It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benefits of a large scale nuclear war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Hopefully the world would be rid of any goofballs who wished to consider the benefits of large scale nuclear war.

You win the thread. One and done.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: dontneedaname

Nuclear winter is a falsehood

Volcanic eruptions have been linked to changes in temperature, with major eruptions even bringing mini-ice age type temps.

A nuke hitting the ground is going to throw a ton of debris into the atmosphere and depending on the size or the number of nukes being tossed that debris will most likely get higher into the atmosphere than what an average volcanic eruption can achieve.

I say number of nukes cause the likely hood that the worlds govts will be able to control themselves seems pretty small in this day and age.

This doesnt even take into account the potential geological instability caused by the explosions that could trigger some eruptions to add to the issues.

So how on earth did you come up with nuclear winter is a falsehood?

If you mean how Hollywood portrays it sure, I'll give you that but if you mean in reality, I would love to see the data that lead you to that conclusion.

Nuclear AUTUMN.

Also some quora posts in another recent thread. The PARTIAL thread. Still going through them.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So some weapons are 1 Megaton. Most are under 500 kilotons, 300 seems to be a nice average. Still much larger than HIroshima / Nagasaki - 15x. But not Tsar Bomba level.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hostile commenters here.

IF you think a nuke war of some sort is inevitable in short order (Whether atheist / religious / agnostic view), then this is trying to show benefits. It's not all doom & gloom.

Of course, some of those benefits as I see it, may not be beneficial from your viewpoint. YMMV. Maybe you are LGBT pushing. Maybe you don't see a problem with trans athletes in woman sports for example. Maybe you are a woke-ster. Maybe you live in a million dollar house. Maybe you love wearing a mask. Maybe you love just sitting on the couch watching TV, etc...

Doesn't really matter...cause those social movements / cultural values are going to cease to be important more or less - over time as "Survival" takes on a more prominent role. As fear takes hold for awhile.

If you believe in a God (or Gods) of some sort, then the God(s) would know about what's coming. it would be pre-planned for a reason. For instance - couldn't have a nuke war without nukes --- that WE built. Where did that knowledge to build them come from?

Many events.....you may not understand it.....but maybe you should think about it.

If you are strictly atheist, then you have a different viewpoint.

I was once almost atheist. And if I still was -- I wouldn't give a rat's ass so to speak. If I die, so what. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

oh yeah...something is definitely wrong.

but brainwashed many already are...most people don't even ask why....don't even try. ignorance reigns supreme.
edit on 7-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname

So some weapons are 1 Megaton. Most are under 500 kilotons, 300 seems to be a nice average. Still much larger than HIroshima / Nagasaki - 15x. But not Tsar Bomba level.

Thank goodness.

images.app.goo.gl...

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
and you think those issues are worse than the issues faced in a collapsed society? you cant be that dumb to prefer homelessness, starvation, wanton violence, mass criminal activity, widescale slavery, freezing in winters, dying of heat in summers, hard labor that lasts all day every day, i could go on but my point is, all those issues you pointed out are silly first world problems and are merely indications of prosperity and relative happiness of a society, for those things to be an issue society is doing far better than it ever has in all of human history.

real problems crop up when people arent fed, entertained, employed, clothed, have a home, feel safe, etc, you might not like liberal ideals but is it really worse than societial collapse and mass suffering to you?
edit on 7-12-2021 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Rest assured that the richest people would be safe from it all as they pulled the puppet strings. They would survive and that's the scariest part.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ

originally posted by: chr0naut

It has also been posited that there is sufficient firepower on each side to end all life on the planet many times over.

It's an urban legend. Let's get rid of it already
It prevents you from enjoying this thread
This rock has survived volcanoes and asteroids of much greater TNT equivalent.
And sorry for a vid from a liberal channel of popular science for kids. the first part is good but I think he's way off with the nuclear winter degree change. You should expect him to be biased in terms of climate change 😀He has to include all the CO2 from wildfires into his insane result

Yes, I agree that we have had individual asteroid strikes and super-volcano's that have exceeded any A-Bomb in energy. But we haven't really got any evidence of eighty thousand of them going off simultaneously, and in a widely distributed pattern, so nearly every ecological niche would be effected at the same time, and life surviving.

And, really, 25 below zero for a few months, and 6 below zero for up to 6 years after that (quickly glossed over in the video) are survivable?

How would we grow our grain foods if all the pastures were sub-zero for 6 years? What would stock animals eat?

edit on 7/12/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Rest assured that the richest people would be safe from it all as they pulled the puppet strings. They would survive and that's the scariest part.

Survive, into what?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: LSU2018

Survive, into what?

The next age of man. Could you imagine how it would be if the forefathers were today's politicians?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

We'd be screwed.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

We'd be screwed.

Exactly. Any dissenters would be locked away in concentration camps and nobody would be able to fight, nor would they have the means to do so. The world would be ruled by power and greed at the utmost levels.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
and you think those issues are worse than the issues faced in a collapsed society? you cant be that dumb to prefer homelessness, starvation, wanton violence, mass criminal activity, widescale slavery, freezing in winters, dying of heat in summers, hard labor that lasts all day every day, i could go on but my point is, all those issues you pointed out are silly first world problems and are merely indications of prosperity and relative happiness of a society, for those things to be an issue society is doing far better than it ever has in all of human history.

real problems crop up when people arent fed, entertained, employed, clothed, have a home, feel safe, etc, you might not like liberal ideals but is it really worse than societial collapse and mass suffering to you?

darkness before light....

the whole point of the post was a nuclear war on SOME LEVEL IS INEVITABLE. And we can come up with a bunch of negatives.

Might as well look for the positives...some are more long term. some are short / medium term. THis post is about POSITIVES, not NEGATIVES. You need a certain amount of long term perspective and a sense of humor to laugh at your own mortality and that of others.
But like I said...too many brainwashed by CULTure.

WE GROW THROUGH SUFFERING.

Mass animals dying is a first world problem? Some places worse off than others.

Mass criminal activity? That takes place right now. A lot is white collar thievery / ignorance.

Like US Govt - endless money printing...which leads to other things. Cayman Islands, Panama...off shore banking. Switzerland secrecy, etc...

Vax/mask issues are 1st world problems? Really? Last I checked protests consuming many parts of the world. Resistance against govt / medical tyranny.

Gut check on these websites...

THe COVID blog
thecovidblog.com...

The COVID world
thecovidworld.com...

Well..it's clear most folks here can't see beyond the destruction part....
edit on 11-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

look back at the mini-ice age during the Middle Ages, it doesnt take much to disrupt the crops and when you consider how many countries are already on the edge of starvation, it would be horrific.

Then toss in are they ground burst, air burst, or does the war head penetrate the ground before detonation all of these also change the equation, debris dispersal, and radiation dispersal.

take a look at the known targets in the US, the breadbasket would be toast which means dozens of countries would crash and burn even if untouched by the nuclear weapon exchange.

Lastly just because the US has worked hard at cleaning up the potential damage of a nuke, doesn't mean every other country has scaled back and made them "cleaner" than they used to be.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I personally like the feeling of the sun shining upon my face.

To live the end of my days hidden from sunlight underground seems entirely avoidable.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   

he said 25°C decrease not bellow zero. As I told you he's wrong about this.
This liberal model of nukes causing firestorms is BS. A burning city is no match for forest wildfire in terms of fuel and spreading. He's making it up.
I've seen 6°C for couple of weeks elsewhere. This part would need a followup research.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm sure you have found, a lot of people are very small in their thinking, they can't see beyond their back yard, or 5 minutes ahead.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   

...here are some benefits as I see them from an American perspective.

What other perspective is there, especially considering you are talking about all-out global nuclear warfare?

Benefits?
Err....none.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Undoubtedly.

But what sort of world would they rule over?
Who would they rule over?
Who would do all their dirty work?

They'd have to get their hands dirty.

I don't think they really want that....and let's face it, if they did they would have done it by now.

ETA

The world would be ruled by power and greed at the utmost levels.

And it isn't now?

What's the point in having power and control if there is no-one to exercise it over?
edit on 30/12/21 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join