people who would die violently would not have any place to reincarnate as most if not all of the people and higher animal life would be ash. The only thing left to reincarnate as would be stuff like rocks and maybe deep sea creatures. The waiting list to reincarnate on this planet would be thousands of years before any earthly population could be high enough to accommodate all those who died violently from a big nuke war.

That is unless we wish to consider that they would reincarnate to another planet, to another species evolved in an other system. Or maybe reincarnate into the past as a cave man or maybe some Roman era slop farmer. Maybe another dimension where there was no big nuke war.

There, I did my best to reply to your points from your reply. Don't know if I managed.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I’m not worried.

I’ll just Google what to do and spend a few bucks on Uber Eats.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Nuclear winter is a falsehood

Volcanic eruptions have been linked to changes in temperature, with major eruptions even bringing mini-ice age type temps.

A nuke hitting the ground is going to throw a ton of debris into the atmosphere and depending on the size or the number of nukes being tossed that debris will most likely get higher into the atmosphere than what an average volcanic eruption can achieve.

I say number of nukes cause the likely hood that the worlds govts will be able to control themselves seems pretty small in this day and age.

This doesnt even take into account the potential geological instability caused by the explosions that could trigger some eruptions to add to the issues.

So how on earth did you come up with nuclear winter is a falsehood?

If you mean how Hollywood portrays it sure, I'll give you that but if you mean in reality, I would love to see the data that lead you to that conclusion.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Maybe someone should start telling Trump this in case he's re-elected. He's just dumb enough to do it.

Just like he started all those wars before when he had the chance. DERP!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
See I am no saint and do not want to be a hypocrite, but I brought up animals because humans would not be the only victims.

I remember that post btw but since the video is age restricted and youtube won't get my ID, I can't watch it. Don't even know what it's about.

Just make up a dummy gmail account. Free & you can do in a couple of minutes. There's the website as well...how many of those animal death stories did you click on?

By the way - I contributed about 100 of those stories in recent years.

Each story could easily take more time to investigate beyond a headline. LIke this one.

Who REALLY cares? Again, some people do, most do not.

How many people here know what is going on in the world right now - climate wise?

That's just ONE video....there's stuff like that EVERY WEEK. Does it look normal? Does it sound normal?

but run back to your online world / vr headset / fantasy football, minecraft, whatever....[i say this in a jest, not necessarily directed at anyone here]

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
One would have to be woefully ignorant to think of a benefit that pays off, in any way..unless you are a nihilist. This doesn't go the way op imagines.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Parking. Definitely more parking spaces.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It has also been posited that there is sufficient firepower on each side to end all life on the planet many times over.

It's an urban legend. Let's get rid of it already

It prevents you from enjoying this thread
This rock has survived volcanoes and asteroids of much greater TNT equivalent.
And sorry for a vid from a liberal channel of popular science for kids. the first part is good but I think he's way off with the nuclear winter degree change. You should expect him to be biased in terms of climate change 😀He has to include all the CO2 from wildfires into his insane result

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Chinese play with karma. Burning thousands of pigs alive is soulless. What if it happens to them one day? Maybe no one will care. Just like almost no one has watched your video

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Parking. Definitely more parking spaces.

Breaking

US President Joe Biden is scheduled to make a major announcement tomorrow regarding war, either with Russia, or Iran, or North Korea, or China.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

In a sea of inanity, your post premise manages to shine as a huge beacon of next level BS, and I have to say, that's really something.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You forgot the biggest NO MORE of all time after a large scale atomic war there WILL be no more human beans. The benefit, the world will still turn and go on it's way.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

based on this thread could you enlighten us as to what you would like him to do

BRAVE Republicans vs WIMP Democrats

Do you wish him to declare war (show some bravery) or back down (be a wimp)

or is the reality whatever he decides you will have of course wanted the opposite

Go on put your cards on the table and tell us what you want, perhaps it will end up being what he does....can you imagine that ATS would melt down.

As to the OP, merry glowing Christmas
edit on 000000p3103America/Chicago12062021112 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join