It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are You Anyway?!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwampFox999
I'll play, with some generalizations

I'm Kial, a 35 year old male. I live near Lake Ontario in New York. I have a good lady, 2 late teens sons, 3 dogs, 3 farm cats, a rabbit and a sundry of fowl.
I work in retail in my home town.
I also make things with my hands and sell them.

Something interesting....I've spent extensive time out in the woods and hills of my home state. I'm an amateur water dowser. Hmm, I was born with a before unseen speech impediment that got put in the medical books. It's kind of went away with puberty and the speech therapists all said "he talks well enough not much more we can do". That is mildly interesting to some I would suppose.

Sorry no pictures....I'm like a sasquatch they always come out blurry.

Hi Kial! That is a unique name, never heard it before. What's it's origin?

Also, I'm curious about this speech impediment that went into the medical books. If you get a sec and don't mind, I'd be curious about what it was, how it manifest. I had a speech impediment when I was very young. I couldn't say a vowel sound followed by 'r'. So instead of saying 'girl' I'd say 'goil', instead of 'world' I'd say 'woild'. I remember having to go to a speech therapist when I was in 1st grade. I was just little more than a baby so I had no idea what was going on. The therapist instructed me to say some things and she recorded me while I did so. I thought nothing of it, but when she played it back I was like, whoa! Who in the hell is that? I started working on myself in that very moment. I was young but I knew there was no way that I was entering the 'woild' speaking like that.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

That was freakin' brilliant! Thanks so much, that was, well...fun. I'm curious about your novels. C'mon...dish!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind
I'm curious about your novels. C'mon...dish!

You can see one of them in a picture.... You should be able to find out everything you need from that picture. That's all I'll say.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
49 year old male from the East Coast of the US.

Been in the IT industry for 28 years with all those years being focused on Telecom , Call Centers , Collaboration , Call Recording and Video Conferencing. I've done that Telecom-Call Centers-Collab-Call Recording-Telecom Engineering across Sales (mail order computer stuff long before NewEgg or Amazon), Defense Industry, CRMDeb Collections ,Pediatric Healthcare and recently the video game industry.

Because of that career I have had some challenging and interesting experiences:

1. I was in the Defense Industry when 9/11 happened working for a company that built STE and STU phones used in the White House and Pentagon among other places. That added a whole different level to the day and the week.

2. 12 years ago if you called 1800 Best Buy it was my voice you heard for about a 3 week period as the company I worked for supported multiple huge clients like BB, MSFT, Amazon among others. At that time I was the Senior Engineer responsible for doing their IVR at the time.

3. I'm most proud of the time I spent in Pediatric Healthcare though it also definitely took a toll after so many years.

In general I have had a fun, successful though sometimes frustrating life . Lots of ridiculous stories to tell..Many good memories. =)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Name is Steven
Age 38
Height 5'6
Weight 125 soaking wet
Hair not much to speak of.
Location is bozeman mt.

Occupation is growing weed and slanging gas.

Hobbies are dayz, hunting, fishing, and foot bag.

Something interesting about me is I am a devout christian with a foul mouth and bong collection.

I think fast talk fast and drive even faster. I could use some work on my temper and patience, but I'm a work in progress.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Since you wrote " (that's actually true) ", after only one line : then this is officially a teasable situation.
Them's the rules !!

ME:

Name: Nothin. (that's actually true).
Age: Sorry. Don't like math too much. (that's actually true).
Sex: Well, you know, things slow-down a bit, with the madness taking it's toll, and all of that. (that's actually true).
Race: Not much, but watch some on TV sometimes. (that's actually true).
Home: Yup. (that's actually true).
Something Interesting: Once broke a boot-lace on my winter-boots, and a skate-lace on my skates, in the same day !! (that's actually true).
Photo: This is me when I used to be handsome. Sexy lil' devil I was. (that's actually true).

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Ohhh...I love these personal data collecting threads!!!

Name: Chris
Sex: Male
Race: White
Home: The Netherlands
Something interesting: I got 7 kids and I love gardening, drawing, digital art and puzzles.
Photo:

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: keukendeur

Dude.. Please take this as a weird compliment from a Digital media freak to another.. But I love your Avatar and the shot made me have to do it..

BTW ETA to everyone..

If your interested, ATS just started a new Short Story Contest right here Short Stories Contest "Legends of the Fall". There are some mighty fine creative minds that wriie some very clever stuff. Even if your not a writer stop and read some of the previous contests stories with the theme "Cafe Delirium".

Maybe toss a star their way or leave them a comment and make them feel good... it's a real n ice neutral and safe spot.

edit on 9/20/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Oh that's just amazing...why didn't I come up with that?

Is it okay if I tweak it a little to make it into my avatar?

I always follow the ATS writers contests and read most of the stories. (too bad debate and avatar creations competitions are on a low)

Some amazing talent here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well, I actually am a middle aged woman. Name is brynn, I emigrated to canada from scotland as a kid. I've always been a weirdo but then I found out a few years ago that I have severe adhd and learning disabilities, so kind of explains it. I'm almost blind in one eye and have had quite a few eye surgeries starting when I was two. All this accounts for me seeing and thinking things differently, I suppose. I'm pretty much feral and live minimal but am a hoarder of shiny things at the same time. Especially new stuff as I have to stash it in a corner for a year or two before I deal with it. To be honest, can barely look after myself.

I used to work as a stripper which allowed me to travel the world a bit and landed me in jail in mexico. Then, apprenticed as a welder, then a belly dance teacher, now a plant doctor and farmer.

Love techno, punk and old school surf music. And gardening. And rabbits... I show rabbits.

Was taken out of class in grade 8 and taught about advertising and propaganda! Still think I was part of an experiment.

Oh, and my parent's didn't allow me into their house today because I'm unvaccinated. The child in me feels rejected but it's their trip so whatever.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Embrace the pain while you think of me.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
So you're back

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I am not at liberty to either confirm or deny...

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf
a reply to: XipeTotex

A taxidermist, huh? I suppose that would explain the artistic side of you...

Whenever i can, i like to communicate with music, here is one for you all, take care!

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I # knew it

Awesome avatar, I guess you drew it

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Name: Donald "Cowboy" Barry
Sex: Male (with moobs)
Race: White & guilty
Home: Oregon
Occupation: Professional drinker, smoker, eater and ATS-s*** poster
Something Interesting: The human body is 70% water but mine looks like 140%
Photo: Try not to be jelly...

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Oh that's just amazing...why didn't I come up with that?

Is it okay if I tweak it a little to make it into my avatar?

I always follow the ATS writers contests and read most of the stories. (too bad debate and avatar creations competitions are on a low)

Some amazing talent here on ATS.

I'm flattered you'd want to.. But it's all yours my friend do as you like... I just lnstantlly saw a resemblance and I actually thought it was your own caricature that you had created... a self-portrait so to speak.

The new Short Story Writers contest just started last night, but it'll gather some steam hope you and everyone else will give it a 'look-see'.

Cheers and have fun!
Johnny

edit on 9/20/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm Nini.
That's true and tells a story if you look up what that means in Spanish, Chinese, Sanskrit(grammar) you know everything about me.
My hobbies are mostly planning my rise to global domination, that's the German in my I guess. I'm a thorough-mongrel though, what happens if you'd crossbreed the whole world, it ain't pretty...
well I of course am the prettiest lady I know, but I meant the interior...
Sex: I used to have that a lot, but I'm into a lot of kinky stuff and it was hard finding the right partner for that, because technically I'm a masochist but oh boy do I fight back. Nobody was able to break this filly so out of boredom and before anybody gets hurt plus romantic reasons I totally stopped that.

I've already shown this pic before so I guess why not

I just matured a little since that, less blonde and less dark.
But the same mess.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
LOL. It’s all good although my tongue is rather tender today.....haha.

This is a great OP!!! Many S&F’s for you!!

Reading igloo’s reply it hit me, she should be introduced to DB.

Just sayin......😇

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

ATS's resident crazy hot chick...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join