It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I ask you all a question?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I know there's a lot of Social Issues on people's minds lately, but I need some clarification.

If you are walking down the road and you see a body laying there, what do you do?

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I would yell at them to see if they are responsive while dialing 911. They answer very fast so I can see if they ask me to check pulse or something.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Make sure its a body and not a hooman in dire need.

It it is a body, then alert the authorities.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

If it was in my small town.. I would act fast, check for life signs, do CPR ask people near me to call 911, if not I will do a call and lay down the phone with speakers on while continuing CPR and talking to rescue.. wait for rescue while doing CPR

If it was in a big city like New York.. I would prob not react just as fast.. could be a junkie with needles in his pockets or just some homeless guy sleeping.. But I would do the same things, just being very careful where I am touching. And I would not do mouth to mouth with a homeless or junkie.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I yelled at it, poked it with a stick, then called 911.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Assess the situation and act accordingly from there.

These days rushing to action may put yourself at risk always assess the situation.
edit on 8-9-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So....you....or (your friend)..ehem..found a body..

Well common sense should kick in naturally of what to do..
A rather silly question actually.

originally posted by: CryHavoc
I know there's a lot of Social Issues on people's minds lately, but I need some clarification.

If you are walking down the road and you see a body laying there, what do you do?

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Faeded
So....you....or (your friend)..ehem..found a body..

Well common sense should kick in naturally of what to do..
A rather silly question actually.

Steal its wallet and runs like hell?

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Location, location, location...

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Too risky, keep walking. Like you didn't see nor suspect a thing. Calling 911 is too risky, because law enforcement shows up too

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Check for response 1st, if they respond try to decipher where they are injured (or what happened) If no response, check A B C

Airway
Breathing
Circulation

Whilst dialling it in.
edit on 8-9-2021 by FinallyAwake because: Typo

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Would consider that we had reached the end of the road, and arrived at the beach, and could see folks sunbathing.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well your first reply was pretty much exact on target of what i was going to say...so ....yeah...
Your 2nd reply was a bit foolish, profitable..but foolish.
a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'd ask if there is room for two and snuggle up...

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Put it back where you found it

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   
First asses the situation, is it someone passed out drunk or high, someone just sleeping on the foot path or where ever, could it be a setup or someone legitimately in trouble? Are they still breathing? Should be able to see some movement unless it is very shallow breathing.

Approach from the head or the feet, in case there is a knife hidden in their hands or near by. Can you see their hands and if they are holding something?

Start talking to them, 'are you alright?', raise your voice if no response. Give them a bit of a shake if still nothing. Maybe they just need to sleep it off, maybe need $10 to get something to eat? Maybe try some first aid if still unresponsive and call 911.

With the way the economy is going, homelessness is going to be on the rise. With the way the jab is going, strokes are on the rise as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Make sure its a body and not a hooman in dire need.

It it is a body, then alert the authorities.

This is the best answer. If you administer CPR or do any common sense life saving efforts, you likely will be sent off to jail for some stupid-assed law nobody knows about. Then you have to worry about becoming ill due to whatever took the person out. So if you see a person in help, call the proper authorities to deal with it, use your tax paid dollars to fix the situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Yell at them asking if they need assistance. If no response I would check for a pulse and call 911 and start CPR. Unless they had blood coming out of their mouth or something or were clearly deceased.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Did you find a body ? …. My reaction and how I would help would depend on the condition of the body ….. meaning , someone passed out , needs an ambulance … Vs …. A bloody ,hacked up body with a zodiac sign drawn above it .

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I think the question you ask is pretty loaded...

"If you are walking down the road and you see a body laying there, what do you do?"

I think we can agree that we all would try and help our fellow-man, it's in our nature.

But the context is missing from this question....where is this person laying?

This is America. I've seen street corners in Somalia with more appeal...

You are not going to check on these people for a pulse, non of us are, drive through on of these streets will make you want to not look at all out of shame..

Take away the jobs with lock downs, take away the homes for not being able to pay rent and give the prescription-drug addicted nation Fentanyl and you have yourself a problem.

Seeing a body in the road and ignoring it has nothing to do with your level of humanity but with your sense of self-preservation sadly.

The system is broke and needs some serious attention.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join