It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The crazy politicizing of Ivermectin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ivermectin has become the new super-trigger for lefties. Back when Trump suggested hydroxychloroquine as a possible covid treatment, there were people saying they would refuse the drug, even if it was proven effective as a covid treatment. Because Trump promoted it. Yes, that really happened.

While listening to talk radio last night, I heard a far-left liberal guest get super-triggered when Ivermectin was mentioned. I thought his head was gonna explode. He ranted about "the idiots" who believe the "Ivermectin story being pushed by the right-wingers". Some of those who believe the "Ivermectin story":
Ignorant hicks from Oklahoma, "crazy" Joe Rogan, "crazy" Robert Kennedy Jr., neanderthals, senate Republicans and Trumpers.

You can't find a leftie celebrity who hasn't jumped on the Ivermectin=bad bandwagon. All the news anchors, virtue-signalling actors, and talk show libtards are screeching their anti-Ivermectin rants. Even the FDA is mocking the ignorant hicks who are considering Ivermectin.
A prominent researcher suggested that if doctors made Ivermectin available, then people wouldn't be buying it at livestock feed stores.
In an apparent attempt to appeal to bumpkins and yokels, the FDA tweeted: Ya'll stop it. But despite the CDC and FDA mocking Ivermectin, judges have forced hospitals to administer it.

Apparently, a crusade has been launched against Joe Rogan. The left has declared war. An actor named Michael Rapaport launched a video mocking Rogan, saying that Rogan used "barbituates, cat piss, and athletes foot cream, which he rubbed on his teeth". Rapaport's goofy segment begins at 2:25.
(Rapaport is a nut-job who has been arrested for stalking and harassing women)

I could go on for hours, but you get the picture. I'll leave you with this:

Amazing! YouTube hasn't pulled this video:

Dr Vijaya Viswanathan began her interview with these challenging questioins: "Is the world getting the best science-based solutions for Covid-19? Or are there vested interests with deep pockets controlling the discourse? Are the agencies we rely on for human welfare, like the WHO, the CDC, the NIH, the FDA and Heads of State, actually responsible for the millions of deaths during the pandemic?"

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well.....I got a bottle prescribed for myself and my kiddos. It is the human pill form, not the liquid injectable animal one folks seem to think is what everyone is talking about

I have done the research and spoken to my doc about it and found that he has some for his family at home as well.

Anywho....folks can argue all they want about what it can do, but real doctors use it and real doctors will talk to you about it. It is perfectly safe to use and has been around for decades. It is used to treat almost every refugee from another country for parasites as well...

I'd be willing to bet most every politician has some on hand as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The way people are responding to the ivermectin hullabaloo is ridiculous. EVERYONE is acting tribal. What does the science say?

Well, there was a study done in Egypt stating there was a benefit. Except...

www.theguardian.com...

Whole chunks of the paper were plagiarized. Data seems falsified. Not a good look.

And then...

Canadians conducted a trial of 1500 people with ivermectin in brazil to treat covid. It had no affect whatsoever:

www.msn.com...

I know. I know. MSN. However, there's a really, really important note in there:

I've had enough abuse and so have the other clinical trialists doing Ivermectin. Others working in this area have been threatened, their families have been threatened, they've been defamed.

Scientists and doctors legitimately trying to test treatments, including ivermectin, are being threatened. IDK if this because people feel threatened by someone exploring an option or if people are angry over the result. Does it really matter?

This is wildly unacceptable. We are not 5 year olds or a band of chimps screeching at each other and slinging shbt.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I would recommend reading this study before you start taking ivermectin or giving it to your kids.

Eff ects of Ivermectin therapy on the sperm functions of Nigerian onchocerciasis patients

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

I would recommend reading this study before you start taking ivermectin or giving it to your kids.

Eff ects of Ivermectin therapy on the sperm functions of Nigerian onchocerciasis patients

Wow Africans are taking horse paste??!! THEY ARE NOT HORSES! WHY ARE THEY EATING HORSE PASTE ALL OVER AFRICA???

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

Briefly read through it. I don't need to worry about it as I'm not having any more kids and both my kids are girls.

This was also a study that specifically tested onchocerciasis patients and the dosages are much higher than what I would be using it for.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder....

If I identify as a horse, will the left support me taking Ivermectin if I want to?

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

We most certainly are a band of chimps. We just have better toys than they do.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I wonder....

If I identify as a horse, will the left support me taking Ivermectin if I want to?

Nah...you have to say you are dating a horse and are making sure your true love stays healthy. You'd probably have a gofundme set up immediately with thousands pouring in for support.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I wonder....

That's funny! I was thinking that there are probably some lefties out there who own horses, and won't give them Ivermectin now, because of the ivermectin=bad narrative. That's how insane these people are.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I wonder....

Possibly. But only if you are a transgender lesbian Arabian Taliban horse who identifies as...Karla.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I think you may find that the reason a vast majority of the people refused to take the Hydro was because there was absolutely no evidence that it helped in any way whatsoever in combatting Covid.....

Nice attempt at a straw man argument though...

Trump was only the reason because he still tried to push it even though he wasn't qualified to do so...

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I think you may find that the reason a vast majority of the people refused to take the Hydro was because there was absolutely no evidence that it helped in any way whatsoever in combatting Covid.....

Hydroxychloroquine is effective, and consistently so when provided early, for COVID-19: a systematic review

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Do a little research on what they have done to doctors who have come up with natural cures for cancer. Holy Hell! Loss of licenses, persecution, prosecution (legal prosecution) over and over and over (like 50+ times on one person), jail, prison, and I wouldn't be surprised, death.

And we're not talking about quacks here. One guy won the Nobel Prize in Medicine twice! TWICE! But God forbid you realize that if you simply take this thing that grows on a tree or do this simple thing your cancer can't live in the body. Wait! All that stuff is free and you have a 98% curative rate! Didn't you get the memo, we don't cure cancer, there's no money in that.

There is a thing called Bitter Almonds (almost sure I'm right about what I'm writing, but if I get anything wrong the premise still stands, I just might mess up some of the particulars). Anyway, this almost produces a vitamin that is a B vitamin variant (not always a bad word...variant). I believe it was B17 but I could be wrong. Regardless, the person who found this vitamin also won a Nobel for its discovery. They found this thing knocked the s### outa cancer, so what did the FDA do? They outlawed bitter almonds. Well, people wisened up when they did this because, why? So the FDA had to backtrack and removed the restriction on these curative almonds, BUT!!! required that they all must undergo pasteurization. Guess what vitamin pasteurization removes from the almonds. I'm not even going to answer, I'm just going to let you guess (but I will give a hint, it is the exact vitamin that treats cancer and it starts with a B).

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well.....I got a bottle prescribed for myself and my kiddos. It is the human pill form, not the liquid injectable animal one folks seem to think is what everyone is talking about

I have done the research and spoken to my doc about it and found that he has some for his family at home as well.

Anywho....folks can argue all they want about what it can do, but real doctors use it and real doctors will talk to you about it. It is perfectly safe to use and has been around for decades. It is used to treat almost every refugee from another country for parasites as well...

Your doc had some at home? For treating Covid, or parasites? Genuine question.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Mostly conjecture...

It says that some cases may have improved, some certainly didn't, and some were made worse...

Certainly not proof...

A lot of "hypothesising" going on in there as well... I want facts, not hypothesis...

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
When you go get a Kung flu test and it’s positive what medicine do they give you?

They should give you everything that joe Rogan took plus Hydroxychloroquine. What they do is send you home and tell you to come back when you need a ventilator.

Treat the gd symptoms.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Your doc had some at home? For treating Covid, or parasites? Genuine question.

Yes, and covid. Not as a preventative from catching covid, as a treatment for symptoms if caught.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Is also the paste one, for hoses, I have that one, will use it as needed if I feel coming down with covid.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Its all a battle of information sources.

However, this is potentiated by an absolutely zealous devotion to the Narrative on the side most call "the left." Their sources say ivermectin is horse dewormer/horse paste, and that is what they will run with. The manipulation tends to have focal points that preclude further thought, and there is not only a rejection of conflicting information.. but an automatic rejection and categorization of anyone that isnt repeating the mantra(s) that they are.

In the current context, this will typically involve mentioning Trump as a signal.

Its just round 2 of hydroxychloroquine. Their sources said it doesnt work, therefore anything that says differently is wrong and you are crazy for believing it. Period, end of story. Other side says its the most miraculous thing ever discovered, and will increase member size and bedroom stamina.

This video has been making the rounds, but skip to 10:30 in reference to "waves of terror." This same technique can be used with other emotions too, but they are all in the same wheelhouse as fear (anger, etc.).

People are mainly fighting over media articles nowadays. They have absolutely no idea how to read a white paper, and many will go even further and claim that one needs a certain degree to be able to intepret results in any way. The very problematic aspect of this is that some of these media articles are backed by spurious "studies" or "research" that are taken as gospel. We saw this with hydroxychloroquine, where the often touted "debunking studies" were literal garbage and had no place whatsoever in even the same breath as medical science.

They were outright propaganda, some of which have long since been retracted. But, the damage is done and we see exactly the same thing with ivermectin. The story of the doctor claiming that GSW victims had to be turned away because they were overwhelming medical capacity was "corrected," but the damage is done. Most people will never hear the correction, and those that do already have the behavioral response that was desired which will enable an even higher degree of reaction to the next story.

Welcome to 4th and 5th gen warfare

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join