It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Criminal Elite Are Pushing For Child Labor Now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
America's children have been under attack lately through teaching them Marxist principals, and turning them against their parents. Now they want to employ and tax your children.

The Wisconsin senate recently approved a bill that expands the working day for minors, allowing 14- and 15-year-olds to work until 11 pm on non-school nights.

Over the summer New Jersey passed legislation temporarily increasing the number of hours that kids aged 16-18 are able to work. Meanwhile, fast-food chains across the US have ramped up their efforts to recruit kids. Last month a McDonald’s in Oregon sparked headlines after it put out a banner urging 14- and 15-year-olds to apply.

Source: The Guardian
www.theguardian.com...

Politics and culture commentator Russell Brand reports and discusses the subject with his usual wit.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Well then Australia went off that cliff long ago.

When I was younger I had a Saturday night job at the bakery in my town starting at 2AM on the Sunday morning.

Taught me some good work ethic and an occupation I didn’t wish to pursue.

The

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I started work when I was 13.
Buck sixty five an hour/sunup to sundown/seven days a week over the summer.
Brought home more a month than my dad.

Make em all start working when they are 13

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yeah , The Joke is On All of US..............................(

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Traditionally, these were the types of jobs that high school kids cut their teeth on. We called them entry level labor for a reason. You got your first, crappy food service job as soon as you could apply for one and learned really quickly how hard they sucked and it taught you that you wanted to skill up to something better so that you didn't spend your life whining about how you should be earning a living wage flipping burgers because you already knew it wasn't what you wanted to spend your life doing so you spent your time in school either getting into upper ed or heading off to a trade where you learned something other than fast food.

These jobs also taught you the very basic job skills like how to arrive on time and hold down a job schedule.

This idea that it's bad for younger kids to be in these jobs is wrong. It's what they were designed for, and I started as a carhop at the local Sonic when I was first able to apply. I learned how to count change the old-fashioned way among other things from that job.

That being said, kids shouldn't be working to all hours on school nights.
edit on 7-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Send em to school until they are 12.
Put em in a factory building iPhones when they turn 13.
Test em once a year to see if they deserve to go back to school.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Been working since I was 12. I'm not seeing a problem here. 14 and 15 year olds want to work. And it beats having them out vandalizing property all summer because they are bored!

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What's wrong with child labor exactly?
I worked as a child because I like money. As long as they are paid then I see no problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Master Plan Migrant Child labor with fake IDs 😃

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I worked as a child because I like money. As long as they are paid then I see no problem.

As long as they're paid and they have options, it's not a big issue. As along as they're paid and they don't work in place of their education, it's not a big issue.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

As long as they're paid and they have options, it's not a big issue. As along as they're paid and they don't work in place of their education, it's not a big issue.

LOL. When I was 13, I was rolling in dough. I can remember going to the bank one Friday and as the sun was setting, I vowed I would someday make a thousand a month. And when I turned 19, I had to revise my goal upward. And I still got a Bachelors and Masters Degree.
Working does not detract from education. Man, it makes it even more important.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I had a hand me down paper route from my brother when I was 11, I had 190+ customers to deliver to. Normal days where about 4-5 hours from when the bundles where dropped off; papers stuffed, folded and packed into my bags. about 4 big heavy bags that I had to carry one at a time. Sundays always took the longest cause of all the adds and television guides you had to stuff into the papers and came separately.

I was delivering back when we had that huge blizzard in blizzard in the 70's and it was a thick Sunday paper. It was a all day job for me to deliver all of them, even with my family helping it took most of the day and into the night to get them all delivered. At 11 almost twelve I must have worked 8 hours at least. The roads where so bad my parents could not even drive my route. But the goddamn news paper got them bundle dropped off just before the roads went to hell.

At 12 I opened my own bicycle shop out of my dad's garage. Would rebuild old bikes my dad would find at the dump and replace mix and match bikes, repaint them, ect.

My actual 1st job legally was at a dairy queen when I was 14, I'd work sometimes 6 hours or more then too.

I don't see the big deal here?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Started working in a large restaurant at 14. Lots of fun worked there till 19. 175 Waitresses and most of the kitchen help was female. AHHH good times.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Started working in a large restaurant at 14. Lots of fun worked there till 19. 175 Waitresses and most of the kitchen help was female. AHHH good times.

That's how it was for me working at Dairy Queen when I was 14. I got to know all the cute girls at school on a different level than at school, plus other girls that worked there.

Indeed fun times. I think at 15-16 was the best years of my life too.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is exactly what I was thinking about, this is not for American kids but to recruit the illegal children that will be lost to the system due to biden no tracking illegals crossing the border.

Years ago, I remember here in GA before laws got more strict illegals or "migrants" will pay 5 thousand dollars for papers from SS cards to driven licenses "before they went digital" and birth certificates, it was a big problem with identity theft, Puerto Rican identities are big business, this was before "life lock", I got my identity stolen during this time.

Yep, is going to happen again.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
First job at McDonalds age 14. Second job at 16 was working till 11 on week nights. Only made $5.50 an hour but I bought everything I needed or wanted on my own.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

America's children have been under attack lately through teaching them Marxist principals, and turning them against their parents. Now they want to employ and tax your children.

Wisconsin is a Republican-majority legislature, both houses.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't entirely disagree. I hated being a kid, it felt restraining, when I just wanted to go out in the world and be the adult I felt myself to be.

However, I am looking at this in terms of elitist interests and the escalation of tyranny. This issue can be judged separately for its own merits, but I'm seeing it through the critical lens of 'What are they up to now?' If the kids are being taught propaganda, then giving them jobs would allow them even less time to be influenced by their parents. It would allow the criminal elite to teach servitude under increasingly Orwellian leadership, and of course allow kids to be taxed. Women were at one point allowed/forced to work and be taxed (maybe a good thing but it earned a lot more revenue for the establishment to spend.)

I'm looking at the bad intentions behind this as well. Exactly what does the criminal elite have in mind?

Edit: It also gets families used to working collectively. What prevents it from escalating to the point where kids have to hold two jobs to help support the family?
edit on 7-11-2021 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Brand is very cool and quickly growing a massive following.
Can't believe I'm cool with a liberal but he's hard not to like.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Nothing. I explained my position in the post above this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join