It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sky Stones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I wasn't sure where to start this thread because i wouldn't say that it proves the existence of "aliens" but i thought it was an interesting idea to consider...

Long story short... these Rocks were bought in Africa some time in the early 90's. They were brought to a university to examine and do some testing on... turns out they're made of 77% oxygen along with a few other things... and they were not made on this planet! Or at least not made by any natural process that happens here...

in 1990, Italian geologist Angelo Pitoni purchased strange blue stones from a Fula Chief in Sierra Leone in West Africa. The tribe claimed the rocks came from e̳x̳t̳r̳a̳t̳e̳r̳r̳e̳s̳t̳r̳i̳a̳l̳ visitors from the sky.

Pitoni returned home to Europe and brought the mysterious rocks to a university for testing.

The results showed the stones didn’t match any known mineral. The researchers couldn’t explain why the rocks retained a blue color. When a small piece was pulverized and viewed under a microscope, there was no blue color visible. Heating the stone to high temperatures would not alter the mineral. Acids would not break it down.

Further analysis showed that 77.17% of the stone was Oxygen. The remaining composition was Carbon, Calcium, and an unknown organic compound. The age of the Sky Stones may be as much as 55,000 years old.

Pitoni certainly existed, seen with his Sky Stones in photographs, but obtaining hard evidence of his life is all but impossible. Online stories could not be more bizarre, suggesting he was decorated with the American Silver Star, somehow involved with the CIA, a secret agent, an explorer in the Amazon jungles, and discoverer of a Mayan city.

Today, the story regains interest because of the History Channel’s “Ancient A̳l̳i̳e̳n̳s” series and another American artist and designer, Jared Collins. In “The Star Gods of Sirius,” Collins appears with a briefcase holding numerous samples of the Sky Stones. Finally, the mystery seems about to end as reputable institutions test the stones.

Collins has tried to obtain a sample of the blue Material ever since he first saw it in 2013 in possession of a gem dealer in Hong Kong. The dealer told a strange story that the stones came from the sky and tested a sample at GRS Swisslabs by Dr. Preeti. After 15 months of waiting for the results, the doctor “couldn’t determine its composition and ended up returning it as unidentifiable.”

I did a little searching... apparently these stones actually exist...

In the article i found someone claimed that the stones came from Sirius B which is decently close at 8.6 light years away from earth...

Sounds like speculation to me but these stones are just beautiful! And one of them is apparently on display in a museum in Switzerland

Not to mention "strong as a diamond"

todaypressworld24.com...

Pretty cool eh

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

They are very interesting. Ancient Aliens had an episode that were talking about these stones once.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Keep up the cool alien threads! This is why I came to ATS!

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Take a look at this sky stone site they even have specimens for sale:

www.theskystonecollection.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Very cool thread!

I`ve never heard of those before and find the story fascinating enough to want to know more. I`ll post any good links I come across.

From the link above it appears these stones where extracted from the ground in Africa.

Skystone was discovered by noted diamond & gem prospector, David Ledbetter; during an excursion into the jungles of Sierra Leone in 1991. It was during a meeting, with then President Joseph Momoh; that David learned of the location of the remote village, and first heard the rumors of the strange blue material found nearby. It took several weeks to reach the village, trekking across the heart of war-torn Sierra Leone. Once located, mining rights were secured, and all known samples of Skystone were extracted and legally exported back to the US. The entire recovery of Skystone has remained in the same private ownership of family and friends since. its discovery. David maintained a close relationship with the village chief until his passing in 2018. Skystone remains an enigma today, with several Universities & Laboratories researching the origins of the mysterious material.

www.theskystonecollection.com...
edit on 28-10-2021 by StratosFear because: Linked

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Could it be from Atlantis ? (Just a thought)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragonn

Interesting!
Fuel for an alien spacecraft??

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Could it be from Atlantis ? (Just a thought)

You mean from the technology of the Ancient gods, of Atlantis? Seeing how many of the native stories describing the "Dog" gods, yep.

During those times Human Beings were treated no different, than farm animals useful for mundane tasks. The Demi gods were somewhat educated and allowed to rule over the "animals". But the animals, not so much.

What has really changed?

Atlantis isn't what everyone has been mislead to believe...

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I think a good guess would be Microline Feldspar (Amazonite). The picture with the stone in the gloved hand looks to me exactly like specimens of Microline Feldspar I've seen and held in my hands.

Your info gives nothing needed for identification and the quoted text seems published for people illiterate on mineral identification. No mention of any of the attributes that should be in any article questioning what it is. It's hard to take it seriously without a link to the exact findings of the university that supposedly tested it.

Another guess would be blue Apatite.

Edited to add: My guess here was wrong after reading the copy of the GIA report.
edit on 10/28/2021 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Theres a pic in the link i provided that has something from "the geological institute of America" IF that helps at all

I don't know man... thought it was pretty neat myself

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The Hopi say that when the four different People were first brought here from Sirius B, each was given a stone for the end of the final cycle... the Great Purification. One stone for each People... Black, White, Yellow, Red. The stone signifying Water was given to the People who would eventually settle Africa. The other three are with the White People (kept in Switzerland) the Red People (First Mesa) and the Yellow People (kept in Tibet).

But that's probably all just a coincidence.

edit on 000000010America/Chicago10pmThu, 28 Oct 2021 19:47:37 -050047 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Boy, do I have a bridge to sell the people who bought that stuff from them, if anyone actually did.

I see the GIA report says inhomogeneous material composed of calcium hydroxide (which is portlandite, rare but findable in it's natural form) and calcium silicate hydrate (a byproduct of portland cement reacting with water). So no mystery there. That's why the report said they can't determine if it's natural or not.

Yeah, the story is nonsense in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I find it interesting also, just discussing what it might be. It's a topic I have an interest in, rocks and minerals that is.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You see the prices for some of those rocks on that site he provided?

$16k for a rock the size of a golf ball...lol

Someone is making a killing regardless of the reality of the stones

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

This thread is very interesting along with the subject. The stones are a interesting topic.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yeah, that caught my eye. IMO it's an interesting way to try and get big money out of what appears to be unusual, but not very valuable rocks.

In my lifetime I've put together two collections that would make a museum envious, sold one, had the other one stolen. I'm far from an expert since it's a hobby, but I'm usually pretty good at sight identification.
edit on 10/28/2021 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I'm going to need to see the test on the stone for myself before I believe it.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I'm going to need to see the test on the stone for myself before I believe it.

Found this…..

IMO….the blue Sky Stone is a new stone discovery. That is to say, like animals yet to be discover, so are stones, etc. Having been formed of materials unknown….well so be it. Catalog the characteristics, enter it into a geological database…..pop a champagne cork, and celebrate the extraordinary find. No doubt, the blue Sky Stone is rarer than the presently already known rare stones. …….it’s like discovery of a new element to add to the periodic chart.

To say unknown, can easily be given a name, and therefore….is now known.

The test results state….”the natural or artificial origin of this material is currently indeterminable”…..well since it was discovered on earth and in Sierra Leone West Africa…..I’m thinking that pretty much is the earthly origin of this earthly produced stone. IMO.

Perhaps, if the opportunity arises, like the tribe chief seeing a way to make $$$ …. The stone coming from extraterrestrials in the sky….would make a great selling point. You have to wonder….if it came from extraterrestrials, why not just drop the stones onto the surface, instead of burying them? Why make it harder on the tribes people to dig for them..

👽😉

edit on 28-10-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Are you perhaps familiar with Joe Sarandros?
He used to talk about something similar, something about these “colored” races. Forgot most of it, had other things on my mind back then. But he had an interesting story to tell. He also claimed to be a direct ascendant of a familiar greek philosopher.

a reply to: Lumenari

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join