It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream of La Plama Volcano Erupting Now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Multiple reports coming in on La Palma volcano erupting as we speak. La Palma is part of The Canary Islands, under Spain. The eruptions are from the Cumbre Vieja national park in the south of the island.
The USGS has not been reporting the earthquakes going on and around this island for weeks now.

YouTube LIVE STREAM HERE.

Why has the USGS been censoring the EQ's here?

edit on V042021Sundaypm30America/ChicagoSun, 19 Sep 2021 12:04:14 -05001 by Violater1 because: ;ophiytrd

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is the island, that if the Earthquake or volcanic eruption is strong enough, the Western part of the island can slide into the Atlantic and send a tidal wave thousands of feet high to the U.S. East Coast!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Hope it doesn't blow big! That would be a crushing blow to the US east coast if it did.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Um…. That’s not good .

link   

originally posted by: Violater1
This is the island, that if the Earthquake or volcanic eruption is strong enough, the Western part of the island can slide into the Atlantic and send a tidal wave thousands of feet high to the U.S. East Coast!

Yes, that could be problematic. Here is the summary from a few years ago.

link   

Seems to my limited knowledge this release of pressure should be
a good thing? In terms of avoiding a larger disaster?

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yes, it would wipe out the East Coast, sweep over the State of Florida, and flood into the Gulf of Mexico as well.
I can't understand why the USGS is not reporting the earthquakes going on here.

Here is the EMSC reporting of over 30 earthquakes in the Canary Islands!

www.emsc-csem.org...
Why is the USGS hiding this!!!!!
edit on V472021Sundayam30America/ChicagoSun, 19 Sep 2021 11:47:20 -05001 by Violater1 because: opugtry

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How often does this volcano erupt?

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Time will tell!
IF, a wave came I have no idea how big it would be but if it’s big enough I know this much I can’t run fast enough far enough from where I live.

I’ certainly not going to sweat it but it’s fun to watch.

Reminds me of the Star Wars movie “rogue one, a star wars story” as the hero's watch the massive wave coming to get them at the end.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This is a very important topic, I would recommend everyone contributing to the original thread so your thoughts will remain.

There are currently 4 under the same topic. If you think this is as important as I do you should bump the original thread so it becomes a hot topic.

It's something that needs to be known and some will likely only see it in new topics so this isn't a total loss. Your contribution was important and I think you should add it to the original so it remains.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Eta.. I'm not a mod, I don't report any thread or post, and I have no affiliation with the original thread creator.
edit on 9/19/2021 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

No it wouldn't.

Tsunami Hazard Assessment Based on Wave Generation, Propagation, and Inundation Modeling for the U.S. East Coast July 2016

This suggests that the landslide on the La Palma Island is unlikely to cause severe tsunami impact on the U.S. East Coast, especially in areas facing a wide continental shelf.

A more recent study than the doom filled ones. Also more in depth than previous studies.

This study investigates the possible effect on the U.S. Atlantic coast of a tsunami generated by the hypothetical collapse of the Cumbre Vieja volcano located on the Isla La Palma in the Canary Islands. Well-publicized studies of this scenario conducted by Ward and Day (2001) and Løvholt et al. (2008) suggest that the impact may be severe. Subsequent to the initial publication, more credible worst-case scenarios have been modeled to study wave evolution in the impact zone, open ocean, and continental shelf. However, these more recent studies lack an inundation model, and use a crude Green’s law scaling assumption to estimate wave heights at the beach. In this study, an Eulerian-Lagrangian hydrocode is used to simulate the landslide impact, a numerically dispersive linear shallow-water model (MOST) for open-ocean propagation, and a nonlinear inundation model to quantify impact at the coast. These more robust approaches provide a better estimate of the potential hazard on the U.S. coastline posed by the Cumbra Vieja volcano.

EDIT TO ADD:

The study specifically studies Daytona Beach, Florida, even. Page four, section twenty.

The amplitude at this location reaches approximately 1 to 2 m right at the coast, but the maximum over the entire model run (3.15 m) occurs in an isolated region just south of the channel entrance right at the shoreline. The only discernible inundation is expected to occur at this beach area, and is predicted to be nearly negligible (Figure 4.23), though damage to harbors in the Intracoastal Waterway due to high currents cannot be ruled out because wave amplitudes of nearly a meter are seen in the harbor areas.

One to two meters along the coast. There are bigger storm surges than that.
edit on 9/19/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

1677-1678 AD, 1585, 1646, 1712, 1949, and 1971

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
How often does this volcano erupt?

Last eruption was 1971.

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
JUST IN, There are now evacuations taking place on La Palama.
Another LIVE Stream Here.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Violater1

Yes, that could be problematic. Here is the summary from a few years ago.

Yes, this would be horrific.
Current video from the Canary Island of La Palma.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Here in this LIVE video, it shows that the erupting volcano is RIGHT ON THE SHELF!

This man is describing how dangerous to the world, that this eruption really is!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's raining down lava and piling up a mound of cinders fast!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
It's raining down lava and piling up a mound of cinders fast!

I don't know that much about volcanism, but if those rapidly building cones collapse in on them selves, would that increase the pressure? If it does, that would not be good.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is a hoax!

I know a car fire when I see one...

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

1677-1678 AD, 1585, 1646, 1712, 1949, and 1971

This one is due to Global Warming / Climate Change though.....

Anyone want to bet we will hear that soon?

But in all seriousness, does anyone know how much less or more this eruption is compared to what we have seen historically?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join