It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Criminal Elite Are Pushing For Child Labor Now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Yup. Tyranny runs on both sides. It's been a 'one party system', although that changed a lot under Trump.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

He's pretty honest, funny, and insightful. Very likeable guy indeed.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

If the little crumb catchers can drink a Mocha Choka Latte at Starbucks they are old enough to work a 9-5

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

What's wrong with child labor exactly?
I worked as a child because I like money. As long as they are paid then I see no problem.

People on the left have a romanticized vision of what childhood should be and what it was like in the past.

Through most of history, kids have always worked as soon as they were old enough. It is hilarious people handwringing about kids working in restaurants as if kids never worked before. The only reason we even have a "summer break" in school is because that is when kids actually had to go work the farm. Back breaking work.

I recall kids loving being able to get a job at a fast food joint. I used to be jealous that some of my friends had jobs. They were working and saving money to buy their sh!tbox cars and stereos.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

America's children have been under attack lately through teaching them Marxist principals, and turning them against their parents. Now they want to employ and tax your children.

Wisconsin is a Republican-majority legislature, both houses.

The Wisconsin legislation isn't Marxist as you seem to think 😎

You're cherry-picking to start bitter jealous arguing 😎

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Well then Australia went off that cliff long ago.

When I was younger I had a Saturday night job at the bakery in my town starting at 2AM on the Sunday morning.

Taught me some good work ethic and an occupation I didn’t wish to pursue.

The

Same with my kids working dishwashing in restaurants. It taught them to work hard as a team and that they never want to work in the restaurant industry again. Fine by me.

My oldest walked into a biker bar at 14 to ask if he could work dishwashing and got the job. Many late nights that I had to drive him to and from but the learning experience is priceless especially that drinking doesn't make you look or sound as glamourous as you feel. He told me lots of stories about drunks talking crap but tipping him big for being a kid. Plus, he was the only one in junior high that worked at a bar so he felt pretty special. Paid for his own trip to europe at 16. I think if the kids are safe and respected its not bad to work late/long hours.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
As a chimneysweep and a bootblack at the age of 5, I can thank all the hard work for making me the man I am today!

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
America's children have been under attack lately through teaching them Marxist principals, and turning them against their parents. Now they want to employ and tax your children.

I'm very much in favor of abolishing all child labor laws, and just letting parents and kids decide for themselves how they want to spend their time.

The only thing I'm against is forced child labor - which includes parents who exploit their kids when they get into acting gigs. The damage done to all of the child 'stars' in the last 80 years is horrific.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GuitaristRob

My best friend across the street had an older brother who had a paper route, and I remember when she and I would get our bikes and ride the route with him. He was doing the job, but we all had lots of fun.

He was barely into junior high, and she and I were still in grade school.
edit on 8-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: GuitaristRob

My best friend across the street had an older brother who had a paper route, and I remember when she and I would get our bikes and ride the route with him. He was doing the job, but we all had lots of fun.

He was barely into junior high, and she and I were still in grade school.

I basically did lawn work from about 10 years old up till I went to college. I made enough doing that to pay for whatever I wanted as a teen. Dad basically gave me a gas can and a Snapper lawnmower and rake. I had about 5 or 6 houses I cut grass for every week or so. This was 35 years ago and I was getting 20-$50/yard.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Nah, this is a benefit.

The longer it takes for someone to get a job and learn it takes responsibility of self to keep it comin', the worse off the little crotch demon is. Doesn't matter if it's mom and dad riding their ass to mow lawns in the neighborhood on weekends, or clocking in somewhere. It gets them to understand integrity, and self-reliance either way at BARE minimum.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Nah, this is a benefit.

The longer it takes for someone to get a job and learn it takes responsibility of self to keep it comin', the worse off the little crotch demon is. Doesn't matter if it's mom and dad riding their ass to mow lawns in the neighborhood on weekends, or clocking in somewhere. It gets them to understand integrity, and self-reliance either way at BARE minimum.

Yup. Teaches hustle and being responsible. If you want something, you have to put in the work.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The stuff people get outraged over is funny.

I had a job from 12 on, it taught me how to be a responsible and conscientious employee. It also taught me the importance of striving to be financially independent.

This is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The stuff people get outraged over is funny.

I had a job from 12 on, it taught me how to be a responsible and conscientious employee. It also taught me the importance of striving to be financially independent.

This is a good thing.

I would say most 12 years old make better employees than people in their 20-30's

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I would say most 12 years old make better employees than people in their 20-30's

Agreed. You can usually get away with shackling them to a radiator since they haven't heard of OSHA at that point.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

My parents didn't want me to worry about holding down a job during school, but the always wanted me to have a summer job. They preferred I get involved in school activities and have the time I needed to commit to those during the school year. Had I not done those, they would have insisted I work during the year too.

I worked part-time all summer, and it wasn't long before I picked up working the harvest at one or another of the grain elevators. During those few weeks, I was basically juggling two jobs and working dawn to dusk seven days a week, but it was only a few weeks and I make a primo chunk of change doing it. I got a lot of the things I wanted/needed doing that.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Let the kids work.

If society is truly crumbling, it's better to have the youth behind the counter than on the streets.

Do you know why summer break is a thing in America? CHILD LABOR.

40% of Americans were farmers way back when. Families would need the extra hands working the fields.

At the very least, in this economy, if you start work at 12 you may have an actual chance to retire at the age of 60.
edit on 8-11-2021 by CloneFarm1000 because: $

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed. You can usually get away with shackling them to a radiator since they haven't heard of OSHA at that point.

The 20 something crowd have OSHA rules memorized, the problem is they don't realize how the real world works and it's rarely followed.
edit on 8-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well it was not that long ago some states were allowing children to be married to the likes of 40 year old men.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-11-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join