It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Robs 800 Safe Deposit Boxes, Steal People’s Life Savings, Claiming Cash Smelled Like Drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So the FBI went into a bank and confiscated 86 million from 800 people; think about that if you were one of the ones who had done nothing wrong and yet your life savings is now in the hands of the FBI; all because a drug dog alerted onto yours and 799 other boxes ! Out of the 800 they may have a case against 11 box holders but it has not gone to any kind of trial yet...

I have wondered at times if there was some grand conspiracy to make American citizens lose faith in their institutions of government and law enforcement...either way stories like this makes one wonder...

The FBI falsely claimed that Ruiz, who is a chef, made the $57,000 they stole from him from drug dealing because a drug dog alerted to the presence of drugs on the cash.

It is widely known that a large percentage (upwards 0f 90%) of U.S. paper money contains trace amounts of coc aine. Having a large amount of cash will most assuredly alert a drug dog.

In fact, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has ruled that government does not have probable cause to seize cash from individuals based only on a drug-detection dog’s reaction; stating specifically that the majority of money in circulation has drugs on it.

But court precedents and ethical enforcement of the law apparently mean very little to the FBI who confiscated the life savings of hundreds of people for this very reason. Ruiz was forced to produce documents proving his innocence and show the source of the money was legitimate in order to get it back. In other words, he was guilty until proven innocent.

Gluck told the Times that U.S. Private Vaults customers “included many immigrant business owners who escaped repressive regimes where banks are unsafe and have collected amounts of cash as their life savings over many, many years.”

In other words, the FBI is robbing innocent people of their life savings and using bogus excuses to justify the theft.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Everyday there are more and more reasons to abolish the FBI and BATFE.

I mean outside of the rampant corruption that usually accompanies those reasons.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Every single day i read something about the US that saddens me. Like they are doing it blatantly now. The powerful are doing whatever they like and people over there just seem to take it.
Where's all the anger, demonstrations, outrage?

Is it because you have a weak leader? There were people on the streets when Trump was president. Ive yet to see a demonstration since Biden became your leader.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Here's the thing I never understand about this kind of stuff...

I've know several K-9 LEO's and their K-9's. Most of the ones trained to sniff out drugs are cross-trained in sniffing out cash also. Despite the fact that cash is often tainted with drugs, how would a court ever be able to convince a jury that the dog alerted on drugs, and not cash?

Are they going to put the dog on the stand????

"Raise your right, uhhh, paw. Do you solemnly swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"WOOF!"

"Did you, on September 21st, alert on Safety Deposit Box #123?"

"WOOF!"

"Did you alert because you smelled drugs or cash?"

"WOOF!"

"Thank you, your Honor, no further questions."

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You will own nothing and be happy

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I think the larger question I have is, while the article states no charges were brought, what about the owners of these Safety Deposit Boxes? Did they do nothing, when they found the contents of their boxes missing? Were they even notified?

The article doesn't say.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I see those deposit boxes are a thorn in the eye of ever controlling governments. They can't know what's in them, if there is money in it, can't be yearly taxed.

What happens with such money that is confiscated forever? Does it go back to federal reserve after a holding time or is it just destroyed?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think the bank would notify them before the customers strolls into the bank to discover it for themselves, having a possible heart attack and making a scene inside.

About the K9, my dog got similar training (Sch3), sniffing routes, send it somewhere to check out for a bad guy and keep in check there. I did not do type specific sniffing, just letting someone walk the route a few hours before and let her sniffle at the boots.

But I know from other Sch3 dogs, that they have been trained different alerting behavior. You could have barking for money and sitting for drugs.
edit on 22.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I smell something too.

I wonder how many wads of that cash got stuffed into the agents pockets

I keep my cash far away from the banks, but lately I'm not sure cash is a good investment.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
They can't know what's in them, if there is money in it, can't be yearly taxed.

It can't be taxed yearly even if they did know about the cash, it can only be taxed once, at earning, as it sitting there accrues no interest.

edit on 22-9-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

How the US government seized all citizens' gold in 1930s

theconversation.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
For now…..
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Under the mattress is as safe is a bank vault now? Ok. Got it.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
In the UK we are told some crazy high percentage of bank notes are contaminated with dugs-usually coke.
I am guessing that is the same or hgher in the USA.

The FBI have just worked out a nice scam it looks like.

They could probably go shop to shop clearing out cash registers too.
And personal safes in homes.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperDave90
For now…..

You figure out a way to make money on un-invested capital?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Sounds like a scam to me.

Who the F would stash drugs in a safe deposit box??

Maybe Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dun if they went into the drug game???

FBI seems to be grasping at straws. They likely received a "tip" (from another one of these stellar confidential informants, super reliable pillars of the FBI's operations /s) about this guy, reacted like a bull in a china shop, and now their crack legal team is making up nonsense to justify bumbling around in people's safety deposit boxes.

"....but but but there be /drugs/ in them thar boxes!"

These agencies are FILTH. It seems like the drug investigations really bring out the agents with 0 scruples and ethical behavior, just like Silk Road plundering by rotten DEA agents

Ross Ulbricth is in jail for his part in the Silk Road FOR LIFE. Maybe that's draconian, maybe not, he did some pretty immoral things.

The DEA agents that robbed money from Ulbricht's dark net site, THEY LEAKED INFO ABOUT THE GOVERNMENTS CASE TO ULBRICHT (!!!), and compromised a major ongoing investigation? They were sentenced to 78 months or so in prison and are out alread. #JUSTICERIGHT?

There is so much corruption and fraud and disgusting, unethical behavior in these "law enforcement" agencies, it makes me want to puke.

These are supposed to be the good guys

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Mornin' Sky..this may be a bit out of perspective, tho true.

These "alphabet" agencies...can take all our money...and hold it till they figure out...if it's ours

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Reading this I think I’ll empty ours and fill it with
Rubber Duckies.
The FSB uh fbi, sorry can all have a tubby together later.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I see those deposit boxes are a thorn in the eye of ever controlling governments. They can't know what's in them, if there is money in it, can't be yearly taxed.

What happens with such money that is confiscated forever? Does it go back to federal reserve after a holding time or is it just destroyed?

One other drawback is that the owner has no way of proving what was in the box.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I can
Just sayin....

a reply to: Bluntone22

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join