It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Bitchute?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
BitChute is where creators go when Youtube deems them in violation of Google's ever-changing, arbitrary, and capricious "community guidelines". Even innocuous and tame creators like the body-language lady was booted from PooTube and had to find safe harbor over at BitChute.

edit on 7-9-2021 by BlackKat because: typos

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
...but if there's no moderation of any kind...

Still baffled by the notion someone else needs to do the 'thinking' for you.

The meme "I read it on the internet," while funny, was also a cautionary warning.

If you're willing to abdicate your own judgement, what else are you willing to abdicate?

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Nope.

You are intentionally trying to miss my point to distract from the fact that you know as well as I do that bitchute is an embarrassing cesspit of misinformation and propaganda that's as bad if not worse than the main stream media it's supposed to be an alternative to.

It's utter trash.

a reply to: loam

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You know what they say about horses and water...

Cite me a single MSM source that hasn't become an "embarrassing cesspit of misinformation and propaganda".

I'll wait.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

...but if there's no moderation of any kind...

Still baffled by the notion someone else needs to do the 'thinking' for you.

The meme "I read it on the internet," while funny, was also a cautionary warning.

If you're willing to abdicate your own judgement, what else are you willing to abdicate?

It's less an issue of having other people doing your thinking for you, and more an issue of being able to be confident that the information that you're basing your decisions on is accurate.

If you look on bitchute there are a lot of videos by people who claim to have a lot of letters after their name, and who claim to have a lot of experience in the subjects that they are talking about. They present these really well made videos that seem to explain complicated topics in simple terms. And which paint an absolutely terrifying picture.

Only, they're complete garbage.

Your average man on the street barely knows the difference between a virus and a bacteria. As evidenced by the number of threads on this forum with people who think that anti-biotic residence and viral mutation are remotely similar processes.

Somebody needs to separate the good in formation from the bad, because half the population simply doesn't have the subject knowledge to do it themselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

You know what they say about horses and water...

Cite me a single MSM source that hasn't become an "embarrassing cesspit of misinformation and propaganda".

I'll wait.

The problem isn't the MSM, it's how you personally define "embarrassing cesspit of misinformation and propaganda".

I'd cite the BBC world service, but I suspect that you'd jump up and down and call it a commie rag.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bitchute does have some good content.
Have a look.
Free Music

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Somebody needs to separate the good in formation from the bad, because half the population simply doesn't have the subject knowledge to do it themselves.

And therein lies the difference between an authoritarian world view and one that opposes it.

The former is the rule, while the latter the exception.

Good luck with thinking you're doing anything novel.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'd cite the BBC world service, but I suspect that you'd jump up and down and call it a commie rag.

Not necessarily "a commie rag", but certainly propaganda.

No jumping up and down from me. It would be like disputing one's favorite color.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

And therein lies the difference between an authoritarian world view and one that opposes it.

From my perspective, taking advantage of people's ignorance in order to trick them into following your agenda is something that's also inherent with authoritarianism.

The people behind these videos are doing pulling absolute classic, dividing people into "them" and "us" using fear and hatred to draw in supporters and to set them against an opponent of their choosing.

Allowing people access to untainted information will ultimately free them, not imprison them, because they will have the knowledge necessary make their own educated decisions.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not necessarily "a commie rag", but certainly propaganda.

No jumping up and down from me. It would be like disputing one's favorite color.

You think that anti-vaxxer videos on bitchute are impartial. I doubt very much that any source that I could get behind would meet your approval.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I just said they were both as bad as each other.

a reply to: loam

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeventhChapter

originally posted by: musicismagic
I was being programmed that Bitchut was all fake news. So yes, being told over and over again its fake, well, it worked for me.
Thanks for clearing that up. Now , time for morning coffee.

You’d be surprised how many mindless zombies fall for this propaganda technique. Unfortunately it’s proved to be very effective.

Well, you fall for it every time, so - yes- I'd agree with you. Not in a good way, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

From my perspective, taking advantage of people's ignorance in order to trick them into following your agenda is something that's also inherent with authoritarianism.

Roger. But your approach would eliminate a person's fighting chance to decide on their own, while also eliminating the necessity for the authoritarian to fight those pesky sources not in lock-step with the 'official' narrative.

"...untainted information..."

In other words, unicorns, dragons and flying pixies.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You think that anti-vaxxer videos on bitchute are impartial.

Stop converting what I have said into something I did not.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I was being programmed that Bitchut was all fake news. So yes, being told over and over again its fake, well, it worked for me.

You’d be surprised how many mindless zombies fall for this propaganda technique. Unfortunately it’s proved to be very effective.

Well, you fall for it every time, so - yes- I'd agree with you. Not in a good way, though.

I’m not comfortable living in a CCP-style top-down-authoritarian controlled world. You apparently are. That’s your choice. I can tell you’ll fit right in, in fact, your social credit score is probably already through the roof.

But getting back to the premise, I really think you should reconsider the next time you smear the platform in which the content is delivered. Just because it’s not as censored as you’d like doesn’t make your argument any stronger in regards to the content you disagree with.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of censorship but I'm also not a fan of outright lies portrayed as the truth.

Could you give me some examples of videos on bitchute that have been censored on YouTube or Facebook so I can see that it's actually censorship and not just them banning outright lying arseholes looking to gain ad revenue from morons?

a reply to: SeventhChapter

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That’s what you’ve done though on many threads here and you’ve been called out for it. You have battled to seperate the vaxxed and unvaxxed and for them to have different rights. You’re the one pushing and supporting authoritarianism.

The people behind these videos are doing pulling absolute classic, dividing people into "them" and "us" using fear and hatred to draw in supporters and to set them against an opponent of their choosing.

Allowing people access to untainted information will ultimately free them, not imprison them, because they will have the knowledge necessary make their own educated decisions.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of censorship but I'm also not a fan of outright lies portrayed as the truth.

Could you give me some examples of videos on bitchute that have been censored on YouTube or Facebook so I can see that it's actually censorship and not just them banning outright lying arseholes looking to gain ad revenue from morons?

a reply to: SeventhChapter

But you’re very comfortable clutching the lies you believe as truth and refuse to accept otherwise. What you’ve accepted as truth can be, and probably are outright lies.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I’m not comfortable living in a CCP-style top-down-authoritarian controlled world. You apparently are. That’s your choice. I can tell you’ll fit right in, in fact, your social credit score is probably already through the roof.

But getting back to the premise, I really think you should reconsider the next time you smear the platform in which the content is delivered. Just because it’s not as censored as you’d like doesn’t make your argument any stronger in regards to the content you disagree with.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Yet you quite happily "smear" me?

Your double standards are there for all to see.

Apart from you, apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join