It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Fran says Bye Bye to Walgreens Didn’t we see this coming?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Walgreens will close five more of its San Francisco locations due to rampant shoplifting and "organized retail crime," a Walgreens spokesperson told SFGate on Tuesday. "Organized retail crime continues to be a challenge facing retailers across San Francisco, and we are not immune to that," Walgreens spokesperson Phil Caruso said. "Retail theft across our San Francisco stores has continued to increase in the past few months to five times our chain average."

I don’t know what zombies are running San Francisco but you reap what you sow. When there are zero stores left can any of us feel sorry for them? Residents are crying that this will be inconvenient for old people. Crime is inconvenient for everyone.
Allowing crime, even petty crime is stupid. I know what the future will look like. It’s going to look like huge gated communities with stores INSIDE of those communities. People outside, well good luck to you.
edit on 12-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Here is all that need be said;
sfmayor.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Allowing crime, even petty crime is stupid. I know what the future will look like. It’s going to look like huge gated communities with stores INSIDE of those communities. People outside, well good luck to you.

With moats ?
Drawbridges ?
Guard towers ?
Barbed wire ?
Machine gun emplacements ?

I Like It !!

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

With moats ?
Drawbridges ?
Guard towers ?
Barbed wire ?

I Like It !!

And sharks in the moats... with lasers...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

archinect.com...

"As state institutions flounder, estate living has gone on to offer attached private schools and clinics," Lynsey Chutel writes for Quartz Africa. "Privatized amenities in gated communities mean citizens don’t have to hold the city accountable, which is a shame because these are the citizens who often have the power to pressure the city to do better."

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I don’t know what zombies are running San Francisco but you reap what you sow.

They realized that unleashing a virus didn’t produce nearly as exponential results as all of us killing each other would.

They are trying to turn us into zombies, is more accurate.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

This is actually a good deal Walgreens' own fault, my mother used to work for them for a long-ass time and had many gripes about the theft policy. And so did her manager, to be blunt. It's not a store-by-store pick & choose implementation of crap, it's all corporate edicts of what not to do and you don't get any choice in the matter of how to implement anything.

Basically, as far back as I can remember those conversations between them, no employee was allowed to stop jack, because it was too much of a liability risk. And that was back in the early Aughts. So all the way back in the early 2000's (if not further back) Walgreens saw fit to let stuff walk out the door unabated, because the employees weren't worth the potential legal & medical bills & related efforts afterward. In other words, theft has always been cheaper.

Difference between back then, and today, is NOW that policy is running them too deep into the red (wonder where their blindsided price hikes came from? Now you know what you're covering with that strangely expensive store branded item)
edit on 10/12/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   

archinect.com...

"As state institutions flounder, estate living has gone on to offer attached private schools and clinics," Lynsey Chutel writes for Quartz Africa. "Privatized amenities in gated communities mean citizens don’t have to hold the city accountable, which is a shame because these are the citizens who often have the power to pressure the city to do better."

I was trying to lighten up.

But you are quite right, it is already happening, pretty sad.
More signs of the breakdown of society.

Soon, those gated communities will be called "racist"...

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Soon, those gated communities will be called "racist"...

Oh they already call them that, but the people inside don’t care.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Are you looking forward to the days when you can go and hunt those outside the gated communities for sport? Or do you think it will be more entertaining to make them fight each other?
edit on 13-10-2021 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Somebody better call snake pliskin, escape from LA is going live.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think I remember Klause Schwab or Bill Gates or both, talking about TransHumanism, where everyone will be microchipped. One will walk into a store and immediately that store will know who that person is and what their vital signs are. The shopper can pick up whatever they want and walk out as their digitalized account will deduct the cost of their purchase. So essentially, this could be the lead up to convincing the populace that this will be a good thing. Social credit score and all that.

The following link is from July 2016. It is not THE source of my information but I’ve read SO much in the past two years that it could have pulled from other articles.

www.freecodecamp.org...

areply to: JAGStorm

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Those are also the same citizens who feel like they're doing the "right" thing when they vote for the people like Chesa Boudin who announce their office won't prosecute anyone for theft less than a certain dollar amount in value which is, of course, what has set up the current situation. The thieves know exactly how much they can walk off with before they're having to do time for it, and they do.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It's sad that there is so much crime, but does anyone really care if a massive chain closes down?

I dont, I see it as a good thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
It's sad that there is so much crime, but does anyone really care if a massive chain closes down?

yeah, more people loosing jobs, what a nice thing

let's go brandon

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Its probably only 30 jobs per store and the dislocated worker program will help them get back on their feet if they even want to work.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

let's go brandon

Hopefully more small businesses will open, taking up those unemployed.

A nice thing for sure.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
In response to the gated community reaction (ie. self contained private communities).

It's no different than the facilities set up by famous people like Al Capone and Adolf Hitler. Hitler's hideouts were more elaborate than Capone's and more like the gated communities being described. Of course, Al didn't hide guard towers or the fact he had armed henchmen at his more secure places. Plus he wasn't too concerned about needing a bunker, at least I don't think he had any.

I agree with the idea that these people in these current gated communities could influence the local government into dealing with the crime issues, but they either think it's a waste of time and money at this point or they are part of the underlying agenda.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

With moats ?
Drawbridges ?
Guard towers ?
Barbed wire ?

I Like It !!

Think hunger games where they have all the tech at their disposal and we will only have our wits.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

let's go brandon

Hopefully more small businesses will open, taking up those unemployed.

A nice thing for sure.

Hopefully. I do believe the small business setting has been targeted for hard times by the puppet masters who are pulling Obiden's strings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join