It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Proof the US does not care about health

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: andy06shake

The only thing government administrations care about people wise are predominantly votes and taxes.

As far as taxes? What is the US debt? And what are they going to raise again?

I say it’s more about buying votes / elections even if you have to print funny money.

tax revenue last year was 3.7 trillion
the debt clock shows debt of 27 trillion.

In 2021, the White House Budget is:
Receipts - $3.581 trillion
Outlays - $7.249 trillion

This means that they intended to spend twice as much as they received.
An additional $3.668 trillion

In 2008,
Receipts - $2.662 trillion
Outlays - $2.902 Trillion
The government is spending two and a half times more today than in 2008.
We have two and a half governments running this country

Any prosperity you "feel" you have gained in the years between 2008 and 2021
has been an illusion
this is the real rate of inflation.

Afterthought: Thread drift. Sorry.
Back to your regularly scheduled program
edit on 11-9-2021 by sraven because: afterthought

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: network dude

Common now… individual freedoms? But you all here celebrate when Texas and other states pass Talibanesque type laws that force women to have babies from rapist and pedo family members. Get out of here with individual freedom arguments. BOTH party suck when it come to taking away our rights!!

Because that's a convenient shield to hide the vast majority of abortions which are solely for the convenience of the mother. Actual abortions due to rape and incest are about as common as actual homosexuals in society.

And if those were the only abortions we ever talked about, then I doubt it would be as big an issue as it is, but we both know that's not the case if we're being honest.
edit on 11-9-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They are Smarter than a lot of people think.
They have a plan for the Population and It Ain't Good.
Never trust their ability to appear Stupid or Inept.
Crazy like a Fox.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
True, so why the vaccination push?

Because government is big, blundering and inept.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Common now… individual freedoms? But you all here celebrate when Texas and other states pass Talibanesque type laws that force women to have babies from rapist and pedo family members. Get out of here with individual freedom arguments. BOTH party suck when it come to taking away our rights!!

quote me on that.

eta:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you all here need to not lump everyone in the same bucket, it makes you look unintelligent.
edit on 11-9-2021 by network dude because: backed up what I said.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Who are you to decide though!!?

That’s the slippery slope that causes the government to think they have the power to mandate what you do with your body!!

Once you are ok with the government telling people what they can do with their bodies… then all is fair game… right?!

I understand religious objections over abortion… heck I even understand the moral objection to it… but who the heck I’m to tell a women to have a baby or not!?!

As much as I would like everyone to be vaccinated …Who the heck I’m I to tell someone to take a vaccine or not!! ?

If one day you cheer over the government stomping over someone elses rights you shouldn’t be whining when the government stomps over yours.

How about we protect everyone’s rights!?

edit on 11-9-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Thanks for that!

You and me are 100% aligned on this.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Why should the United States government care about people's health when 70% of the population is obese or overweight and doesn't care about their own health?

What a strange argument, the government doesn't care about you, has never cared about you and will never care about you.

Amen brother! The government should butt the hell out of our lives, when it comes to mandating health-related measures.

Offer and advise, then get out of the way.

That's what most taxpayers (aka The Bosses) want.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

600K+ people died in one year falling off their roofs cleaning gutters?

Pretty sure its been two years at this point. The 600K+ is inflated due to how the CDC told hospitals to count deaths "with Covid" rather than because of Covid. Sometimes it was merely inferred that someone died of Covid without proof. Not to mention the $$ involved in the reporting. The true number is far lower.
edit on 11-9-2021 by timequake because: typo

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Amen to that

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Enough , that number is very misleading . Did they die of covid or with covid ? Why did more people in the USA die in 2018 than 2020 during the plandemic ?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

All they need is someone in charge to tell them to ignore the border crisis and stay paranoid about a disease that kills less people than people killed falling off their roof cleaning leaf gutters

Actually, 1.5 years, but all right, I'll humor you: 300k+ die a year from falling off of roofs cleaning gutters?

The 600K+ is inflated due to how the CDC told hospitals to count deaths "with Covid" rather than because of Covid.

Sigh. It's not inflated. Complications from disease that result in death are largely attributed to the disease, since without the disease you would have likely survived.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Because is no about health of the people, is all about profiting from the people, the more sick the more money to be made for treatments.

It has never been about the people since the pharma mobsters became corrupted.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Because is no about health of the people, is all about profiting from the people, the more sick the more money to be made for treatments.

Yes, the vaccine is about the health of the people: preventing unneeded hospitalizations and preventing unneeded deaths.

And helping us return to normal.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

My question is, now that we have established that the government can intervene in health care decisions for the greater public good or to save on insurance costs, how far back in time are we going here?

Coerced sterilization is a shameful part of America’s history, and one doesn’t have to go too far back to find examples of it. Used as a means of controlling “undesirable” populations – immigrants, people of color, poor people, unmarried mothers, the disabled, the mentally ill – federally-funded sterilization programs took place in 32 states throughout the 20th century. Driven by prejudiced notions of science and social control, these programs informed policies on immigration and segregation.

UNWANTED STERILIZATION AND EUGENICS PROGRAMS IN THE UNITED STATES

Will we be journeying back to a time where:

Such legislation was motivated by crude theories of human heredity that posited the wholesale inheritance of traits associated with a panoply of feared conditions such as criminality, feeblemindedness, and sexual deviance. Many sterilization advocates viewed reproductive surgery as a necessary public health intervention that would protect society from deleterious genes and the social and economic costs of managing ‘degenerate stock’.”

Or will we be forging ahead into new territories of the government setting calorie limits and exercise requirements? Obesity related causes are responsible for around 300,000 deaths a year in the US alone and an immense burden on healthcare systems. jamanetwork.com... Or how about giving private businesses the ability to fire pregnant women because they are a liability. Let the "cost cutting" government overreaches begin!
edit on 11-9-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

My question is, now that we have established that the government can intervene in health care decisions for the greater public good or to save on insurance costs, how far back in time are we going here?

It's been at least established since 1905, regarding vaccine mandates.

Not sure what vaccination has to do with sterilization and eugenics, though.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Really?

Who is a woman to decide that another human being is unworthy of life for issues of her convenience?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You do not tell people what to do with their bodies. Period/end of story! Who are you to judge?

I don’t know why is that so hard of a concept for you to grasp.

I don’t care if you have a religious or moral objections. I do not care.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The government doesn’t need your money.
The government needs you to not have your money.

It is the difference between dependence and independence.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You do not tell people what to do with their bodies. Period/end of story! Who are you to judge?

I don’t know why is that so hard of a concept for you to grasp.

I don’t care if you have a religious or moral objections. I do not care.

And you don't tell a person what to do with the body of another person.

Do you think a person has the right to his or her life? If so, then who are you to decide that some people are less worthy of that life simply because of where they happen to be? Like it or not an unborn child is a human being and has a right to his or her life even if he or she happens to reside inside another human at the time.

Now if the woman wants to avoid being pregnant, she doesn't have sex. And as I already mentioned, if the only reason anyone ever brought up abortion was for the reason of saving a life, or because someone was raped or there was incest, you would not hear nearly as much about it, but everyone, including you, knows this is not the case. Most abortions happen because two people have sex, and it carries through to its intended biological purpose - pregnancy. Then suddenly, because another human is in the equation, *that* human must lose its life so the people in question can feel better about their mistake.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That’s not the law. You are giving me religious/moral talking points on something that’s been decided by matter of law.

Your support of this nanny state type actions is what makes the government think they can mandate millions of Americans to take a vaccine they do not want.

After all the government thinks the vaccine saves lives… yours and others!! So by your own standards the government is taking a PRO-LIFE position in mandating vaccines for everyone.

Now get in line and take the jab for your precious support of the nanny state.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join