It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I ask you all a question?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CryHavoc
If you are walking down the road and you see a body laying there, what do you do?

How fresh is it?

An excellent question, no doubt.

Followed up with, how hungry are you?

Peas, green beans, corn, or fried asparagus, for your side, good sir?

Mashed potatoes are a given, but we'll just have to pretend they were potatoes once.

edit on 9-8-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

I was startled, for sure. Came around the corner and saw them. Like I said though, I stopped, stared, looked for breathing. Called out a "hey" but with no response. They did shift for a moment though. So, not dead... I really think someone was acting as a real sh!t caretaker or the like. Prob threw the sheet over them to block the light. Then showed back up to pick them up. Idk. Maybe I should have done more, like call someone. The whole encounter wasn't more than fifteen minutes though. But.. I guess I don't know how it ended, after the assumed nurse/caretaker, came back.

Coming right around the corner to that though...

Just outside of Portland Oregon, about two years ago.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

If you are walking down the road and you see a body laying there, what do you do?

Is it in the road, the side of the road, a sidewalk?

Former, probably try to slow, divert traffic while on the phone with 911. Not in the road, determine if it appears lifeless, while also calling 911.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Sorry.

To answer a lot of your questions, I came across an accident at about 3am 5 years or so ago. I called 911, but I couldn't find a body. I was looking all over in the direction the car looked like it came from. Debris everywhere. Even a little kids' shoe.

Finally, I thought to look in the other direction for some reason. There was a guy on his back about 20 feet away from the car. I called 911 back but the sirens were about a minute away and I froze. The last time I had a First Aid class was about 25 years earlier.

Do you think I would have made a difference if I even tried CPR?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
I know there's a lot of Social Issues on people's minds lately, but I need some clarification.

I'd look for the disguised TV show hidden camera first.

If there is a camera, I'd act like a hero is supposed to act. Call 9-11 and then check the body for life.

If there isn't a camera, the type of body will determine my actions, or lack thereof.

P.S. You're asking about a HUMAN body... Right?

edit on 9/9/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Oh man...that sounds rough.

But there is no sense in beating yourself up over what could have been.

Would it have made any difference if you tried CPR...nobody knows and I don't think the answer would make it better or worse.

Somebody died and that is tragic but for you to wonder whether you could have done more is not going to bring him back.

People freeze in emergency situations, it's a normal reaction.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur
Somebody died and that is tragic but for you to wonder whether you could have done more is not going to bring him back.
People freeze in emergency situations, it's a normal reaction.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join