It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raise your hand if you know what this is and have used one

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My second job was as an office boy in a ship building org at a tender age of 17yrs. Part of my job was to replace these towel rolls in male and female bathrooms. You are supposed to use a keyto open them up but the easiest way was to shove you hand up between the towel and the frame and then flip a lever releasing the cover.

Memories.....like the corners of my mind....mysty water couloured memories of the way we were.
edit on 8/9/21 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie
There's a trick to having it unwind straight... trade secret.

Have multiples of these in our workplace shops. Used daily.

Now as for unwinding... during Covid our uniform/towel service got the brilliant idea to replace the cloth rolls with PAPER. Are there really people who don't know about New Coke, and the lesson to not "improve" something long-proven?

Anyway whatever was supposedly improved in sanitation was lost in endless fiddling to make the paper rolls work.
edit on 8-9-2021 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Seriously though, JAG, I believe that! I never got sick, not even once from one of those things that I know of.

Today they've got turbo-jet things which blow snot everywhere, paper towel dispensers people paw all over to get out fifty of them, electric dispensers where people take a mile of paper towels to dry their frigging hands (and therefore impossible to keep stocked).

Probably one of the better designs ever invented.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I'm not going to read below because I know about 300 people have already answered, so I'll lend my reply without peeking, that is an old pull through hand dryer. The cloth is on a loop, so the person who washed their hands went and pulled on the cloth bringing forth (hopefully) dry cloth. Of course, as I'm sure that people today would scream with in terror, the cloth just went round and round.

PS: I'll share one that creeped me out. Once I was attending a lecture on Russia, and there was a Russian woman talking and she told us about milk dispensing machines in Russia. Apparently, there'd just be a glass sitting under the dispenser (like you'd use at a coffee machine dispenser). You'd insert your money, the machine would dispense the milk into the glass, you'd drink the milk and then put the glass back. Even that one gives me the willies...

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Russian woman talking and she told us about milk dispensing machines in Russia.

Probably half milk, half vodka so it's ok

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I'm sure that here in the UK they had a coloured band that only appeared towards to end of the towel so they knew it was ready for changing.

30 years of drink and drugs between then and now could mean I'm imagining it though.

a reply to: butcherguy

That band existed, but was horizontal.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Nope ... truth . Thet did have a "change me " stripe.
a reply to: nonspecific

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I remember using these. Gas stations and schools. Pretty much everywhere really.

We're now stuck with the air dryers at work. I don't bother. The ones we have take forever to dry your hands. I can drip dry my hands on my way back to work faster and saves on energy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join