It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benefits of a large scale nuclear war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The title of this post probably has you going - huh?

well..people can imagine all sorts of negatives...let's talk about the positives.

well...setting aside that you or someone or some place you care about will get pulverized...here are some benefits as I see them from an American perspective.

- No more woke-ism talk and much less political correctness in general

- No more LGBT agenda pushing (Trans athletes, gender neutral bathrooms, yadda yadda)

- No more vaccine / mask crap (If it's still going on)

- No more athlete worship. Nobody would be going to sports events, for there would be none. A few stadiums will probably be nuked.

- No more (or vastly reduced) musician worship or any kind of celebrity worship

- Much less wealth worship - because as alluded to in another thread - the economic system would collapse - whether due to markets being physically destroyed (NYSE for example) or prolonged power outage - no credit card use, banking system (as we know it) no more.
Yes, NYSE has a backup, but that's irrelevant in a prolonged power outage. Even if you could trade, the stock market would drop like a stone.

- No more corporate lobbyists in government if WA DC gets fried.

- No more real estate crazy pricing...because you can't have pricing w/o money (Which is largely electronic). See above.

- WIth no power, people won't be staring into their phones all day while walking around.

- A sense of humbleness / humility would sweep certain nations. Humility coming w/ depression. Too much arrogance in the world right now.

- No more immigration problem. Mexicans / other Central Americans probably would not be trying hard to get to the USA anymore. [While Mexico won't get nuked, they'll have plenty problems of their own, so don't be too jealous]

- No more talk of overpopulation. A 20-40%+ population haircut will do that.

- No worries about global warming / carbon taxes, etc...gas shortage.... [Never mind CO2 is not the cause of climate change, but I digress]

- No worrying about what happens in a nuclear war, because we'll be living it.

- You probably won't be going into work anymore. But you may need to do something else to procure food, gas, whatever.

that's what comes off the top of my head.

Now some might want to mention Jesus coming or the Mahdi coming (Islam)...but let's keep this in the non-religious realm. FWIW - there is some truth in this religious aspect, just not that truth from where I stand. But I digress.
edit on 5-12-2021 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hopefully the world would be rid of any goofballs who wished to consider the benefits of large scale nuclear war.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
the main benefit would be taking out punks who'd otherwise avoid military duty and stay home.
Lawyers, politicians, liberal youtubers, leftist media staff you hate, liberal judges, you name it.
Instead of the best young genetics as usual in conventional conflict. The worst breed used to survive wars in the past.
The next benefit is that it's fast.
And that it takes out large cities (in full scale exchange) - perfect! And infrastructure important for the government you hate - excellent!

edit on 6/12/2021 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well, depending on the Moon phase when the blasts occure, we could get a flash fill photo of the dark portion of the Moon along with the Sun together for once. I don't see why we would want to go to all that trouble though.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   

edit on 6-12-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So all these "benefits", you understand that millions of people and also animals have to be vaporized for this?

Hardly can see any benefits.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname

well..people can imagine all sorts of negatives...let's talk about the positives.

well...setting aside that you or someone or some place you care about will get pulverized...here are some benefits as I see them from an American perspective.

- No more LGBT agenda pushing (Trans athletes, gender neutral bathrooms, yadda yadda)

- No more athlete worship. Nobody would be going to sports events, for there would be none. A few stadiums will probably be nuked.

- Much less wealth worship - because as alluded to in another thread - the economic system would collapse - whether due to markets being physically destroyed (NYSE for example) or prolonged power outage - no credit card use, banking system (as we know it) no more.
Yes, NYSE has a backup, but that's irrelevant in a prolonged power outage. Even if you could trade, the stock market would drop like a stone.

- No more real estate crazy pricing...because you can't have pricing w/o money (Which is largely electronic). See above.

- WIth no power, people won't be staring into their phones all day while walking around.

- A sense of humbleness / humility would sweep certain nations. Humility coming w/ depression. Too much arrogance in the world right now.

- No more immigration problem. Mexicans / other Central Americans probably would not be trying hard to get to the USA anymore. [While Mexico won't get nuked, they'll have plenty problems of their own, so don't be too jealous]

- No worries about global warming / carbon taxes, etc...gas shortage.... [Never mind CO2 is not the cause of climate change, but I digress]

- You probably won't be going into work anymore. But you may need to do something else to procure food, gas, whatever.

Now some might want to mention Jesus coming or the Mahdi coming (Islam)...but let's keep this in the non-religious realm. FWIW - there is some truth in this religious aspect, just not that truth from where I stand. But I digress.

It has been posited that each 'side' in a nuclear war would have to go all-out to defeat their potential opponent. It has also been posited that there is sufficient firepower on each side to end all life on the planet many times over.

Following such a massive hit, assuming one side completely obliterated the other before they could respond, there would be a nuclear winter. The likelihood that there will be any human survivors, or any food species survivors, is fairly slim.

Perhaps life will arise on Titan at some stage in the future, when the sun has expanded out further, and the Titonians will wonder if there ever was life on Earth?

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: dontneedaname

It has been posited that each 'side' in a nuclear war would have to go all-out to defeat their potential opponent. It has also been posited that there is sufficient firepower on each side to end all life on the planet many times over.

Following such a massive hit, assuming one side completely obliterated the other before they could respond, there would be a nuclear winter. The likelihood that there will be any human survivors, or any food species survivors, is fairly slim.

Perhaps life will arise on Titan at some stage in the future, when the sun has expanded out further, and the Titonians will wonder if there ever was life on Earth?

Yeah. It didn’t go so well for Mars either. Benefits of a nuclear war? Let me think…ok I’ve thought. NONE. Ok, maybe one. It would likely destroy ever Bio Weapons Lab and incinerate every evil concoction in them. Seems extreme though.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Maybe someone should start telling Trump this in case he's re-elected. He's just dumb enough to do it.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Maybe someone should start telling Trump this in case he's re-elected. He's just dumb enough to do it.

Trump, Trump always Trump, with you.

Amazing...

OT.. A nuke war would make barbarians of us all. There are too many, as it is.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Yeah, the nuclear war he started when he was in office was horrible. Def dont need to do that again.

Oh, wait, I may be mistaken, we had pretty much the most peaceful 4 years in quite a while under Trump. My bad

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

I see no benefits besides getting what one wants politically and even then you'd probably be too sick to enjoy those benefits if not dead. It wouldn't be worth it.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Radiation would be a massive problem and really void any of the positives as humanity would be on the verge of extinction and most of the survivirs would be the rich elite and military hiding in underground bunkers.

Maybe after many years the world would be better, but who knows how we would treat each other in such a story.

I do appreciate the attempt to do list the positives but i believe creating infertility through vaccines or a virus would be a far better way to reduce population and change the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
In the event of a large scale nuclear war, everything you hate would take advantage of the chaos to take over the world completely. This is guaranteed.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Total edge lord thread. Will you be one of the lucky ones that gets nuked so you don't have to deal with anything any more since they'll be even worse problems after?

edit on 6-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No more need for flashlight batteries due to Glowing In The Dark.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
There would be some spectacular sunsets

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Will you be one of the lucky ones

Deponds on what you consider "lucky" is in a case like this.
"luck is in the eyes of the beholder"

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
In the event of a large scale nuclear war, everything you hate would take advantage of the chaos to take over the world completely. This is guaranteed.

Most folks mentioned in the OP live and/or work in large cities .
Would there be enough ?
Not in those conditions.
"A country boy can survive"
HW Jr.

Let just hope they find their way to morality , honesty , wisdom , intelligence ,etc. on their own without having to rely on something so drastic .
edit on 12/6/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

No more need for flashlight batteries due to Glowing In The Dark.

Reminds me of an old saying I heard many years ago :
"Nuke em till they glow then shoot em in the dark"
(which wasn't very funny to me)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join