It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bans gas generators….adjust plans accordingly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
“ The new law will ban the sale of all off-road, gas-powered engines, including generators, lawn equipment, pressure washers, chainsaws, weed trimmers, and even golf carts. Under the new law, these machines must be zero-emissions, meaning they will have to be either battery-powered or plug-in, according to the Los Angeles Times.”

Source - www.yahoo.com...

California is banning all small gas powered engines….mowers, leaf blowers, and generators. The area has an unreliable power grid….but they are banning gas powered backup generators. What could go wrong? 😑. If there is ever a solar flare or EMP and the entire state of California is dependent on electricity or battery based power backups they will be up the creek. If this isn’t the definition of putting all of your eggs in one basket I don’t know what it. Not to mention the financial impact it will have on all of the small independent lawn mowing and landscaping businesses.

Just pointing out that arguments can be made for propane being a cleaner energy source than electricity (battery operated equipment). The CA ban seems to ban propane generators as well because they don’t qualify as zero emissions. “ Propane is Cleaner - Propane has the lowest carbon content of any fossil fuel, so using propane minimizes carbon monoxide, hydrocarbon, and greenhouse gas emissions. Compared to electricity, which is ultimately powered by coal or nuclear power, propane is a much cleaner energy source.” Source www.amerigas.com...

edit on 11-10-2021 by Buvvy because: Adding quote

edit on 11-10-2021 by Buvvy because: Adding info on a cleaner option than battery operated equipment.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Insanity.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I am not in the US but that is utterly ridiculous, it will basically put thousands of small business owners, builders, gardener's and handymen out of business.

If they want zero emissions then why not change to plant based alternatives to fossil fuel, alcohol based fuels for engines etc, they still output carbon but that carbon is part of a closed cycle going back into the plants that are turned into the fuel used in the machines.

It's all a scam anyway but either way whomever is pushing this law is not in touch with reality and actual peoples lives, if they have any sense they will vote these good for nothing's out at your next election unless they are utterly brainwashed or the election is rigged.

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It's a good thing California isn't susceptible to natural disasters that could knock out the power like earthquakes or anything.

Cause that would be dumb.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

California's budget includes $30 million to help professional landscapers and gardeners quit using gas-powered equipment, but even then, the budget is still not capable of bearing the full financial burden.
The National Association of Landscape Professionals also noted how zero-emission commercial equipment is both more expensive and less efficient than gas-powered equipment. A gas-powered riding lawn mower costs between $7,000-$11,000 while the zero-emissions version costs more than twice that amount, according to the outlet.

California sucks. I wonder how people that use small gas powered equipment every day for work are going to cope with this. I would've moved out of commyfornia a long time ago. Construction companies use generators all the time when constructing buildings, how the hell are they supposed to run their electric tools to build buildings when there is no electricity available?

To anyone reading this that lives in California I have a question for you. Why do you not move out of California?

ETA:

LMFAO 30 million to subsidize those that lose machines and whatnot. That's a freaking drop in a swimming pool, jeezus they are stupid.
edit on 10/11/2021 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ban cars trailers and tractors too, Stupid morons!

I only ask that you ban moving out of Cali, don't want your stupidity to infect the other states

edit on 11-10-2021 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's a good thing California isn't susceptible to natural disasters that could knock out the power like earthquakes or anything.

Rolling blackouts happen quite a bit more often. Sorry if you are on home dialysis or anything medical related. Just die already.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
Ban cars trailers and tractors too, Stupid morons!

I only ask that you ban moving out of Cali, don't want your stupidity to infect the other states

They're all flooding into Texas. Goodbye Texas.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: watchitburn

Rolling blackouts happen quite a bit more often. Sorry if you are on home dialysis or anything medical related. Just die already.

"Oh, whoops, we didn't think about that."

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

This just cracks me up!

"We will OWN you, and we will CONTROL you, somehow, some way, but we WILL!"

FU Kalifornia!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Own it Californians.

To all my Conservative kin folks, get out while you can and come to Texas.

Leave those leftist views, ideals, come to live with us! Those with a strong belief in rule, law, logic and reasoning.

Come home to Normalcy.
edit on 11-10-2021 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

They don't care as their intent is to destroy the global economy.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

How is this even legal? Now the state is telling us which commonly used appliances we can own. Will they now mandate that everyone MUST own an iPhone? A TV? Nose hair trimmers? FFS…

This is what happens when the government gets away with telling you you MUST buy a certain product —healthcare— from certain pre-approved companies or face a fine.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtcrime
How is this even legal? Now the state is telling us which commonly used appliances we can own.

From how I'm reading this it's a ban on sales of new products, existing ones are still legal. I suspect this will create a sub-culture of small engine repairs and part manufacturing.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Baby steps. Commiefornia's getting rid of gas-burning everything as quickly as they can get away with it.

Anything to shut down the economy is fair game.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
CA should just nuke itself and get it over with quick.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I 100% agree…it is a baby step toward banning them outright.

The “unauthorized” market for gas powered equipment will be booming!

So if you own a landscaping company or building company and you work on the eastern boarder of California (for example the Lake Tahoe area). You most likely cross over the state line multiple times a day. What is to keep you from bringing truckloads of gas powered equipment into the state for under the table sales?

As a result of this perceived violation of the newly enacted California law the state will create a manufactured “crisis” and enact additional laws to regulate not only the purchase but also the use of the gas powered equipment.

I can also see the wealthier subdivisions controlled by virtue signaling HOAs only contracting with companies who use the “greener” and “quieter” battery operated options. People (regardless of financial class) who don’t live in an HOA will most likely continue to use the most affordable option.

edit on 11-10-2021 by Buvvy because: Ugh!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
A lot of gas powered generators are used on job sites where new construction is involved and no grid based power source is available. They are also used on existing job sites where the power is out for electrical maintenance and repairs.
The gas engine repair outfits will only be tolerated for so long before they are outlawed... for making the engines continue to run.
These people are nuts.
Nuts for perennially electing the nut cases that they have in government.
Nuts for continuing to live in a state chock full of nut cases.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Imagine what the future will look like by 2050 as they do everything possible to achieve net zero emissions... all electric cars that wont let you drive any faster than the GPS speed limit. That's if they even let us drive cars rather than give complete control to AI's. Sounds like such a wonderful and fantastic vision where everything is perfect and we have achieved a utopia. So say the smartest people on the planet.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Bet the government is exempt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join