It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to talk about God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So the way to the truth is being sincere. To yourself. The truth is out there and if you are sincere you will find it. It means dropping ego, pride, inhibitions as well as your previous leanings as sometimes you will want to believe something because those around you do as its easier. This isnt searching for the truth as your following your own desires. The truth is out there, research, look into the main religions and apply rational, science and your own sincere reflection and you will get there.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
If you want a clear description of God without any religious bias check out The Urantia Book. (www.urantia.org...).

It is the most detailed book about God, the Universe and our place in it that you will find. Guarantee that it will push your understanding of God to new levels.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short
Have you ever wandered if Hell is Earth? Souls Being reincarnated over and over in this astral prison until we reach a higher consciousness which has the ablilty to transcend us into a higher dimension.. aka "Heaven / Nirvana"

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UB2120

"The Universal One" by Walter Russell

edit on 3 11 21 by Compendium because: micro font

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If a woman was secure in her abortion she will see "the baby" if she does not run from baby like it is a devil? Then it will serve her like a demon butler knowing it just wanted to rule her by lust, greed and hatred like a monster otherwise it wouldn't have tried to take birth.

Those women that dont run or recant also test to see who has the eye of daeva or purity by pointing the child out... like this demon of mine is willing to serve you as well.

Don't fall for it whether male or female is my advice or you will fall into hell and take its place whether she births you or makes another demon?

who knows who knows?

One that knows not to fall for it that an abbot wanted to be already fallen accepting what I said don't as advice knowing she was a dakini goddess... told me who and what she was, she also said all children are evil and that everyone is guilty until proven innocent.She's funny though knowing all her incarnations and choosing which one to beguile with or teach with, she does keep her male self incarnation like a soiled garment though. preferring her examination as female she's also been an enlightened being for over 800 years but having reach being a goddess or dakini level there is no such thing as "time" existing beyond it. In Zen they call that dragging a corpse... but she knows it.

In the cyclic rounds of existence such beings arise and pass based on their levels of wisdom...sort of like planetary bodies suspended in "space" or emulsion of the elements... aether and space are akin to the same thing however one is closer to be aflame.

Gautama Buddha did not speak of gods only Brahmas... knowing it was a vehicle to enter or exit birth and death... until nirvana was achieved.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hi Peeple. The loving peace you described feeling, evokes a sense of agape. I have felt something similar before, it reminds me of ecstasy.

I don't usually try to talk to God like a waiter. Prayer can be powerful. When looking for guidance, I've had good results contemplating my situation/enquiry before bedtime and asking for help in my dreams. Often reflecting on the pieces I recall helps to shed insight on my requests. I feel the intensity of one's desires helps to highlight areas to investigate, in dreams and waking life. Life will usually fill in the blanks, depending on how well I practice paying attention.

It can be challenging getting greater clarity on how one feels and thinks about what matters to them. Religion and belief systems are as varied as the cultures and times they live in. There are lots to explore, ideally, I feel that one's spiritual journey can be described as a form of self-realization. God willing, sincere effort helps someone learn the lessons they need to grow as they better express their highest ideals.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Thank you. This is something I shy away from, honestly I needed the reminder.
There is so much trauma and pain involved that even though I know in theory it is what I should try to explore I just hit a wall.
Maybe I truly need to find that method you have modified for my needs.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You're welcome.

I posted and looked back over the thread some more. This side of life can be a real adventure. Many express Christian perspectives in our community. Religion can be a hot-button topic, but there are benefits to looking at it from different angles. Conversations like these often make me wonder if someone has explored different faiths or has had relationships with some who walk those paths. They have often touched my heart, and their positive examples have left their marks on me.

Looking at it in the bigger picture, I've gotten good mileage from keeping in mind some of the ideas of Carl Jung, and other philosophical lines of thought. The search for understanding can be good for cultivating peace of mind. Philosophical back and forth turns my crank, though watching others in action or practicing being my better self has been more fulfilling. I have found that sharing and posting online has been useful too if only to give me a larger context and or practice expressing myself better. It's been therapeutic sharing with others of a similar bent.

Imo everyone has suffered to one degree or another. Healing is important, but it's so hard sometimes. It reminds me of people I've met who would give you the shirt off their back if they saw someone without. Their humility is such, that I wonder if they would ask for help if the situation were reversed. Idk, hopefully, someone would treat them in kind. It's ok to love ourselves, how can we be good to others if we can't be good to ourselves?

Healing takes time, and circumstances can make it difficult. Scars remind me of painful experiences and the stripes one earns as they overcome. Loving ourselves and practicing making peace with the adversity we face is a process.

I believe working on that as we mature encourages energy to flow better. It brings to mind the chakras and the growing pains of starting a family when me and my dad's side of the family were at odds with each other. It took me a long time to realize how deeply my relationships with my parents coloured my perspective and what it means to grow on all levels.

I get the impression you may be interested in checking out Pythagoras Golden Verses some time. I have found the ideas fruitful food for thought before going to bed. Not a bad jumping-off point for your own styles or techniques.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

I've felt this feeling from time to time. The intensity varies. At its strongest, it's like all the walls have come down, and one experiences a glimpse of the joy of pure being.

This sensation, I feel in a smaller sense when experiencing personal epiphanies, or when life catches me off guard. Love working in a way that blows my mind, and the acts of compassion that keep me hopeful for the future. I feel it's part of our wiring, an experience best meant to inspire and remind us of love.

The feeling you felt around your head brings to mind the chakras. It's wild, I'm sorry it's a rough experience. As a marvel, the feeling was strongest in my first memories. Afterwards, could be reminders. Not that the events or perception reminds me of back then, more so the energy or the moment. I think this feeling comes from on high, a gift.

edit on 13-11-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I think it is some type of pure connection to the Universe

Maybe like basking in a Universal form of light, similar to the light we have in this world, but it is able to be felt with a different type of warmth to the heat we get from the light of the sun

That is probably rhe best way I could think of to describe what I felt. Similar to the warmth of the sun, but replace heat, with with pure love and peace

Don't get me wrong. I agree that if there is such a thing to be known, as God, then this would be it

It was like love free from emotion. If that makes sense. No intention, or happiness, or sadness. Just love and a feeling of being at peace

The thing with my head, when it happened, felt kinda like me a shell, or seedbeing cracked open

Like someone/something was opening my skull, in some other unseen dimension, to look at what was inside. Which felt like some type of radiating version of my brain

This sense/feeling is why I thought it could be linked to a particular birth I saw in the news that happened on the exact same day. It fits with what I felt at the time

It wasn't painful, and I knew that whatever it was loved me, and wasn't trying to hurt me. But it just felt wrong

I told it to stop and to go away. I didn't want the feeling, because it didn't feel right that I should have it, somehow

I don't know why I felt like that. I reasoned it to being that it wasn't fair if I have it, but others don't. But I'm not sure. It just felt wrong

When whatever it was "cracking my head" wouldn't stop and wouldn't go away when I told it to, some part of me got angry

It felt like, good intentions or not, it was no better than any other invisible entity that refuses to listen and does what it wants

So I started punching myself in the head, to force it to go away

Whatever it was, and for wherever reason I felt that way, one thing I know is that it felt like it wasn't my time, when I felt it

That's part of why I think "it" comes in cycles, like the sun. Because although I felt a little sad forcing it to go away, it also felt like it would come back some day

Though, to date, it hasn't

I have felt feelings like it occasionally (sometimes fairly strong), but nothing as pure as that

I had a similar experience with this, though very different, when the Dalai Lama came to visit my home city of Darwin, Australia

This feeling was in the world around us, and wasn't focused on me

I'll post a new thread about this later, as not to go too far off topic of this thread

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Talking about God is nice. Observing him actively at work in the community shaking hands and granting miracles and asserting leadership where it's desperately needed, correcting bad business and explaining good business and opening a Twitter account to answer all the most burning existential quandaries and maybe a hotline for people to call their lost relatives in the hereafter to get some precious reassurance and set up a retirement plan through the divine action agency instead of reading about your pedophile priest in the news and wondering if it's all a crock...THAT would be fantastic.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Amen

It's a difficult subject for me too. Because those officially involved in 'God's business' have failed, fail, keep on failing, at least those that stand out.
There's also the issue with 'the book' where people try to find answers in.
And no satisfying answer why nobody is fixing any of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I view God as a series of systems. Not any super being on a throne with angels tending to him, traditional exoteric mythological religion.

God has an inward and outward system. As Above So Below.

The above is the macrocosm and the below is the microcosm.

We are holograms of God. Though in a state of misdevelopment at this time.

All the aphorisms and teaching from religion are all about these systems of God. The exoteric and esoteric paths do espouse parts of the systems of God through philosophy and metaphysics—the source of religion.

Over the years faiths have fought and murdered arguing over these systems of God. Something I look at as supreme human folly.

To know God’s systems is to know oneself and to know God is to know his systems.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

Please check your U2U's when you have a few minutes, thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Are you talking about the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth? What issue do you have in mind? Countless books could be written...

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Well it's useless, corrupted, in dire need of an update.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm sorry you feel that way, do you think it will always be like this? The Wu-Tang song captures the vibe for me...

Keep searching, keep looking, look within too. I get the impression individuals search for things on the outside when the answers are right under our nose all along.

The scriptures and oral traditions of the faiths around the world hold clues to seeing things more clearly. The living word comes to mind, and speaks through various epochs and even now. Some think of it as the Logos.

The scriptures record the history of individuals in a wide range of circumstances and environments. I think of the divine manifesting through us as individuals making up a larger being, the Universe or Cosmos if you like. The pieces come together better, as you explore and look around. It is a learning process.

The Fools Journey, Hero With A Thousand Faces, and Agrippa's suggestion that mysteries have been concealed in the religions practiced around the world all come to mind when I think about this from a more western background.

The practice of developing a relationship with God is one of the keys to opening up a more piercing vision of what this all means. Cultivating one's conscious, and our spiritual connection to the divine opens up the material to become more interactive. Keeping a journal can be helpful too, it can hint at the music of the spheres or natural harmony that makes up the backdrop for our life on earth.

edit on 14-11-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

edit on 14-11-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I tend to lose my focus. But I'm doing this for nearly 10 years now. I'm pretty confident aside from the reminder to straighten my intentions there's nothing I could learn from you.
If you have something of value to say please do so, but I don't need the condescending name dropping.
If you had figured out what I am interested in I'd know. The whole world would know.
So ...

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm sorry Peeple, it came out wrong. I am not trying to alienate anybody looking to explore this area. I had the tarot in mind, when I mentioned the Fool's Journey.

I am passionate about these sorts of topics, but have exhausted my line of thought for now.

Have a great day!

edit on 14-11-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

In a parallel universe the other you would be right at the end of your nose looking beyond you... with neither of you recognizing your own nose as a wall of preponderance; and all of you two have done is walk circles around each other thinking it's been other things.

Buddhism calls such a thing "The wall"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join