It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bans gas generators….adjust plans accordingly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Maybe a bright spot is gas prices will be less for the rest of the country due to the lesser demand and no supply needed for CA. Even with all of California's inherent beauty from nature and nice weather I don't see why people continue to live there.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy
I 100% agree…it is a baby step toward banning them outright. The “unauthorized” market for gas powered equipment will be booming!

Surely you could just drive to another state to buy gas powered equipment. Or would it be considered smuggling of illegal contraband back into the state? Lmao...

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Yeah, cuz chainsaws work great on batteries.

🙄

Especially considering their power grid problems there. As BG wrote, Insanity.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
California’s Air is nitrous oxide!

How does one recycle batteries? My understanding is that once the battery cells die and can no longer be recharged, they are useless. So are new e-dumps going to be created?!?

Don’t they need freshwater to make all the microchips in electronics? So better fresh water go to microchips and humans left to drink what, fracked water?!?

originally posted by: Buvvy

Source - www.yahoo.com...

California is banning all small gas powered engines….mowers, leaf blowers, and generators. The area has an unreliable power grid….but they are banning gas powered backup generators. What could go wrong? 😑.

Just pointing out that arguments can be made for propane being a cleaner energy source than electricity (battery operated equipment). The CA ban seems to ban propane generators as well because they don’t qualify as zero emissions. “ Propane is Cleaner - Propane has the lowest carbon content of any fossil fuel, so using propane minimizes carbon monoxide, hydrocarbon, and greenhouse gas emissions. Compared to electricity, which is ultimately powered by coal or nuclear power, propane is a much cleaner energy source.” Source www.amerigas.com...

edit on 11-10-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: Rushing to add my two cents to the till!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This should not surprise anyone. Douchebag Newsom and the rest of the imbeciles running that state are the lowest candidates in the gene pool.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
"Stupid is as stupid does"

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
putting the environment ahead of human welfare

all the prog elites that never get their hands dirty will congratulate themselves on their green-ness, not knowing or caring on the effect on working class people.

hm, I wonder how many of them have backup (propane) generator systems in their homes?

Cali's electric grid just became that much bigger a target for terrorists.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'd ignore the ban. Buy stuff out of state.

No gas-powered generators? They have their heads up their a--es.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UnRepentantHarlequin

Recycling Lithium batteries is a marketing myth. They literally confuse recycling with reusing. Finding uses for bad cells is not eliminating the waste, it is just deferring. Here’s how Lithium batteries are recycled.

Dig a hole
Place in hole
Pray it doesn’t leak

There is another method.

Ship to third world country through waste management company
Forget it ever happened

California is taking steps to decivilize.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You go, California!

Now's the time to get me a Bad Boy zero-turn lawn mower with 200 hp, an enclosed cab with A/C, and a cupholder! Seeing as they won't be sold in California, that means lower prices everywhere else.

On the downside, that means less lumber coming out of California, though... no chainsaws. Eh, how to fix, how to fix... I know! Can we ban lumber sales to California?

They can build with recycled batteries (see the post above by DINSTARR).

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Why not just ban internal combustion engines? that would clean the air right up. Everyone who works in LA lives in LA, so there should be no issues getting around. Plus they have bikes and junk. It would sure clean up the I5 traffic too. This is a win, win.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

A lot of states, California included just elect the same people over and over again. In California there is Pelosi and Feinstein and they have both been in office for over 30 years. I am sure there are more members of California politics that have been in office a long time. It is funny. Voters complain about what politicians are doing.... then elect the same ones over and over again.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Why not just ban internal combustion engines?

They did, I think it's 2035 or right around there.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Successful companies employ illegals using black market equipment.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Everyone knows there are no trees left in Cali. The wildfires saw to that.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why comply with communist dictates?
California.

Land of the docile, home of the weak.

Put your foot down and stand your ground!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't have the need for a lawnmower nor generator in my high rise apartment in San Francisco; so I really don't see what the big deal is.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
You beat me to it. How can a lumberjack work in the middle of a forest. For the World not just US. ANY and I mean any car that does not do 40 miles to the gallon automatically scrap it. And that includes limos and Chelsea tractors (that's big 4 by 4s to you Americans).

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well this isn't tyrannical at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Laws made for and by people that could likely not change a spark plug, swap out their motor oil or operate any of these pieces of equipment to save their lives.

"What's a chainsaw?" I'm sure more than 1 CA congressional critter is wondering.

The disconnect between law makers/those in charge and the people that actually. you know, do the stuff the country needs (gather resources for lumber, maintain and trim vegetation along roads and power corridors, any activity of interest needing to be done outside suburbia) is Grand Cannon-esque. It's like Elois and Morlocks kind of relationship.

"Wait, why would road crews for cutting back brush on roads be needed? I thought the plan was to replace them with robots from China"?

This is all being done, ALL of it, to kneel and pray at the alter of the new Green Everything religion. The problem being the charlatans running the Green Everything are not pushing this agenda to save baby seals and give free puppy dogs to the kids.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join