It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are COVID-19 vaccinated. What concerns you most about the unvaccinated?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I doubt you get an answer. The people that got the vaccine are either in the high-risk group and needed it, or they're too stupid to make their own decisions and got the vaccine because the people out to make billions and paid for the current president told them to get it. That's why they can't answer simple questions because they need a set of talking points to engage. Then the worst set of people are those ones that say we should take it so things can go back to normal. The ones that will help take away your freedoms, which should be shot on site.

Of course, millions of people fall into those categories. According to you, because you are so superior. Dunning-Kruger, I think it's called.

I only feel superior to people like you that advocate taking away people's freedom and act as you know my family's health better than we or our doctors do.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I doubt you get an answer. The people that got the vaccine are either in the high-risk group and needed it, or they're too stupid to make their own decisions and got the vaccine because the people out to make billions and paid for the current president told them to get it. That's why they can't answer simple questions because they need a set of talking points to engage. Then the worst set of people are those ones that say we should take it so things can go back to normal. The ones that will help take away your freedoms, which should be shot on site.

Of course, millions of people fall into those categories. According to you, because you are so superior. Dunning-Kruger, I think it's called.

I only feel superior to people like you that advocate taking away people's freedom and act as you know my family's health better than we or our doctors do.

Where have I ever advocated that?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I get this lately as well for some reason.

I think those that come along and get in the way of all this confirmation bias are getting accused of all-sorts of stuff that they don't actually do or say.

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
I’m curious what concerns you the most that will be eased if everyone is vaccinated. I believe that most if if not all concerns comes from a lack of knowledge. Would you be less concerned if you knew there was widespread antibody testing for vaccinated and un vaccinated?

Im not concerned about anything. The only reason I got vaccinated was to see my father. He has Cystic fibrosis which has been getting progressively worse over the past year. It was made very clear to me that I would not be allowed to see him if I didnt get it.

Do you test before seeing him? Because you can still get it and pass it to him.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I get this lately as well for some reason.

I think those that come along and get in the way of all this confirmation bias are getting accused of all-sorts of stuff that they don't actually do or say.

Why would they let little things like facts get in the way of their prejudices?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No idea how they work.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
I've been vaccinated, so I can answer your question. I've read quite a few hyperbolic assumptions about "the vaccinated" already in this thread, so first I will address those:

1) I am not scared of catching covid. I know I have been exposed, and it's very likely that I've had an asymptomatic infection. I'm relatively healthy, in my 30's, exercise every day, eat well, etc. Low risk.

2) I don't think everyone needs to be vaccinated, and I am opposed to vaccine mandates and vaccine passports.

3) I believe that covid will become endemic. Everyone will likely get infected several times over the course of their lives.

What concerns you most about the unvaccinated?

I am concerned that severe infections will disproportionately affect unvaccinated individuals resulting in an overwhelmed healthcare system. It's extremely expensive to keep someone alive on a ventilator for several weeks. Here in Canada, a great deal of our tax revenue goes towards our healthcare system. IF my concern is valid and true (which is still under investigation), a disproportionate amount of our tax revenue will be funding unvaccinated fat@sses as they lay unconscious in the ICU with a tube pumping oxygen into their lungs.

Are you in favor of treating all groups differently that over use the health care system?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It's more to the point I have weddings and other social events I need to attend, and of course travel.

They are implementing covid passports where I live unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

As long as you are acting out of coercion, they will be satisfied. 😒

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Are you in favor of treating all groups differently that over use the health care system?

No, absolutely not. People should be free to make detrimental choices for their own health. Usually we deal with that in Canada by taxing the thing that causes the detrimental heath effect (cigarettes, alcohol, etc) to offset the increased medical costs. If you smoke for 40 years, I think you've paid your fair share for the hospice bed you'll occupy. This situation is different though, because you can't tax NOT getting a vaccine. Honestly, I don't see a great solution either way.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

I’m curious what concerns you the most that will be eased if everyone is vaccinated. I believe that most if if not all concerns comes from a lack of knowledge. Would you be less concerned if you knew there was widespread antibody testing for vaccinated and un vaccinated?

Im not concerned about anything. The only reason I got vaccinated was to see my father. He has Cystic fibrosis which has been getting progressively worse over the past year. It was made very clear to me that I would not be allowed to see him if I didnt get it.

Do you test before seeing him? Because you can still get it and pass it to him.

Thats another area where logic breaks down.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yes. I am fully aware... and I will still fight for those who choose not to get the vaccine and fight against forced vaccination. I still haven't gotten my second shot tho. So who knows what might happen.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Im vaxed and dont care about the unvaxed in the least. Their choice, same as mine.

Skaruuuu the mandates. I dont support them AT ALL. nor lockdowns nor mask mandates.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What concerns me most about unvaccinated people is that they are continuing to fill hospital ER’s and ICU’s. I read an article today about a man with heart disease who died because they couldn’t find a hospital that could take him in and treat him because they were filled with people sick with covid.

In addition, many of those who will not get vaccinated are spreading lies and conspiracy theories about the vaccine. We will never get herd immunity because there are too many people like this out there. They are anti facts and against science. I never thought I’d see the day where our country would have so much stupidity.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   

edit on pmMondayMonday21100000009pm9 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join