It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Bible Absolute Truth.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's funny to think that with out our help Satan would obsolete, a waste of space with pretty much nothing to do but wait around for his final demise. But he's lucky and never busier it seems thanks to us, I mean he's on the verge of complete world domination, imagine if he won an award, he'd have to thank all of us. His net is so vast.

Satan is God of this Earth, he's an antient being and knows this Earth probably second only to God, we live in Satan's gaff, now consider the Bible, on Satan's list where would it be, is the Bible an important enough book for Satan to highly prioritise, yes!

So the Bible we have today, has it been stained by Satan at some point in our history, my belief is how can the Bible have not been stained, I'm not saying that the Bible is false, just not absolute truth. Satan has been around too long and men are too weak for this not to be the case in my opinion, again just look at the world today, Satan knows our nature better than we know ourselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Relax with the "Satan" stuff, pls. He is a minor character and God keeps him on a very short leash. Yes, there are unholy hands on the Bible, but please don't do a Church Lady over it.

In particular, "hell" is a misnomer, translated (if I can dignify what was done with that word) from four Hebrew and Greek words, sheol, gehenna, hades and tartarus. None of the four mean anything like the place of eternal conscious torment as we find Dante, Milton and Baxter writing about. Hell comes from Hel and Hel was a goddess/ogress in Norse mythology. They thought that if you did not rate going to Valhalla, you went to Helheim (House of Hel). It's just that simple.

Satan, btw, is not the Prince of Hell. He is not even the Prince of Heck.
edit on 29-11-2021 by Lazarus Short because: could that be...?

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Relax with the "Satan" stuff, pls. He is a minor character and God keeps him on a very short leash. Yes, there are unholy hands on the Bible, but please don't do a Church Lady over it.

In particular, "hell" is a misnomer, translated (if I can dignify what was done with that word) from four Hebrew and Greek words, sheol, gehenna, hades and tartarus. None of the four mean anything like the place of eternal conscious torment as we find Dante, Milton and Baxter writing about. Hell comes from Hel and Hel was a goddess/ogress in Norse mythology. They thought that if you did not rate going to Valhalla, you went to Helheim (House of Hel). It's just that simple.

Hell is a black void dimly lit in places, there are no go area's depending on how bad you are, the torment is your own which is by far the worst torment.

Satan is prince of the power of the air.
edit on th112822 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

Hell is a black void dimly lit in places, there are no go area's depending on how bad you are, the torment is your own which is by far the worst torment.

Satan is prince of the power of the air.

No, "hell" is a myth from paganism. Would you like to see more proof?

"Prince of the power of the air"? Do you even understand what that means??

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

So the Bible we have today, has it been stained by Satan at some point in our history, my belief is how can the Bible have not been stained, I'm not saying that the Bible is false, just not absolute truth. Satan has been around too long and men are too weak for this not to be the case in my opinion, again just look at the world today, Satan knows our nature better than we know ourselves.

Do you mind if I ask you if there's something specific that you feel is not absolute truth?

Men may be weak, but God is strong and has much more power than Satan in order to preserve his message. Here are a few things that Jesus said to his disciples about what they would preach and write...

John 14:25-26

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:12-14

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Absolute truth? No..
Guidelines on how to live a good and fulfilling life? Yes. (Though that doesn’t apply to all parts either, I wouldn’t stone my wife to death for being unfaithful, for example..)

I simply don’t believe in God as described in the Bible, or any other religious book for that matter, books that pretty much all tell the exact same stories..

Is there a power greater than us? I do believe so yes, but I don’t believe in the concepts of heaven, hell, God or Satan.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You don't need a satan corrupting any sacred text..
Which by way... all were written by human hands.

You just need imperfect, sometimes corrupt men speaking in God's name.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

All bibles have revised edition or version on the books cover. As in not the same as original book.
So No , no "bible" these days are the truth

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ

All bibles have revised edition or version on the books cover. As in not the same as original book.
So No , no "bible" these days are the truth

Bibles without "hell" are closest to the truth. God saves ALL.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The Bible has at least one inherent lie in it's interpretation.
(Be careful reading this post, it has explicit logic regarding God, omnipotence, and the Bible. These assumptions are based on Biblical interpretations, and are not based on direct knowledge of original scripture and it's translations thereof. Please do not be offended by my assertions.)

I don't know of the original scriptures' wording, in regards to the capability of what God can do.

However, a common interpretation of God's abilities include full blown omnipotence. (God can do anything with no limitations.)

That interpretation is inherently false.

God can NOT do anything.
God created this Universe, right?
Then God can't do nothing.
God already did something.
So doing "anything" is beyond the ability of God. God didn't do nothing. Doing nothing is under the umbrella of "anything".
Ergo, there's some reason God did what God did, even if that reason is as simple as God couldn't do nothing.

Either way, this foregoes full blown omnipotence, as long as we're able to sentiently observe and interpret the Universe around us.

One could claim that God had the ability to do nothing, and chose not to. Then my logic continues. God didn't choose to do nothing. Choosing to do nothing is under the umbrella of "anything".
Again. God can't do "anything". No full blown omnipotence.

Your argument for God's omnipotence would then come down to God creating us and this Universe, without choosing to do so. That would forego "God's plan".

So you end up either that God is not fully omnipotent, or "God's plan" is a lie, or an infinite circular logic chain that I don't feel like elaborating.

I don't know for sure if original scripture attributes full omnipotence to God. If it does, then that's a lie, unless it also never specifies that God created everything by will/choice. In which case, accepting that God has full omnipotence, you would have to forego the assumption that God planned anything, and determinism just goes completely out the window.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The bible IS absolute truth, however our interpretations and arguments about it is were our error's are found.

Understand that even Rabbi do not read it always in the literal sense but read into it many other meanings and so even fundamentalists often get it wrong, God is outside of time so a day to God may for example mean something very different, the earth was void and without form and darkness was upon the face of the deep, go forth and REplenish the earth are all points worthy of mention as is the now out of fashion (mostly due to it's adoption and use by Slavers) Pre-Adamite theory which is an interpretation that there were people BEFORE Adam.

But whatever our lack of understanding may be,
www.openbible.info...

And take the Red Sea crossing for example, archaeologists deny there is any evidence though this was NOT always the case and in fact the early Archaeologists before there profession was perverted by established doctrine's and academic postings and reputations were often trying to PROVE the bible.

So it took a man of Faith to find the site, after he did the Saudi Authority's locked off access to much that he had discovered, evidence that gives proof that much of Saudi was already claimed by the Jewish tribes on there return from Egypt when Moshe led them through those lands.
www.ronwyatt.com...

The fact is the TRUTH does not die, it may be hidden, the victors may teach lies as truth and political factors may make the truth inconvenient but it remains Truth.

What about Christs Blood.

After his death Mr Wyatt has been attacked by a great many people including some within the Church but HE did NOT Lie.

Some things you have to have in faith, science has replaced many peoples faith but for some they go hand in hand.

Even some whom worked for him and knew him have turned against him but only a long time AFTER his death.

For me he was a man of faith and did not lie, he believed truly what he said and I believe he spoke truth.

My one and only problem is the Ark of Noah which was found before he inspected the site and believed by those whom identified it to be the ark or Noah before he ever got there, that structure in turkey is I believe actually a boat but I do not have faith absolutely that it is THE ark of Noah, perhaps an ark from an earlier epoch made to the same design but in there case they made as a double ender that was then buried long enough to become petrified and fossilized (or one of Several Ark's since every sceptic points out that Noah's ark was a bit too small but what if he had several) while other expeditions and eye witness accounts as well as long held tradition of the Armenian Christians always placed the Actual ark of OUR Noah on Mount Ararat though both sites are within the biblical description for the site and both are within - the MOUNTAINS of Ararat area.
noahsark.it...

Of course if there was MORE than one ark the ark's greatest opponents would have an answer to there argument that the ark was too small.

So you see there are at least two ark like structures, one? (possibly two that fit the exact description, one fallen down a ravine and split in two and the other higher up buried in ice or perhaps they are the same object seen at two points in time having fallen out of the glacier and smashed in the early 20th century but would God allow that to happen?) made of wood that has been found on Ararat itself and another made of Stone that may once have been actual wood and for all the world looks to be just that petrified wood though it's sceptics deny it and claim it is just a volcanic feature despite the presence of rivets in lines in the structure, OR perhaps they are ALL Noah's ark and we are just missing part of the story were he made many of them a ship and many barges, the ship being the one turned to stone and one or perhaps two of the barges lodged on Ararat several miles away and higher up.

edit on 29-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Do you mind if I ask you if there's something specific that you feel is not absolute truth?

Men may be weak, but God is strong and has much more power than Satan in order to preserve his message. Here are a few things that Jesus said to his disciples about what they would preach and write...

John 14:25-26

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:12-14

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

I don't believe it's whole in it's interpretation from language to language and also the way it's taught in it's interpretation.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

The bible IS absolute truth, however our interpretations and arguments about it is were our error's are found.

Understand that even Rabbi do not read it always in the literal sense but read into it many other meanings and so even fundamentalists often get it wrong, God is outside of time so a day to God may for example mean something very different, the earth was void and without form and darkness was upon the face of the deep, go forth and REplenish the earth are all points worthy of mention as is the now out of fashion (mostly due to it's adoption and use by Slavers) Pre-Adamite theory which is an interpretation that there were people BEFORE Adam.

But whatever our lack of understanding may be,
www.openbible.info...

And take the Red Sea crossing for example, archaeologists deny there is any evidence though this was NOT always the case and in fact the early Archaeologists before there profession was perverted by established doctrine's and academic postings and reputations were often trying to PROVE the bible.

So it took a man of Faith to find the site, after he did the Saudi Authority's locked off access to much that he had discovered, evidence that gives proof that much of Saudi was already claimed by the Jewish tribes on there return from Egypt when Moshe led them through those lands.
www.ronwyatt.com...

The fact is the TRUTH does not die, it may be hidden, the victors may teach lies as truth and political factors may make the truth inconvenient but it remains Truth.

What about Christs Blood.

After his death Mr Wyatt has been attacked by a great many people including some within the Church but HE did NOT Lie.

Some things you have to have in faith, science has replaced many peoples faith but for some they go hand in hand.

www.arkdiscovery.com...#:~:text=Israel%20Antiquities%20Authority%20confirms%20that,he%20never%20found%20a%20chamber.

Yes I agree it's in the interpretation and there's error in the way it's taught but I believe it's been done intentionally.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Inspired by God but written by men. I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

ALL but the MONARCH OF BOOKS THE AUTHORIZED KING JAMES BIBLE

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

ALL but the MONARCH OF BOOKS THE AUTHORIZED KING JAMES BIBLE

Ha ha that’s funny, seems you have made the KJV an idol and worship it
That is what making it a monarch of all books seems to me

Anyway, just what it seems to me

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The reality we live in is a place where we are tested to see if we are worthy. In a truly advanced society they would never destroy the environment and abuse the world this bad. The clue is that god kicked Adam and eve out of the garden of eden because their wants could have led to destruction of Eden, the garden could easily provide their needs.

Teach the kids that your wants are occasional treats and to concentrate on their needs and their lives will be so much easier. We need food, water, shelter, warmth, and companionship...someone to talk to. What happened to society. And an occasional treat to reward us for being human.

What happened, people want food prepared for us, a lavish house, technology, millions of followers on social media, and ice cream and chocolate to reward them every time they do anything they believe is good...even though the stuff they believe is good is just doing stuff we should be considering as either necessary for living and not worth rewarding. I know so many people that go out and buy new things they do not really need to reward them for just going work and making a living. What is left over after the bills are paid is what you have to blow, putting yourself in debt just to look prestigious is not even sensible...yet we are conditioned to waste money to make the rich wealthier. If you got five grand given to you what would you do with it, most people these days would blow it on wants or take a trip somewhere.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ron Wyatt... lol

Absolute fraud... and one of the reasons why the bible has such a bad reputation in the modern world...

people that are willing to go to great extents to commit fraud and lie about things they've "found" which are never found again... Just so "Christians" will believe the stories in the book are true... disgusting

And no... the bible is not absolute truth

Far from it

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg
So the Bible we have today, has it been stained by Satan at some point in our history

Satan not required.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

And it was God who created Satan.

Without evil in the world, negatives....we would have everything good...and nothing to strive for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join