It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Party is starting to split

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think the Republican Party is starting to split. Part of the reason for Bush’s success, is the unity of the party, but that is going to change, I think. You have had two main groups in the party, those for less government, accountability for government spending, and state rights. The other side is the religious right that cares of moral issues, above all. They have been able to work well together, but there appears to be a rift starting to happen. Look at the Shivo case for an example. The religious right wants the government to step in, while the other side of the party does not. The religious right wants the government to step in on every state right issue. (Gay Marriage, Medical Marijuana, and Prayer in School.) The other side does not and is getting vociferous about it too.

As a republican from that other side I have felt that my views have been totally ignored by the Bush administration and I know plenty of other republicans that feel the same way. I feel like the religious right has totally hijacked the party and Bush is way to liberal(BIG GOVERMENT AND ALL). Many people in my area that have been a Republican for years are switching to Libertarian. I mean a lot.
Republicans and the Dems=not much difference.
Where is the party of State Rights and Less goverment?
With the divide starting to happen and some republicans leaving to go Libertarian, means one thing in 2008, and you know what that is. Hillary will win.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Snowman9]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Here's an ATSNN OP/ED on the looming process conservative versus social conservative civil war.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snowman9

With the divide starting to happen and some republicans leaving to go Libertarian, means one thing in 2008, and you know what that is. Hillary will win.

If there is one thing that can unite Republicans, it would be Hillary Clinton. So there goes that theory!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Interesting, the problem all alone was that in the haste to win the "conservative Americans" votes the republicans enlisted to many controversial groups that even "conservative Americans" now are starting to see what they really are up to.

They fell for it but now they want to stay away from these controversial groups as much as they can.

Finally people are realizing that things were not what they seem to be.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting, the problem all alone was that in the haste to win the "conservative Americans" votes they republicans enlisted to many controversial groups that even "conservative Americans" now are starting to see what they really are up to.

They fell for it but now they want to stay away from these controversial groups as much as they can.

Finally people are realizing that things were not what they seem to be.

Republicans enlisted too many controversial groups? You sure didn't think that one through marg. The democrats have a history of aligning themselves with any radical group that would give them money of get them votes. Good example is this past election where all the 527 money in the world couldn't buy John F'ing Kerry the election.

The list of controversial groups that align themselves with the Democratic party is to long to list. Do a Google search, I did. The one you should fear most is the National Education Associatin (NEA). The political arm of the NEA is Democratic.

The National Education Association “built its empire on the backs of millions of public school teachers who have been forced to pay hundreds of dollars to the union each year for the privilege of keeping their jobs.

The NEA is America’s largest and richest labor union, interested more in a leftist partisan agenda than in America’s children. But you smilingly send your kids off to the soialist indoctrination camps know as public schools everyday.

www.thenewamerican.com...

I'm outta here. Gotta go play with my new birthday present - a Colt Combat Government Modle .45cal.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Many of those on the 'right' are - personally - deeply split.

It's almost like a schizophrenia.

On the one hand they want practically anything to go in commerce and business and yet in terms of personal morality they are as intruding a bunch of busy-bodies as anyone could ever meet with a ruthless determination that could match any stalinist/marxist!

Maybe it's cos they think (don't that 'type' always
) that they have 'God' on their side.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well taking in consideration we are talking about Republicans and not Democrats I still stand by my opinion and what is going on in the public with "secular groups agendas" and "Christian conservative Republicans"

One is finacing the politicians to push their "religious views" while the other ones are starting to see that perhaps these views are not what they want.

Yes, I see a division here, just looking at the polls and the reaction of the "American Majority" on the Terri case in Florida, Americans doesn't agree with the Federal government getting involve in Family matters, and religious pushers cashing on people's pain and suffering.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If there is one thing that can unite Republicans, it would be Hillary Clinton. So there goes that theory!

I don’t think so not this time. Bush has irritated too many Republicans.
1. He has increased Government 3 times the size it was in the Clinton years.
2. He wants the government to get involved in every state right issue.
3. He has no accountability for government spending.
4. Not to mention he lies as much as Clinton did.

This is not the party I know. It’s like Kerry is in office, the things Bush is doing. I myself am thinking of leaving the party, to go Libertarian. I’m not giving my vote to a party that does not represent me or my views. Dems and Republicans have become the same party=Big Spenders and Big Government.

Unless the Republican Party does a major overhaul< I will probably vote Libertarian myself.

Even if the Republicans come out and say they are changing things around, I will have a hard time trusting them, after the Bush administration.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Where is the party of State Rights and Less goverment?

That only seems to apply when its time to screw society by cutting education funding.

politicans with brains stay out of peoples lives and dont try and impose there dubious morals on others.

Americans I beg dont elect anymore neo cons they will wreck America and the world.

top topics

join