It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Ice cap of Mars is retreating big time

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't know all the inn's and out's (Apparently a 50 or so thousand year cycle though it takes about five times as long for the solar system to complete a full orbit of the galaxy so that would mean the solar system rising and falling relative to the galactic plane about five times each orbit) but apparently as we move around the Galaxy our solar system moves up and down on the galactic plane a little like a record with a slight warp in it and it may possibly pass through regions of denser particles when it does but that is pure speculation and if so I would be surprises the solar wind did not dissipate those particles.

I think that our solar system goes around the centerline of our galactic orbit in a spiral springlike patern. Once we change from the inside of the orbital line to the outside, there is some sort of change, and same when we cross the orbital plane out. But that is only speculation by science, because we never have witnessed it doing that even though it happens every so many years. It is like the earth following our orbital plane around the sun and the patern of the moon against the earths movement appears to be a spring going around a hula hoop. Our planet's orbit does decay too, we are slowly getting closer to the sun by a tiny amount each pass. It will be quite a few more years before it gets close enough to bake us. Add that to stronger galactic energy winds and sun high energy cycles and our disrespect we have for our environment and we have a problem.

I think that the climate change crap is just crap, we need to stop destroying our environment in lots of ways, we are poisoning the earths ability to heal itself.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The actual title is : "Where’s Greta when you need her? NASA witnesses dramatic polar ice COLLAPSE on Mars."
What could be causing such a dramatic change in the polar ice cap of Mars? Has their CO2 or methane increased along with atmospheric pressure ?..... Or.... Could it be the suns output or maybe the galactic wave that seems to happen every 12,000 years according to some theories ? One thing about it some pretty good science and pictures.

Remarkable, freshly released images show a radical landscape change at the planet’s north pole, following a polar ice cap collapse.

The orbiter’s HiRise camera team created a striking before-and-after GIF showing a “field of ice blocks” that were left behind in the wake of the stunning planetary redecorating.

See Link for GIF

www.rt.com...

Oh fer chrissake, this happens every Martian year. The Southern hemisphere of Mars is higher and colder than the Northern hemisphere. During Southern Winter it gets cold enough at the Southern Martian pole that a lot of CO2 freezes out as dry ice snow. Because the Northern pole is at lower altitude, much less CO2 will freeze there in Northern Winter. At the peak of Southern Winter 30% of the Martian atmosphere freezes out and falls on the ground at the South Pole. As the planet moves from Southern Winter to Spring and Summer, the Southern CO2/water ice cap melts and returns CO2 to the atmosphere. Meanwhile, the Northern cap is moving into Winter and some CO2 is freezing out so the Northern cap is growing in size. As the cycle repeats, the CO2 in the Northern cap thaws out and turns back into gas, thereby revealing the water ice which also melts and retreats poleward. That’s what the HIRISE images are showing.
edit on 6-11-2021 by 1947boomer because: ETA

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Yes, but when it "happens every year" here, it's drastic global warming. In case you haven't noticed we have Global Warming and Winter and during Winter when we have drastic weather, it's just weather.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, but when it "happens every year" here, it's drastic global warming. In case you haven't noticed we have Global Warming and Winter and during Winter when we have drastic weather, it's just weather.

A polar vortex.

I remind everyone our magnetic pole is slipping toward Siberia roughly. That is affecting the water patterns in the atmosphere and the magma under our crust IMO.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The temperature in our entire solar system has been rising for more then 2 decades. I have been pointing this out to every single climate change nutcase but they will simply wave it off and call it fake news since it does not support their believe system.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If we poop in holes properly at our own homes we'll be doing one of the best things we can. Look up the toxicity of centralized sewage treatment. We call it our waste because we're wasting it. Trees, bushes, vines grown from our feces where we live is superplus for Earth and our world. Get squatting, Greta! a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

The temperature in our entire solar system has been rising for more then 2 decades. I have been pointing this out to every single climate change nutcase but they will simply wave it off and call it fake news since it does not support their believe system.

Yes the solar system is traveling through the local interstellar cloud which has a temperature of 7000°kelvin and is magnetically charged. And even though it is more of a void than a cloud there could be denser parts of it which is interacting with the solar system and is why even the outer planets are heating up.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

She's kinda like the Pied Piper.

Good.
The Pied Piper of the Pathetic .

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Since we are told it must be man made, that is proof man is on mars, right?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It's all part of that Obamacare Global Warming Trump racism...

I mean, Martian cow farts

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

No, we have consequences of global warming in all seasons, all over Earth, the fact that the media (alternative or mainstream) doesn't talk about it doesn't make it any different.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Its the Secret Space Program! Here I thought those were just hucksters trying to sell books. Wowzer!

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Greta will tell us that all those rovers and the helicopter are to blame. I doubt she could accept the fact that other factors might be involved.

Greta will blame anything. She just never comes up with any solutions. She's happy to burn loads of fossil fuels to do exactly that (nothing) to show up at a party at the other side of the globe though.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I think it's possible to find some hype, exaggeration and politics going on in global warming communication, so I wouldn't take everything published at face value, but that doesn't mean the underlying message is false. There is a warming trend and mankind seems to be the culprit, the question is, how severe is the warming, and which forecasts are right?

The annual cycle of polar ice extent overshadows the smaller trend in the arctic over the years.

originally posted by: ArMaP
No, we have consequences of global warming in all seasons, all over Earth, the fact that the media (alternative or mainstream) doesn't talk about it doesn't make it any different.

Generally, perhaps so, but interestingly, one of the two polar regions on Earth may actually be an exception to that.

In this graph, notably the seasonal changes in arctic ice dwarf the trendline change which shows a gradual decrease:
Arctic sea ice decline

But the opposite polar region, the antarctic, is not showing the same decline. The maximum (or minimum) ice extent each year can be graphed and we see variation, but no clear trend, up or down.

Understanding climate: Antarctic sea ice extent

Overall, the long-term trend in Antarctic sea ice is nearly flat. Spanning over four decades, the satellite record shows periods of increasing and decreasing sea ice, but few of those trends have been statistically significant.

This is a graph of the annual maximum, which doesn't show a clear trend (nor does the graph of the minimum at the same link)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This is clear evidence for human-like life on Mars. As we all know, planetary climates are naturally stagnant and only the presence of human pollution could cause such a shift. (Caused by a lower class of human of course, emissions from upper class humans are harmless.)

Wondering when Elon Musk will finally own up to filling a Martian base with gas-guzzling far-right astronauts, as there's clearly no other possible cause.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I don’t think you can really compare both planets ice caps and use them in the same context.

Mars has no magnetic field, one percent of the atmospheric pressure and is 50 million miles farther from the sun.

But it isn't just mars and earth, all of the planets are heating up and even the planetoid pluto; collectively they show a warming of the entire solar system and that additional heat needs to be quantified and filtered out of all the climate models or the models will be inaccurate and therefore garbage.
edit on 8-11-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: clarification

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I think a similar thing happens in Mars, one polar cap reacts more to the changes than the other.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Wouldn't this mean that influencing radiation is coming form either the northern or southern heavens ?
edit on 8-11-2021 by graysquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: graysquirrel

If the same polar caps are affected then that's a possibility.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I don't think we know how long our cycles take. I don't think we have been here long enough or will be here for long enough to record a full cycle to be honest.

I thought someone might have figured a way to send Greta to Mars.

Gas guzzling...All those never cars economy is good for the environment, but the plastics and all the rest I have no idea what that's doing. I drive an old Datsun ('79) a couple days a week and I reckon in it's life it probably hasn't polluted as much as most of the new ones.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join