It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Ice cap of Mars is retreating big time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The actual title is : "Where’s Greta when you need her? NASA witnesses dramatic polar ice COLLAPSE on Mars."
What could be causing such a dramatic change in the polar ice cap of Mars? Has their CO2 or methane increased along with atmospheric pressure ?..... Or.... Could it be the suns output or maybe the galactic wave that seems to happen every 12,000 years according to some theories ? One thing about it some pretty good science and pictures.

Remarkable, freshly released images show a radical landscape change at the planet’s north pole, following a polar ice cap collapse.

The orbiter’s HiRise camera team created a striking before-and-after GIF showing a “field of ice blocks” that were left behind in the wake of the stunning planetary redecorating.

See Link for GIF

www.rt.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Because it isn't just Earth that's warming up, it's the entire solar system.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Greta will tell us that all those rovers and the helicopter are to blame. I doubt she could accept the fact that other factors might be involved.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
What could be causing such a dramatic change in the polar ice cap of Mars?

Obviously it's because our carbon is now causing warming on other planets!

We need to money-shift away all emissions, and turn the clock (technology, population, and life expectancy) back to the first Dark Ages. Now! NOW!! Progressive office holders and celebrity activists will of course be exempt.

Or maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas...

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Greta will tell us that all those rovers and the helicopter are to blame. I doubt she could accept the fact that other factors might be involved.

We should start a Go fund me account so Elon can send her there to find out...

One way.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Seriously though go back about 750 million years, just a tiny wee bit in time, you will find the earth looking more like Hoth (According to the snow ball earth theory) from Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back, frozen from pole to pole, it had been that way since about 2.2 billion years ago with a few potentially warmer periods in between but we know nothing of what lived on the earth during those warm periods because the glaciation on a global scale created the great non conformity an area of perhaps the entire earths surface that was eroded away that was maybe a mile deep.

As our Sun get's older it get's hotter, as Hydrogen diminishes the sun is forced to use heavier and heavier element's beginning with it's supply of Helium and in as short a time as maybe just four or five hundred million years the earth may become like Venus is NOW, odd thing is that Venus may have once been like the earth with two continents (Venusian highlands) and a global ocean until the sun and perhaps some event on Venus tipped it over the edge and it got too hot, the seas boiled literally away and once they were in the atmosphere that HO2 broke down into Oxygen and Hydrogen, the Oxygen combined with the Carbon creating Carbon Dioxide and the Hydrogen being the lightest gas bled off into space and became lost though it does still rain in Venus, concentrated sulphuric acid that never reaches the ground but evaporates away before it ever does.

Regardless of what we humans do ( - IF I may borrow from a belief many have about ancient aliens - unless we rob back the gold Zechariah Sitchins Anunnaki supposedly stole and build a huge array of orbiting golden heat, radiation and light deflectors to blow divert enough of the future sun's heat and light away from the earth) that is Earth's Future even if humans did not exist on the earth.

Sadly like Corporations whom only want what is next in there own pockets to push there share prices up and keep the investors happy when the next share holders meeting is held eco warriors are mostly not scientists and only know what they have been told, they believe that they can make a difference and just maybe - just maybe - they can but only on the short term while in fact the very science they are rejecting may be the route to ensure both humanity and the worlds survival if used correctly - not by corporations but by governments which is a major argument for governments to invest far more heavily in science.

And of course it is possible that if the CARBON DIOXIDE in the Martian Ice Cap's all melts even despite the extremely thin atmosphere and weak magnetic field of mars it may become more habitable, in fact long ago it may have actually been a habitable world just like Venus may have been, in mars case that would have required it to have a stronger magnetic field to protect it's atmosphere from the Abrasive affects of the solar wind (which it probably did have) and it will then potentially once more have liquid water on it's surface, it is possible that a lot of mars water may still exist frozen under the dust of ages.

edit on 6-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I don’t think you can really compare both planets ice caps and use them in the same context.

Mars has no magnetic field, one percent of the atmospheric pressure and is 50 million miles farther from the sun.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Polar Ice cap of Mars is retreating big time

....and the Great Red Spot on Jupiter recedes , etc.
It's called cycles.
Just like the Earth is going through .

edit on 11/6/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here's a thought what if they keep things frozen to keep us away - Antarctica and so on now they turned off the freezer and .........

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Geez, guys, obviously we need to go back to living in caves, pooping in trenches and stop driving our SUVs. We've gotten so bad in the US that we're burning off Mars now!

How dare we deprive little Martian children of their childhoods.

I think this calls for all the people who are so much smarter because they're rich to fly in their individual private gus guzzling jets to an exotic locale and snort blow off the bare bellies of hookers for a week until they decide how best to deprive us of what little joys our useless little lives contain.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I don’t understand why anyone would trust a child about world science.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We are going to have to face the fact we will eventually burn up our Sun has been pumping out heat for a very long time . It's going to run out of fuel at some point - Unless that big ship they seen was actually the gas driver making a delivery .

We are doomed I don't buy the millions and billions of years left bull - The Sun is a natural object subject to malfunctions .

If we don't move our efforts to learning how to stay alive longer than 80 years and get off this planet we are all ready just a memory .
edit on 6-11-2021 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Especially if Aliens are using it as a petrol station.

Shame on you Aliens stealing our future.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Mars is coming to the end of it's Summer , polar Ice shrinkage is a regular occurrence as shown in the gif below.

Left is the North pole Right the South.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Summer is Marsquake season which probably explains the rock fall.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I read something about four years that stated that we are coming into some type of high energy stream of electrons from outside the solar system which is supposed to possibly heat our solar system up somehow. There is also some tiny meteors and dust in that cloud I think. That may be the reason that most of the planets are warming up somewhat.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't know all the inn's and out's (Apparently a 50 or so thousand year cycle though it takes about five times as long for the solar system to complete a full orbit of the galaxy so that would mean the solar system rising and falling relative to the galactic plane about five times each orbit) but apparently as we move around the Galaxy our solar system moves up and down on the galactic plane a little like a record with a slight warp in it and it may possibly pass through regions of denser particles when it does but that is pure speculation and if so I would be surprises the solar wind did not dissipate those particles.

edit on 6-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I don’t understand why anyone would trust a child about world science.

I think many only follow her simply because everybody else is. They don't actually pay attention to what she's saying. They just jump aboard the wagon, without knowing or caring where it has been or where it is going.

She's kinda like the Pied Piper.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Mars is coming to the end of it's Summer , polar Ice shrinkage is a regular occurrence as shown in the gif below.

Left is the North pole Right the South.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Summer is Marsquake season which probably explains the rock fall.

Wait ... you mean shrinkage of the polar ice caps because of natural seasonal cycles of heating and cooling is a normal occurrence on Mars, but not on Earth? On Earth it only happens because we drive SUVs?! Who knew ...

edit on 6-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

She is a figure head, a mascot but one that has very successfully grabbed the worlds attention and in advertising that would be called a successful advertising campaign.
That makes her a brand, she will go out of fashion and they will need a new figure head but for a few generations everyone will associate Greta with climate change.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
Because it isn't just Earth that's warming up, it's the entire solar system.

Please do not let current Democrats see your comment. They will want another $10 Trillion to save Mars.
edit on 6-11-2021 by Enduro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join