It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raise your hand if you know what this is and have used one

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Saw this the other day online and just laughed.
Boy how times have changed. I was curious so read up on them, they actually are
not as bad as you might think they are.

Can you imagine the kids these days using them?

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Well I would not use THAT one for sure.

But yes, we have them in schools, they get removed and washed.... normally.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
About as dirty as any door knob or handle on the way to get to it.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Rotated a few bajillion at my old primary school AND
the local VFW where my dad (Bougainville & points nearby)
pitched in, even before I was a teen.
There's a trick to having it unwind straight... trade secret.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Still use them to this day.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Those were common all over the place, a company would come and replace the rolls with clean ones and somehow wash them. I doubt if the young would even want to work for a company that washed those things and wound them back on the roll. I used to have one of those towel machines but scrapped it a long time ago, maybe thirty years ago. Got it from somewhere for free. Once the towel got dirty, just tossed it in the dump.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Used to be in every gas station you stopped at. Nobody ever thought anything of using them no matter how dirty they appeared to be.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

When I was a kid, we knew a guy that serviced those. When the fabric started to wear thin or got a rip in it, he had to replace the rolls. He would give us an old roll once in a while. My mom would launder them, cut them into appropriate lengths and hem the ends to use for wash rags and hand towels.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
About as dirty as any door knob or handle on the way to get to it.

Not really, read up on them.

ituabsorbtech.com...
edit on 8-9-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
LOL...yeah, I remember them. I'd always look to see if there was any TP left before using one. Always thought people wiped their butt on them! Awww, screw it...I'll just dry my hands on my pants.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I can remember traveling to Florida from N.C. and somewhere close to the state line of Georgia there was one of these at a out of the way gas station that someone had wiped their arse with it.......Somethings you can't un-see.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Those were common all over the place, a company would come and replace the rolls with clean ones and somehow wash them.

Wash anything at a hot enough temperature with the the right agents, they will be good as new.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I definitely remember those...

We are too clean nowadays. Our cleanliness is making us sicker as our bodies are not developing the appropriate resistance to germs.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I just remembered that some companies had stripes running down the towels to identify their product. I remember some that had a single blue stripe in the center and others that had two stripes running about a about a third of the way in from each side.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Use one everyday still lol. Our shop is.....old.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
(Raises hand)

... indeed I do know and my Pop had one in the filling' station he owned during the time when gas was 45 cents a gallon.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Lol
I just used my pant legs to dry off my hands lol

Even as a snotty nose kid, those things grossed me out 🤣

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
(Raises hand)

... indeed I do know and my Pop had one in the filling' station he owned during the time when gas was 45 cents a gallon.

I bet people complained about that 45 cent gas too! I remember gas being under a dollar, I remember 10 cent hot dogs (I don't even want to imagine what 10 cent hot dogs are made of) and remember Soda for a quater, and it was sold in glass... oh those were the best tasting soda's on earth. I'm not that old, old enough, and it seems impossible that things were that cheap at one point...If I could go back to those days and tell people in the not too distant future, people will pay $5/6/7 dollars for a cup of coffee and actually line up for it, I would love to see their faces!!

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Lol
I just used my pant legs to dry off my hands lol

Even as a snotty nose kid, those things grossed me out 🤣

One year we were traveling, and nature called. We stopped at a gas station in Tennessee.
The sink, the knobs, the soap, all of it.........they were so filthy that I was convinced nothing on my hands could compare to the germ level on those items. I ran screaming out of that bathroom and told my husband he needed to find another place.
Sorry Tennessee, I love you but your restrooms are N-A-S-T-Y!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

There's a trick to having it unwind straight... trade secret.

Let me guess, the roll isn't cylindrical but is thicker in the middle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join