It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Marines Commandos force US Marine Corps troops to surrender in training exercise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A five-day exercise has been happening in the Mojave Desert focused on combating military threats in the Middle East and around the world with the US Marine Corps playing the bad guys and the British Royal Marines plus other allied forces playing the good guys , the Royal Marines won decisive battles early on but the Marine Corps were found to be pushing into allied territory so the Royal Marines conducted a counter attack by going behind enemy lines and infiltrating the US Marine Corps' position forcing the US troops to surrender.

But during a five-day exercise, the culmination of two months of training in the Mojave Desert, the US Marine Corps asked for a "reset" after the Green Berets dominated the battle, reported The Daily Telegraph.

Dr Mark Galeotti, an expert on Russia who has been a consultant for the Foreign Office, wrote in 2018 of how a retired Russian officer told him: "Britain has always had the best light infantry in the world, and the b******* get places faster than we would like."

When the exercise concluded with a last-minute assault, the allied forces successfully repelled them and the game eventually finished with the British and allied forces controlling more than two thirds of the entire battlefield.

The Ministry of Defence said that the deployment had ensured that the commando element of LRG South is ready for operations from next year, reacting to unfolding events around the world.
news.sky.com...

You may have the best equipment but we got the best Marines.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When we go at it with China we'll be sure to send in your boys first lol.

Or France by the looks of things.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Cool. So we can just pull out of NATO, bring our troops home and leave you and the rest of Europe to cover your own ass.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Congrats. The training wheels are off and You guys can ride on your own now.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Sore loser.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You guy best forget the :
US
Russia
China
and start planning for the French .

edit on 11/3/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Congrats. The training wheels are off and You guys can ride on your own now.

I think you'll find we've been doing this stuff since well before your country was your country , but thanks.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

To be fair our military is busy with woke training and making sure we don't hurt anyone's little feelings.

We just don't have the time to train to be an actual military anymore.

Fair play to you as you Brits like to say.

edit on 11 3 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

start planning for the French .

We have a good track record there.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The Brits may have won, but are they woke, gender-inclusive, and non-racist?

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I love a nice "feel good fluff" piece like this.

[pats gortex on the head]

It's a nice morale boost for you lot. Should push come to shove with this spat y'all are having with the Frenchies, you're going to need all the confidence you can muster. After all, they could massively hamstring your supply lines almost by accident.

Now this training exercise in the Mojave Desert...is this a home and away type exercise, where our Marines would come to "your place" to conduct training next year? Do you guys have enough room to host such an event, or do you rent out space for military exercises from, I don't know say...the French?

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You are turning one battle in to a superior fighting force and claiming you are better. The full brunt of our military can turn your little island to ash in a weekend.
Next time a war happens, you go first and don't ask us to save you.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think they're Woke , they are gender-inclusive and only a little racist in some parts.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think they're Woke , they are gender-inclusive and only a little racist in some parts.

Then it's obvious that they didn't fight fair but Gen. Miley might have called the British commander and told him what the Americans were doing just to make it fair.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I don't worry about who surrenders in training, I worry about who surrenders in real life!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You are turning one battle in to a superior fighting force and claiming you are better.

All your base are belong to us.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

All your base are belong to us.

All we would have to do is put sun lamps on the bases. I've seen your people............on vacation...............in
Florida.......................It ain't pretty...😂🤣😅😆

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My people came to these shores from your island of empire builders.

Brits have traditionally been tough & smart.

In trouble & left to your own devices, however, and you'll be begging for help from those who saved your begging bacon before after having fried it the first time prior to 1776. 😁

Good show though & props on the war game!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Not to sound like a case of Sour Grapes, but I think you’re reading too much into the article. Ever since NATO was stood up, U.S. and Allied forces have been conducting war games with/against each other. The games are often scripted. Heck, the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Army and/or Air Force go head to head against each either all the time. When the Marines ‘lose’, it doesn’t mean the Marines surrender to the Army (or Vice Versa).

As a side note: There’s a great deal of respect in the U.S. Marine Corps for the Royal Marines. Observer slots for American officers in the Royal Marines are highly coveted assignments. And what most Americans (or Brits, for that matter) DON’T know is that the cuffs on the U.S. Marine Corps’ Dress Blue uniform is shaped like a crown, in remembrance of our Colonial heritage as Royal Marines!

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Attack of the lobster people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join