It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tested positive for Covid again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

AFAIK antibodies against airborne viruses are reduced to zero after a year, which is why people catch colds and flu every year. This is true even if airborne viruses do not mutate. The less the danger, the shorter lived are antibodies. Measles and polio and smallpox antibodies last decades because these are serious stuffs. Airborne viruses are not serious.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Grenade
So, as anyone who follows this board will know i'm against vaccine mandates, early in the pandemic i tested positive for covid and had little to no symptoms, i have to assume it was the 'wild type'.

However, I'd like to share my experience having contracted whatever strain is currently ravaging my body.

On Thursday i experienced ear ache and a strange acidic taste at the back of my throat, thought nothing of it. Friday morning woke up with a headache like you wouldn't believe and a runny nose. Since Friday i've deteriorated rapidly, full blown nasty fever, as i type this the shivers are running up my spine with every click of the keyboard. My lung as aching, my heavy cough has left my throat in pieces and i have to say this is the worst virus i've ever had.

If the tests are accurate then whatever i was infected with last year is not the same strain or virus. I'll be honest i'm feeling like death.

I took a test this morning which came back positive for covid. Still, hopefully my immune system kicks in to gear and renders future encounters less severe.

If you never see me again you know my stubborn nature and lack of faith in medical care systems came back to haunt me.

It appears Covid is no joke!

Yet, i still don't believe tyranny or vaccine mandates are any kind of cure or treatment.

You chose to reject the vaccine and now you're sick. Your sense of good policy or decision making has lost credibility.

Get better soon.

...speaking of losing credibility....

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Garle 3X daily with Scope and sanitize your nasal passages 3X daily with diluted povidone iodine:

It sounds like you already have it in your lungs but this may prevent more of the virus from traveling there to replicate.

Feel better soon!

(Also, my adult daughter is fully vaxxed and tested positive yesterday. She feels like crap, too.)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theBlatantRebel

AFAIK antibodies against airborne viruses are reduced to zero after a year, which is why people catch colds and flu every year. This is true even if airborne viruses do not mutate. The less the danger, the shorter lived are antibodies. Measles and polio and smallpox antibodies last decades because these are serious stuffs. Airborne viruses are not serious.

It's less than a year. 3-6 months or so.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   

This is what we (the doomsayers in the know on ATS) are worried about.

Get well soon.
And God save us.

How long inbetween the 1st and the 2nd time?
Because I'm awaiting the 2nd infection too.

Did you get long CoVid effects from the first time?
I had symptoms for about 8-10 months.

My last infection was quite heavy, my next infection should either send me to hospital or worse...

Get well soon,

Sam

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't get it. I had influenza 25-30 years back. I was physically at my peak and that flu floored me. No way on earth could i have typed anything about what I was experiencing on the internet. I was in bed very ill indeed.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Please avoid tylenol and make yourself a nice bowl of chicken soup or bone broth. Both will be helpful. I survived Covid back in March and it worked for me.

Soup saved you from Covid?. Are you sure it was covid and not the munchies you had?.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

OMG STOP WHAT? TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING.

Wasn't responding to you so run along.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Sounds like you had the regular covid strain first time around and now you have the Delta strain.
I hope you make it through this

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'll have to double check it's still the recommended method but in the early days and up to June this year the dr/hospital advice was lying on your stomach rather than back to rest/sleep makes breathing a lot easier and boosts 02 levels.

There's a vid of this ICU Dr demonstrating the breathing technique and explaining the theory behind it in this BBC article: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion
Thank you for that link, appreciated.
I too am at the tail end (I hope) of a second bout of infection. I had C19 Middle of last year, confirmed by antibody and T&B cell test beginning of March this year. So almost 12 months later.
Two weeks ago it started with pressure headache, then chills (few days) but worse has been the lethargy and feeling nauseous and mucous in my sinuses and on lungs. I thought I had it beat last Monday, but no, back it came.
All I've done is taken Ibuprofen and paracetamol for headache, pains and chills along with using Essential Oils in the first week. Second week, taken absolutely nothing until Friday where I started taking zinc and magnesium combo and a different blend of EO's. Feeling much better, but still have a bit of a mucous problem, so will be trying your link out as I have a tendency to sleep on my back

@Grenade, wishing you a full recovery, but give it time and be kind to yourself.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Let us know what happens in a couple days time... and good luck beating it.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I got it too about a month ago. I ended up being admitted to the hospital because my oxygen levels were too low and I had pneumonia and could barely talk. They hooked me up to a thing to measure it and told me to walk back and forth around the bed. I took a couple steps and it went down to 84%. They admitted me and gave me remdesivir, which helped.
As far as I recall it was the sickest I've ever been (from a virus). My lungs are still not 100% back to normal. Covid is definitely not a joke. I'm not saying people should or should not get vaccinated (I didn't), but don't underestimate Covid. I'm 33 and relatively healthy and it kicked my ass for a while.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yes, soup is good for you when sick, you add lemon that and you will be feeling better within a few days. When i have gotten nasty colds, i use honey in my tea, which has medicinal properties and so does lemon due to the high amounts of vitamin C in it. When i make chicken soup I put lemon in it, not only does it taste good but it helps you.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   

hydrate and rest. I hope you feel better soon. I think the early calls with no symptoms was just for numbers, not science.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Sounds a nasty one, is the current case confirmed as Covid as there's a really nasty cold sweeping the UK that has all the symptoms of a mild-moderate covid case but tests negative on various covid tests (a umber of local carers have had it).

Natural yoghurt is great for nausea, it's easy to digest and helps settle the stomach.

Mates who were in ICU's/coming off vents were instructed to use the method in recovery and found it helped a hell of a lot. It might be wise to have vit D levels checked or introduce it as part of the recovery vits.

I'm not entirely sold the claims on effectiveness but aa couple of mates who had it feb/march last year (Drs suspected lung cancer but confirmed covid using same tests as yourself) work outdoors but had vit D deficiencies when bloods were done and were prescribed a course.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

September and October is rhinovirus playground. This year rhinovirus infection is especially nasty because mask wearing meant little exposure to it the past year and caused the immune system to kind of forgot about it. And so when you have it the immune system delays at first then comes on too strong.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Would not this be an instance of where the magic 'natural immunity' that is supposed to protect so much better than the vaccines, doesn't?

Could it be that even natural immunity wears off, just like the vaccinated one does?

What if you were to die from the next 'natural immunity' booster? Would you not consider the non-lethal 'booster' as a valid alternative?

By the way, I do genuinely hope you recover fully.

no, but fantastic that you asked. See, the first time a "positive" test happened, the poster had no symptoms. Almost as if the test is worthless. Or that it was used to gin up the numbers. Now this person actually did catch the vid and will have natural immunity going forward. the more you know.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: theBlatantRebel

It's less than a year. 3-6 months or so.

source?

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yet we have other people in the thread who tested positive for antibodies and then almost a year later had it a 2nd time. So the test may not be "worthless" as reinfection does occur.
edit on 4-10-2021 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join