It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Bible Absolute Truth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What if... Just what if the Messiahs second coming was at the same part of the circle as exactly the same time before? Then all the preachings of were completely misunderstood?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I used to wonder about life after death, I used to wonder why I wasn’t aware of myself in sleep. If I couldn’t be aware of myself in sleep then there was no certainty I could or would exist after bodily death. After all what is our existence if not conscious existence, I mean would our existence even be considered ‘our’ existence if the memories were wiped out? An accident could wipe out a persons memories and so could ‘death’. Without memories we do not exist and we are nothing is what I used to think when suddenly I realised that even though I might not be as conscious during sleep as I am during waking, the sense of self was the same, that’s why I always said I dreamt I had a good sleep I had a bad sleep, the I, the sense of self is always the same, memory is a part of me but it cannot contain myself in its entirety. The sense of self is prior to everything, a Muslim might have a mystic experience in a church and become a Christian or a Christian might have a mystic experience in a Mosque and become a Muslim, a believer could become a non believer and a non believer could become a believer. Gods have changed and the Saviours/ Prophets have changed but the one aware of the changes is the same because he/she is always the same. He/She in itself doesn’t need a proof of its own existence, it’s the very basis of proving.
The only thing one can be ‘Absolutely’ certain of is his or her own existence for it is prior to everything, prior to even our understanding of the word God!
Therefore I’d like to think i myself am the Absolute Truth,
After all I need to be there first in order to accept or reject a book, and in doing either of these things my own existence remains the same unchanged untouched
Love all Respect all ✌️

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

Everything in the Bible is the Truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
to all that think there is no hell
research the miracle of fatima and get back to me

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

And it was God who created Satan.

Without evil in the world, negatives....we would have everything good...and nothing to strive for.

Your comment raises some good questions.

According to the Bible, eventually, Satan will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Will an eternal existence with God leave us with nothing to strive for? I don't think so, but I think it's worth noting that we'll never be living in perfect unity on this side of heaven. More proof of why we need a Savior and a chance to live in an existence where we won't need to ask questions any longer, because we'll have access to all of the answers. Until then, I guess we'll just have to leave it to Jesus to reveal what he will to whomever he will and let him sort it out.

Matthew 11:27

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Luke 10:22

22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CaliburnOneTwo

The only thing one can be ‘Absolutely’ certain of is his or her own existence for it is prior to everything, prior to even our understanding of the word God!
After all I need to be there first in order to accept or reject a book, and in doing either of these things my own existence remains the same unchanged untouched
Love all Respect all ✌️

With that said, are you suggesting that we shouldn't ask ourselves deeper questions of our existence because we'll never know for sure? Even after we die?

Forgive me for saying this, but this sounds like some kind of Buddhist doublespeak in order to provide yourself with fake inner peace because you're too tired to ask yourself the hard questions any more.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Love all Respect all ✌️

With that said, are you suggesting that we shouldn't ask ourselves deeper questions of our existence because we'll never know for sure? Even after we die?

Forgive me for saying this, but this sounds like some kind of Buddhist doublespeak in order to provide yourself with fake inner peace because you're too tired to ask yourself the hard questions any more.

I do believe in God! Of course I do! A personal God, I didn’t before, I wasn’t an atheist but wasn’t as intimate with God as I am now either. Anyways what kind of deeper questions do you think one should ask? And how do you know the answers to these questions? And who accepts the answers as right or wrong? You would!! In the end it all comes down to you buddy.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Who is your personal God? You?

edit on 30-11-2021 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant. So, when you said...

And who accepts the answers as right or wrong? You would!! In the end it all comes down to you buddy.

Since you didn't create life or death (and as a human you can't stop it), how do you determine what the right answer is?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
From whence Evil cometh.

Have you even read the O.T? Plus, Satan just paying rent to his Lord.

edit on 30-11-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Proto88
From whence Evil cometh.

Have you even read the O.T? Plus, Satan just paying rent to his Lord.

God is ALL mighty, he made the light and the darkness, creates and destroys, gives and taketh away.

The Devil can not even come close to competing with the Lord whom is master of and has the keys of both Heaven AND Hell.

God is Good but he is also ALL Mighty and woe betide those whom truly get on his wrong side.

This is why when petty demons try to style themselves as God they end up being kicked down very hard.

But he also does not like a strange fire being offered to him, so don't mix him up with Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu, the Good and the Bad one they are both incomplete and from the Zoroastrian tradition very different to our lord even if some of there later prophets were almost identical in there teachings, there was no word with Ahura Mazda he created an image of himself whom became jealous and corrupted his creation the Evil One Angra Mainyu.

Because some offered fire to the Lord that was STRANGE it became forbidden and the rabbi saw the danger this other religion posed due to many of it's similar (not identical) teachings so it was forbidden.

If you have both Good and Evil you choose Good, even the Devil chooses what is Good for himself and only an addict chooses knowingly what is bad.

God is Good therefore and indeed the Word God and the Word Gospel are derived from old words for Good and Good Word I believe in an ancestral language of German, El means Lord if I recall and many were given that title, Our God though Our Lord has non like him he is THE Lord not A Lord be that the Father or the Son in the union of the Trinity with the Holy Spirit whom are all THE Lord though it is worth remembering that when we worship the Son we worship the Father through him so while he IS LORD he is also the ultimate intercessor, the highest priest and the King above all others through whom alone we can come to the father AND he is also the Living Temple of God within whom the Living Presence of God resides.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

A Christian myself...I often think how the rest of the world who doesn't believe feels.

No Bible...but whatever they refer to...they live n die with their own beliefs.

I gotta believe God knows the heart whether belief in Jesus, Budda ...the Torah...

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I Believe literally that Jesus personality is or is an exact likeness to his Fathers personality, Jesus cried for us and asked for mercy upon us so he is GOOD, he could have destroyed the romans with a single thought but he did not and everything that has happed no matter how much it may hurt at the time had to happen, he even had to suffer for us to save us because what he could rise from without his help we can not, he is the way and the life and the resurrection.
And he IS our God.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Nope.

I just believe it is absolute truth
edit on 11/30/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I tend to agree with you. My point is billions worldwide...don't believe it as we do.

So, are they wrong? Respect them, respect us?

Love thy neighbor? But, not if they don't accept, read nor believe in our.."THE Good Book"?

I think it's the very nature of ministry. No one's wrong. There are many rooms in God's mansion.

The key is to open all doors to all people.

Jesus not only holds the door for those entering....but He took it completely off the hinges!

Hey, God Bless you!✌️✨

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yes Satan has had his hand in the bible, hence every new translation since wescott/hort is corrupted. But God promised to preserve his word, so any translation in any language before wescott/hort is not corrupted...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join