It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Marines Commandos force US Marine Corps troops to surrender in training exercise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Word!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Cool. So we can just pull out of NATO, bring our troops home and leave you and the rest of Europe to cover your own ass.

That would be ideal! We're not the planet's damned bouncers, or cops, gawd.

But it still does not look very good when the world's self-proclaimed "Best" military gets licked by a bunch of tea-guzzling, funny-talking...Brits. That's more than a little embarrassing, who's in the best position for Spotted Dick dessert jokes NOW? XD

Hopefully something is learned from this. I recall in a previous thread about us losing ANOTHER war game match badly (Taiwan area mock-fight, wasn't it?) that it was more about just winning to win, it wasn't seen as learning from mistakes anymore but rather, HAVING to win, Because America, and those lessons from failure be damned.
edit on 11/3/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

Not reading anything into it mate just celebrating the game victory and showing pride in the best of our military forces , my brother in law's brother is a former Royal Marine and I respect him and them for what they do.

edit on 3-11-2021 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My sources inside the Pentagon tell me that the British threw small jars of jellied eels at the Americans.

The Americans got grossed and called a time-out.

The Brits didn't pinky-swear and cheated.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Good show though & props on the war game!

Cheers mate.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: JAGStorm

Attack of the lobster people.

Not quite. That's the Irish tourists

Hey JAG, we used to stomp around the same areas -- remember, nothing's truly an eyesore in Florida until the elderly, pasty, round German grandfathers come over on holiday, and don Speedos.

Mother of Effing GOD, that's unkind.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The more likly scenario

Behind the scenes back at Joint Observation HQ, the top British commanders were complaining about how the New Royal Marines LRG force was suffering from low moral and they needed a win. So a plan was hatched where the field commanders were fed Intel about the advance of the opposing force, and strikes on The U.S. Marine Command and Control bases were struck while the main forces were advancing on the Allied defenses.

Just kidding, but you know what? It appears that it just wasn't Royal Marines that stuck in. from your link.

The LRG won decisive battles early on, according to the Royal Navy, but soon found the Marine Corps pushing into allied territory. To counter the advance, the Green Berets and allies carried out raids behind enemy lines, infiltrating the US Marine Corps' position and striking assets critical to the US defence and ability to coordinate their own attacks.

So it appears that they had a little help from there friends,

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My sources inside the Pentagon tell me that the British threw small jars of jellied eels at the Americans.

I heard the Royal Marines ran at the US Marines waving black pudding and throwing hagis and we just caught your guys off guard by drawing roundabouts on your maps!!!

edit on 3-11-2021 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

until the elderly, pasty, round German grandfathers come over on holiday, and don Speedos.

That would make anyone consider surrendering!!
Now we know why the French surrendered even quicker than usual at the beginning of WW2.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Not quite. That's the Irish tourists

Hey JAG, we used to stomp around the same areas -- remember, nothing's truly an eyesore in Florida until the elderly, pasty, round German grandfathers come over on holiday, and don Speedos.

Mother of Effing GOD, that's unkind.

I had to explain to my toddler why the scary European man was wearing a thong.

I told her in their parts of the world they don't get to see the sun so when they visit Florida they like every single part of their body out.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: gortex

You are turning one battle in to a superior fighting force and claiming you are better. The full brunt of our military can turn your little island to ash in a weekend.
Next time a war happens, you go first and don't ask us to save you.

Go first?As usual then.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I was about to post this story and noticed you beat me to it.
I'm glad our new tactics and Littoral Response Group worked out well.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I heard the Royal Marines ran at the US Marines waving black pudding and throwing hagis and we caught your guys off guard drawing roundabouts on your maps!!!

Huh.

I'd have thought someone simply let an unshaven, odor au naturel French girl run through....All that arm pit hair, leg hair, and...um..."musk", must have had everyone thinking they finally found Sasquatch.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

an unshaven, odour au naturel French girl run through....All that arm pit hair, leg hair, and...um..."musk"

That's 95% of the French population I think if they were running in the opposite direction???

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I read this thread, and I see my fellow Yanks arguing with our Brit friends, and I can't help but think to myself:
"Bit sad, innit?"

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

The butthurt is way too strong for what boils down to military games.

I don't doubt for one second they take it seriously and are very competitive with their foreign counterparts.

But based off of the reactions, you'd have though Alec Baldwin was on one of the teams of an exercise.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But based off of the reactions, you'd have though Alec Baldwin was on one of the teams of an exercise.

If Alec Baldwin had of been there no one would have been safe and the exercise would have needed body bags!!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You're going to cause trouble.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Comforting to see the US continue to be predictable and therefore reliable .

They have not won anything for at least 70 years and it would be silly to let their troops expect otherwise .

'Leave it to the British' is the tried and tested formula for success .

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes, yes, yes, you had better tactics, but clearly your side wasn't woke enough. You actually won. Winning makes people feel bad, and you don't win hearts and minds that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join