It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to talk about God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I have absolutely zero doubt God exists.

I have had a handful of undisputable answers to my prayers over my time concerning key events.

From a young child coming from a home that is not even remotely Christian i have prayed, never knew why just felt a need to converse.

The standout incident was 2 yrs ago, I asked God to provide guidance on the true Sabbath day, i nailed 7 post it notes to a door frame each one had a day of the week written on it......I prayed for some sort of sign in order to get the Sabbath correct, finished my prayer and went back to watching the TV, roughly 20 minutes or so later the old wall heater beside the door frame let of a almighty bang, this heater never ever made a sound the whole 15 yrs I been in my house, I looked at the time it as exactly 22:22 then I saw it, one post it note had been RIPPED from the nail on the door frame - it was Thursday, ever since I hold my prayer session at 22:22 on a Thursday and no longer work Thursdays.

Research has proven fruitful about the true Sabbath actually falling on Thursday in the Gregorian calendar but even if I found no research that post it note being RIPPED from the nail onto the floor just cannot be explained other than a spiritual answer to my requests.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Once again, this is all based on one's own interpretation, so let's analyze one of yours...

14. The idea of damnation of people to Hell is at least absurd, and possibly blasphemous, due to the presence of God’s Spirit of Life in each of us. See Genesis 1:26-27, 2:7,3:19, Ecclesiastes 12:7.

Think about what you're saying here. While God gave us the "breath of life", that does not mean that his Spirit resides in every one of us. To say that hell is blasphemous because God's Spirit of Life is in each of us would also have to mean that God's Spirit resides in the ones who commit evil, which simply is not true and is impossible.

While we were created in God's "image", that only means that we have physical and spiritual characteristics along with the ability to reason and express free will. It does not mean that we were automatically instilled with God's Spirit.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Once again, this is all based on one's own interpretation, so let's analyze one of yours...

14. The idea of damnation of people to Hell is at least absurd, and possibly blasphemous, due to the presence of God’s Spirit of Life in each of us. See Genesis 1:26-27, 2:7,3:19, Ecclesiastes 12:7.

Think about what you're saying here. While God gave us the "breath of life", that does not mean that his Spirit resides in every one of us. To say that hell is blasphemous because God's Spirit of Life is in each of us would also have to mean that God's Spirit resides in the ones who commit evil, which simply is not true and is impossible.

While we were created in God's "image", that only means that we have physical and spiritual characteristics along with the ability to reason and express free will. It does not mean that we were automatically instilled with God's Spirit.

Except that although we're born with the holy spirit, one must choose to exercise it through sincere belief in Jesus, his sacrifice and the 10 commandments.

If one chooses to ignore said holy spirit and choose unsavoury lifestyle practices then damnation will apply.....but the holy spirit still resides within it's just been overuled/buried deep/not prioritised.

Some might see death bed confessions as a last ditch attempt to re arouse the buried holy spirit seeking that known but unexercised repentance.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   

17. God speaks of ransoming/redeeming ALL from death and the grave – without exception. See Psalm 49:15, Ezekiel 16:55, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 1:10.

There is nothing whatsoever that claims that God redeems ALL from death without exception. While he does plan on refining the ones in which he made the original covenant, that does not include everyone who has ever lived on the earth.

You might want to take a look at the context around some of these verses you posted. Here are a couple...

Romans 6:16-17

16 Don’t you realize that you can choose your own master? You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with acquittal). The one to whom you offer yourself—he will take you and be your master, and you will be his slave. 17 Thank God that though you once chose to be slaves of sin, now you have obeyed with all your heart the teaching to which God has committed you.

Ephesians 1:12

12 God’s purpose in this was that we should praise God and give glory to him for doing these mighty things for us, who were the first to trust in Christ.

13 And because of what Christ did, all you others too, who heard the Good News about how to be saved, and trusted Christ, were marked as belonging to Christ by the Holy Spirit, who long ago had been promised to all of us Christians.

Interpret it how you want, but the context doesn't say what you claim it says.

edit on 31-10-2021 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

While we were given a spirit of life. There is no verse in the bible that says we were born with the Holy Spirit in us. The Holy Spirit (the third person of the Trinity) cleanses our hearts and makes us new in the sight of God after we have consciously accepted Jesus (the second person of the Trinity) as our Lord and Savior. Jesus was born with the Holy Spirit, but that's only because he was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Gods spirit is right here.

But how many stay right here?
Wandering outside of what is actually here......in time in space.

Peeple stated that the love and peace was wordless.

Words create stories about someone in time and space.

When wording stops......there is peace.

Peace cannot be found .... it's here.
Seeking for peace will keep it veiled.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Point 14 is perhaps the least well written of the 23, so let me explain further. Each of us is given the Breath/Spirit of Life at birth. It is one of the Seven Spirits of God. If we are (for the sake of argument) in hell, then to suffer ECT or Eternal Conscious Torment, then we must be alive and conscious. To be alive means to have the Spirit of Life in us. Clear? So by simple logic, God must be in hell if we are. Now do you understand why it is blasphemous?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

17. God speaks of ransoming/redeeming ALL from death and the grave – without exception. See Psalm 49:15, Ezekiel 16:55, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 1:10.

There is nothing whatsoever that claims that God redeems ALL from death without exception. While he does plan on refining the ones in which he made the original covenant, that does not include everyone who has ever lived on the earth.

You might want to take a look at the context around some of these verses you posted. Here are a couple...

Romans 6:16-17

16 Don’t you realize that you can choose your own master? You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with acquittal). The one to whom you offer yourself—he will take you and be your master, and you will be his slave. 17 Thank God that though you once chose to be slaves of sin, now you have obeyed with all your heart the teaching to which God has committed you.

Ephesians 1:12

12 God’s purpose in this was that we should praise God and give glory to him for doing these mighty things for us, who were the first to trust in Christ.

13 And because of what Christ did, all you others too, who heard the Good News about how to be saved, and trusted Christ, were marked as belonging to Christ by the Holy Spirit, who long ago had been promised to all of us Christians.

Interpret it how you want, but the context doesn't say what you claim it says.

From beginning to end, the Bible's context is the salvation of all. The point came in my life when I needed to resolve which afterlife theory was true - damnation, annihilation or the salvation of all. I became a confirmed universalist long before my two-year trek through the text of the KJV was over. I'm guessing that you did not read my whole post or look up all the cited verses.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

From beginning to end, the Bible's context is the salvation of all.

The Bible only states that God desires that all "should" be saved, but doesn't say they "will" be.

2 Peter 3:9 - 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

The point came in my life when I needed to resolve which afterlife theory was true - damnation, annihilation or the salvation of all. I became a confirmed universalist long before my two-year trek through the text of the KJV was over. I'm guessing that you did not read my whole post or look up all the cited verses.

Like I said, your interpretation is by choice, it is not one related to the context of the verses you posted. The verses I posted were the surrounding verses of the ones you tried to use to make your claim.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The Bible only states that God desires that all "should" be saved, but doesn't say they "will" be.

2 Peter 3:9 - 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If God is "not willing" then it will be so. Do you propose that man's puny will can overrule God's Will?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You wanna know what I think about god?

Delusions of Grandeur

There is no rhyme or reason to god, just our own insecurities

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

If God is "not willing" then it will be so. Do you propose that man's puny will can overrule God's Will?

"Not willing" is just another way of saying that it is not God's desire, nor was it his plan for "everyone to perish" from the beginning. We were all given free will for a reason, otherwise, God would have just created us without it in the first place. The angels have free will too. The Bible tells us that a third of them will choose to follow Satan and turn against God as well. They've known God and work as his messengers, yet some still chose to turn against him. There is no logic behind giving everyone free will to choose only to counter what they have chosen.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
First rule of the God of Abraham, is that we don't talk about the God of Abraham. Second rule of the God Abraham, is we don't talk about the God of Abraham.

Since it always watching an waiting to strike, bump us off are high or mountain an bring down Ivory Towers when they are at their most powerful. Plus everyone praying for a good crop harvest, so everyone doesn't starve to death like the last time God got pissed off thay some didn't get circumsised.

Sarcasm aside, you can tell alot about a person when they talk about what they believe.
edit on 31-10-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It always amuses me that people equate God to goodness, and only goodness.

God is within and without you. If you want to see God, look in the mirror. But do not stop there; look everywhere else, in everything...and you will see God.

All things are permitted.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
It was twice now that I felt something where I thought: that must be God! Such loving peace I broke down crying begging for forgiveness, I felt so unworthy to be blessed with this joy.
I really do wish everybody gets to feel it at least once in their life.
Bliss.
For everybody.

Maybe in that instant you felt a connection with god, not realizing that god is nothing but consciousness. And that consciousness is just god experiencing itself. Like an eternal ocean divided into vapour, and that you are like vapour until you die to form a droplet that descends back into the ocean. Is your life a dream, a thought? In the grand scheme of things, nothing more than a fart in the wind.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
On the other hand, "hell" as it is commonly imagined, does not exist. I can document what I say.

Actually hell does exist, and people choose to go to hell by the actions they take. Even science tells us "every action has an equal but opposite reaction." Think of it as Karma.

A lot of people claim to be religious, including Pelosi, Biden etc, but in reality they are going against the mandates of Elohim/God. Abortion has murdered millions of the most innocent human beings. Too many people are like these hypocrites Pelosi, Biden, etc.

Abortion for any reason is imo the worst aberration and sin which too many people think it's okay.

What do you think the "every action has an equal but opposite reaction" means for the murder of millions of the most innocent humans?

edit on 31-10-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Kamma is not that

Intention is what kamma is, intention of mind, intention of body, intention of speech.

If a good deed for oneself or another takes way more time to accomplish than an evil deed against self and or other? Then you know you are going the wrong way as kamma goes... towards oneself and others.

So why say good or bad? Whether the intention is good or bad life begets or gives birth to other life out of the elements... there are easy births and difficult births.

The great mother will keep birthing you through all the heavens and hell's to infinity not concerned about your ignorance from all the pain you cause her as a direct effect.

As soon as you kamma turns and starts putting her in better conditions she can stop birthing in pain and misery... however equanimity helps all mothers attachment to form? Ewww I dont want a blanketey blank as my mother! Ignorance well thats what ya got for saying it being disgusted by it and dont even knowing it.

Worry is the worst thing for a mother not knowing where you are if she or someone else needs to give birth to you so that you are not lost to the world. Or cast into darkness as some call it...

Love sets her free... dont worry people and wombs you dont know are happy too they dont suffer and dont want you suffering either. Eventually that birth will end and then self emanation and that means no mother or womb will suffer from you ever again... problem is people expect you to then teach the unteachable as if it is an unfinished chore you can pick up for them and it isn't.

Pointing to that chore that dream they forgot off chasing dragon monkey hippos from nova 2324blarg or whatever is the best one can do... that gets tedious as it is even more bondage... they know what they intended to do and left it... and who hasn''t ever done such a thing?

Intention(s) yeah kamma it paves ways into heaven and hells for a reason sometimes you have to go back and forth between them until the tak(s) are accomplished that all those wombs have given birth too. Asking the "goddess Kali or Vishnu to destroy those temples you are not going back to with you in it or them is a good thing.

The pain and suffering you receive is the reward so learn a state of grace and dont complain about it... to help exhaust past intention or lost cause(s) kamma... there other "saints" etc of traditions that will do it too if those arent answering.

It takes all five elements to grow one seed someone intentionally planting seeds where they don't belong cant be helped sometimes in the concept of congregation and organization... as a hermit all of them are that way planting where they dont belong due to attachment.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Will the doctors that do abortions go to hell as well?
What about the fathers that demand the abortion?

Or is it just the woman?

edit on 1-11-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Or what about innocent people being born with horrible defects?

Is god going to hell for that?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

"I have absolutely zero doubt God exists."

When we finally realize that we are the root of a tree that people label God then the labels of "self" and "God" become nonsensible. This is why Jesus said "I and the Father are one.”. Our spiritual nature does not witness seperation. Its only in conciousness that "self" and "God" exists. So I urge you to consider that living in evil is living in conciousness. That to be truly born again, one must relinquish all attachments to the false egotistical self.

Our spiritual self has not the logic of the brain. It radiates love and empathy for all. By residing in that love it corrects our brain so both eyes become one. Its working its magic on peeple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join