It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ganymede: Dead Man's Switch?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I absolutely agree but then we don't know if the military themselves may have put such satellites up there around mars and the moon etc, they have had enough secret military mission's and probably spent far more on there space program than the supposedly public NASA did on the publicity ones, especially the US air force and Navy program's.

There is supposedly a technique used by the US intelligence agency's were they can combine several low resolution images and digitally enhance them to bring out very high levels of detail, I would be very surprised if they had never done this to NASA images or even there own presumably far higher quality ones.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785
The satellites have a digital camera and a modem the relays the info to Earth. They're usually in a standard orbit and only deviate if their mission has changed were they have been reassigned.

It cost absolutely zero money image the entire Arctic as it does half.

Possibly interesting story totally off topic.

I used to use Google Earth, or maybe it was Microsoft's version back in 2000 to scout our area for fishable lakes and ponds.

Around the Hanford area oh, you could plainly see the old decommission Nike missile sites. The gravel roads leading to and from, and a few asphalt roads leading to parking lots complete with curbs and sidewalks but no buildings.

By chance there was an lake there for irrigation drainage. I checked out the area on foot and with a four-wheel drive lots of neat stuff around to investigate.

A couple years later the Google Earth app location came out, and instead of black and white it was now colored oh, but you couldn't make out any roads sidewalks foundations nothing you could in the old pictures.

Whether it was just crap quality color satellite or on purpose I do not know. But the new images were worthless or finding anything but landscape features.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyman65
a reply to: face23785
The satellites have a digital camera and a modem the relays the info to Earth. They're usually in a standard orbit and only deviate if their mission has changed were they have been reassigned.

It cost absolutely zero money image the entire Arctic as it does half.

Assuming its orbit took it over the right area. You couldn't photograph the entire continent with Google Maps "there's my car!" resolution all from one orbital plane. And once they launch them into whatever orbit they want them in, they're more or less stuck in that orbit, notwithstanding minor adjustments. They don't have enough propellant onboard to fly to totally different orbits to photograph different spots on the planet.

A satellite launched into a polar orbit would probably be able to do it, since each time it completed an orbit a different part of the continent would be below it due to the Earth's rotation.

So the question is, have they launched a satellite with the necessary resolution into the proper orbit to digitally photograph that part of the continent?
edit on 27 10 21 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: xconvoyx

Whether it is true or false it is a great read.

If true it would not surprise me because I have long been of the opinion that there were previous civilizations some far in advance of our own and by far I mean able to travel to other star systems which may have been there downfall.

I also believe we are not alone on this planet and that there is an elite whom know the true facts about all of this.

There are several vested group's whom would want to hide the facts IF this were real.

Military, think of the advanced technology they could pervert into weapon systems and use to control people, the weapon systems may indeed be a necessity IF such a previous civilization (and not just an alien object) had created this IF it were real and they would and do off people that are inconvenient, they also fear the idea of OTHER national military's gaining the technology's before themselves.

Elite shadowy group whom while often at war with one another are also wanting to keep the rest of humanity down since if humanity gains too much knowledge and freedom they believe they will then be no longer in control and for them power is everything to the point that a too numerous population has them now wanting to cull the human race - they are not the corporations those are just shell company's they mostly own and control and there interests diverge from financial profit when it is a choice between maintaining there power or making greater profit.

In truth I believe there are many relic's around the solar system that hint at - like in a very big way - a superior civilization once having existed and then somehow having been almost completely scrubbed from existence OR having existed so long ago that on worlds like the earth were we have geological and weather erosion and other destructive forced almost every indication of them having existed being erased by time.

But put my theory away and this remains a what if, it's cool but without evidence to back it up we will have to ponder it as a nice change from the political scene that has taken over the site.

Yes, my opinion too. Some ancient earth civilization , possibly humans, that left the planet and ventured out into the solar system and beyond . Who knows, the greys may be them(us?) after taking dna altering too far, or perhaps natural adaption to new planets

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have no (valid) opinion on the OP story and lack the knowledge to study the alleged "video" intelligently.

However, the story's content is plausible as anything about "aliens" or solar system history is tippy top secret and there have been credible reports of threats and more than plausible cases of murder by the gov't or factions therein to suppress such info.

Also, there is Vallee's report that a satellite was discovered in Earth orbit before any known modern satellites were launched- the original "Black Knight" (and not the photo of a loose cover commonly held up as proof that it's all hooey). If that was suppressed, and it was, then that opens a lot of uncomfortable ideas about our lack of knowledge compared to "need to know" staff.

That, coupled with the obvious structures spotted on the Moon and Mars make this unlikely... but not impossible. But heck, I'm a constipated Thorist.
edit on 10/27/2021 by Baddogma because: errant "o"

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Puts me in mind of a story by Vonnegut, ''The Sirens of Titan''.

Radio emission and subsequent development of investigation from Earth
Ancient ship found in ice of Titan and subsequent investigation.
A hatch is discovered and upon opening the ship come back on line

Ships computer claims ship is millions of years old when a ''wangfoodle'' wears out and needs replacement
Ship finds the third planet is suitable for evolution of complex life and instigates a probe of that planet which saturates the planet with bio-organisms that over millions of years will evolve into a species capable of high tech and space flight.

The earthlings ask the ship if they can help. Ship says you already have. In your propulsion system you have ''part ''5xcp3o'' and it's backup copy in storage.

They take the backup part, replace the broken ''wangfoodle'', the ship fires up it's engines and flies away leaving the earthlings to ponder the true nature of their existence.

Excellent memory and I would agree it seems awfully close. So, what did Vonnegut really know and when did he know it? Too much of what I thought we knew about big things are turning out to be lies. Things that we need to trust a source on are without trustworthiness anymore.

I don't give up on the concept of science. No, only on the concept of State controlled science. Arthur C Clarke said right before we lost him that there is big life on Mars not just microbes.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I starting to think mankind is in trouble

Been pondering the purpose of all the species on the planet and only one conclusion

Everything that's alive basically has a job to do for the planet along with being organic matter recyclers.. Beavers dam rivers etc...

Our soul purpose as Humans was to tend to the planet after all it offers us everything we need without any modification.

Well we blew it and now have to answer for it and it seems soon to come .

This pretty much encapsulates the Biblical narrative, from the creation and the Garden (Genesis 1&2) through the fall (Genesis 3) save the general degradation of mankind because of pride and disobedience (Genesis 4 through 11). You just forgot the last part: the Creator's plan for complete redemption of His creation and the obliteration of entropy (the remainder of the Bible).

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   

As far as sci-fi goes this is enjoyable.

As something proclaiming to be factual and true...

On the 6th day of the 6th month it emitted a signal for.... 6 seconds.

How nefarious!

Our stoic hero, a cia subcontractor with a hahahaha, conscience, plans to blow the lid on this coverup because they killed Kenny, or Walter, and he was a good guy who only wanted to assist hiding the truth from the public and was probably a few weeks away from a fat pension and cocktails in Boca Raton. Those basturds!

Instead of naming and exposing anyone, he soldiers on only leaking photos that would give a triple A gaming company a run for it's money... in 1996.

Whoever those bastards are, thank you Mr Secret Subcontract Agent Man for respecting their privacy, thereby making even the janitors at NASA possible suspects.

You might be dead now, but at least we have some crummy pics.

If CNN is not covering this story, we know it's being surpressed.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Whether it is true or false it is a great read.

If true it would not surprise me because I have long been of the opinion that there were previous civilizations some far in advance of our own and by far I mean able to travel to other star systems which may have been there downfall.

I also believe we are not alone on this planet and that there is an elite whom know the true facts about all of this.

There are several vested group's whom would want to hide the facts IF this were real.

Military, think of the advanced technology they could pervert into weapon systems and use to control people, the weapon systems may indeed be a necessity IF such a previous civilization (and not just an alien object) had created this IF it were real and they would and do off people that are inconvenient, they also fear the idea of OTHER national military's gaining the technology's before themselves.

Elite shadowy group whom while often at war with one another are also wanting to keep the rest of humanity down since if humanity gains too much knowledge and freedom they believe they will then be no longer in control and for them power is everything to the point that a too numerous population has them now wanting to cull the human race - they are not the corporations those are just shell company's they mostly own and control and there interests diverge from financial profit when it is a choice between maintaining there power or making greater profit.

In truth I believe there are many relic's around the solar system that hint at - like in a very big way - a superior civilization once having existed and then somehow having been almost completely scrubbed from existence OR having existed so long ago that on worlds like the earth were we have geological and weather erosion and other destructive forced almost every indication of them having existed being erased by time.

But put my theory away and this remains a what if, it's cool but without evidence to back it up we will have to ponder it as a nice change from the political scene that has taken over the site.

Agree!

As a small kid I always had this reoccurring dream that I was on another planet. I could always see other planet like objects in the atmosphere. As I've gotten older those are really the only details I remember but it leads me to believe that I was on what we classify as a moon of sorts...maybe a previous life? So this kind of stuff always fascinates me.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The dark 'object' seems to be pixelated differently and overlaid on a different resolution background.

I'd guess this is fake.

Sad, 'cause it's a cool story, even though a bit 'Q' ish, and I'd like to imagine there's a "Red Purple/Green Dwarf" ship floating dead in space.

edit on 28/10/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyman65

Odds are there is still something there, perhaps below ground and given that even if there is not that it is still probably listed as an area owned by the US military they probably blocked it out, they even have more and more advanced techniques so that by the time the public see something it has been obscured in such a way that you would never even know that it had been obscured, the air brush monkeys of the NASA days no longer do the job of censoring by hand and it is mostly done automatically as well, but remember the likes of Google which of course has very close ties to the US intelligence community and also censors images of areas for other nations also has a list of areas that it is not to show the public but if they paint just a blacked out or whited out area people become more interested in that area so instead they blur it or now perhaps they interpolate an image over it that hides what is actually there completely like cut and past for the computer age.

Even the supposed image of the face on mars that has been used to debunk it was smoothed using a computer program and normalized three times before it was released so obscuring most of the detail in that supposedly clearer image than the older photos.

There are sites if you have the patience were you can search for old satellite images which are often far more honest though remember these were released to the public so anything the powers that be did not want released was probably not ever released.
eos.com...
www.ospo.noaa.gov...
www.planet.com...
landsat.visibleearth.nasa.gov...

Some are locked behind a credential wall, other sites require payment often those ones just duplicate images that are freely available elsewhere.

But mostly the data if it had anything explosive has already been censored or at the time if not was thought to not be of enough importance to hide it from the public and potential foreign powers (that may be lazy enough to use publicly available and far inferior to spy satellite image pictures or simply not have there own satellites?).

I would love to see a full archive of the cold war images that both sides took of one another though as I suspect they showed a lot more than just government sites and airplane graveyards.

One other thing to remember is that when the censor images it is to prevent the accidental release of images of sites from there OWN satellites so mostly it is to hide them from there OWN public rather than from enemy nations as I said earlier since they have of course NO control over the enemy's satellites and the images those capture.

What you then have to ask yourself is what is the US hiding from it's own people and why have so many sites become off limits to the US population, if it is not to defend against an enemy power then what and of course why?.

edit on 28-10-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I don't get it. I mean, what's the strange thing about? Planets with strong magnetic fields all radiate all kind of signals. In this particular case the FM emission is caused by cyclotron maser instability. It's just physics at work.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
To be truthful, I read somewhere that NASA does not have any say on any images that are held back or put out. Something in the back of my mind tells me that JPL has first goes at the images, not actually NASA itself. Even though JPL is funded by NASA.
Probably someone on ATS can bring some light on it.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I did not even spot that "coincidence" of 6th month, 6 day for 6 seconds

how devilish

a reply to: chr0naut

its red dwarf for smegs sake, lol

edit on 000000p3112America/Chicago10282021410 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Fake graphics for the sake of sensation.

Hail Satan.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Now this is why one of the reasons I joined ATS!!! Nice !!!! Good job!!a reply to: xconvoyx

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Now, this is very interesting, two years ago I watched this science clip from a science website that showed various clips and researches that they did on Enceladus geysers, and miraculously this image appears between all those clips.
I stopped the video screen grabbed this image to my computer.

First I thought it might be a CG image implemented into this video just for representation, but now seeing this I'm almost positive it to be real.

original image

Enhanced closeup

I'm sitting on this image for almost two years yeay

Does it sure have some resemblance?

Thanks, OP you made my day

edit on 0b49America/ChicagoThu, 28 Oct 2021 13:21:49 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 28 Oct 2021 13:21:49 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A 'Deadman's switch' is in Clans of the Alphane Moon by Phillip K. Dick.
edit on 29-10-2021 by Dionysaur because: itallisize not ok

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Would make sense to station one on Enceladus as well. reply to: 0bserver1

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Very Cool!

**Marking for later reading, research and follow up**

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join