It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Bitchute?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SeventhChapter

In relation to the psychic driving issue, I noticed this long ago.
I decided to do a quick check on an issue being pushed as fake news by the MSM and corporate social media sites (I can't remember exactly what it was but that is irrelevant anyway). I googled the topic and added "Fact Check" into the search and up popped a multitude of "Fact Checking" websites. A cursory look at the first dozen or so told me everything I needed to know as the narrative, to the letter, on each site was a clear cut and paste from one to the next!

So, persons unknown had obviously set up multiple "fact checking" websites and then just pasted the same information on each one. Very sloppy work indeed, however for anyone wishing to check the details of the particular story and not paying too much attention, the impression they would get would be that that view was the consensus. In other words, control of the narrative through fake websites and fake posters, which the social media sites are riddled with.

Control of information in the propaganda world is the key!

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I've called out bitchute on a number of occasions for sharing what is clearly nonsense.

I must admit that I've only really seen it in links here on ATS and a good portion of the threads I've been involved in have ended up in the hoax or lol forums.

I understand that bitchute is merely a platform but if there's no moderation of any kind then it's always going to get a reputation for posting nonsense, lies and hoaxers.

I'm sure there's some really decent stuff on there but I've not seen anything yet.

It's not up to the platform to tell you what to think.. That is on you. If you want to believe any old thing, go for it. If you want facts, based on something you've seen, YOU RESEARCH IT YOURSELF.

Stop relying on others to TELL you what to think.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   

So you need someone to tell you what to think.. that's what you're saying.

incredible...

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: chr0naut

Bitchute is a totally unmoderated site where anyone can say anything in a short video.

Some people think that this means there is some significance in what is posted there but clearly, it just means that 98% of it is bullchute.

If you wanted to get truth or fact off the Internet, the last place you would go is where people can say anything that comes into their heads.

Right! Much better to let some big tech oligopoly tell you what's "safe." Please don't think for yourself. That'd be dangerous. We do not need people doing that!

Thankfully, there are smart people like Mark Zuckerberg who can do your thinking for you.

You see, that is how little you actually think about things.

You assume that because I disregard a totally unmoderated video posting service, that I must therefore totally accept some equally dubious media site, and especially social media?

What about encyclopedias? and textbooks? and the publications of academic institutions? and scientific publications? and people whose jobs, and income, are dependent upon the information they give out being factual?

Why would anyone in their right mind trust ANY non-credible source?

edit on 7/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

if only encyclopedias had relevant topics on current events. Dubious or not, it's still your responsibility to do your own research.

Bitchute hosts videos, it does not produce them. If you walk to the shops and talk to someone, and they start talking about how the earth is flat, you don't then say the shops are terrible because someone once told you the earth was flat. Then tell everyone else how bad the shops are. You say "Well that guy was a fruit loop..." and ignore him.

Damn, my signature is appropriate sometimes.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I'm all for there being alternative sources of information, and I'm generally against censorship... But there are user on here posting links to videos making blatantly false claims about things that deny the laws of physics and biology.

It's all well and good having a platform where you can post opinion pieces without being deleted by the PC brigade but a line needs to be drawn somewhere, and videos that claim that standing close to vaxxed people can make you miscarry at the very least need a stern fact check warning because they create unnecessary fear and can have real world implications.

I'm sick and tired of bring locked down because a bunch of people online are terrifying the gullible into risky behaviors.

If people masked up and socially distence, and vaxxed, this pandemic would have been over by now.

Where I live we had a massive delta spike because people who listened to online garbage got together and had a bunch of private parties. No masks no vaxxing, no nothing

Who knows how many dead later we're still recovering, and all because of this small group who super spread covid to their families, and then sent their kids to school with it.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

I've called out bitchute on a number of occasions for sharing what is clearly nonsense.

I must admit that I've only really seen it in links here on ATS and a good portion of the threads I've been involved in have ended up in the hoax or lol forums.

I understand that bitchute is merely a platform but if there's no moderation of any kind then it's always going to get a reputation for posting nonsense, lies and hoaxers.

I'm sure there's some really decent stuff on there but I've not seen anything yet.

It's not up to the platform to tell you what to think.. That is on you. If you want to believe any old thing, go for it. If you want facts, based on something you've seen, YOU RESEARCH IT YOURSELF.

You should heed your own advice.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

if only encyclopedias had relevant topics on current events. Dubious or not, it's still your responsibility to do your own research.

Bitchute hosts videos, it does not produce them. If you walk to the shops and talk to someone, and they start talking about how the earth is flat, you don't then say the shops are terrible because someone once told you the earth was flat. Then tell everyone else how bad the shops are. You say "Well that guy was a fruit loop..." and ignore him.

I think what people are saying is that bitchute lacks editorial oversight.

It's like going into a store and finding that every other shelf has a bunch of Dildo on it. Dildo that were rejected by the sex shop down the street because they give you herpes.

So, when somebody posts a bitchute link all I can think of is the heroes dildo.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Yes, but I was identifying most Bitchute postings as being as informational as that froot-loop out the front of the shop.

The media platform doesn't validate the data one iota. It is inherently unreliable.

Can you provide me one reason why I should believe that what happens there (on Bitchute) is credible?

If you can't, then by process of 'actually thinking about things', you probably shouldn't arbitrarily grant credibility to it, should you, because that is an un-thinking and un-reasoned thing to do.

edit on 7/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If YouTube remove videos which they deem misinformation then any video not removed must be true??

If a video has not been removed from YouTube and is still there 4 months after posting .....does that mean it is reliable information?

Would any bitchute hater watch a YouTube video and believe it.....?

I have one for you to watch if you like (just ask and I will post it).
edit on 7-9-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I didn't think they would be able to brainwash people into wanting to give up free speech. man was i wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   

The problem is that people ARE doing research, and they are coming across dozens of highly inaccurate articles on platforms like bitchute by people claiming to be scientists who are presenting plausible sounding arguments with professional looking videos.

People are trying to think for themselves and trying to educate themselves, but are being given terrible information that looks legitimate.

Imagine if you were researching racism and you kept coming across hundreds of websites all saying that white people were inherently racist by people claiming to be historians who had these fancy homepages telling you how the average white person used the N word 5 times a day.

If you didn't know much about racism you might believe that this is true. When in fact these are all BLM sites spreading fake statistics.

Well it is the same with covid. People who aren't scientists are seeing video from people clawing that they are which are spouting misinformation, and people can't tell what is fake and what is true.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
So if a video is still on YouTube 4 months after posting .......is it truth?

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Occultism is fake, Satanic Ritual Abuse is fake, Magick is fake

When I hear those types of things red flags go up, the media are schemers, once you know that it's easy to find truth... Look for the stuff they are banning and gaslighting.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If you'd read the entire thread you'd see that I said I don't consider YouTube a valid form of evidence either

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

You should heed your own advice.

Explain your comment to me, in words an adult can understand, please.

I'll help. I do my research. Now, you go.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If bitchute is full of mainly bollocks then why would I bother even going there?

It's just opinion and misinformation as far as I can see.

Pretty right wing and verging on the absurd by the looks of the homepage when I looked.

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Then you don't buy that dildo.

Just because there are dildos everywhere, doesn't mean it's all dildos.

You dig for gold, no? you mine for diamonds?

"Nah, it's all just dirt mate, pfft, this place sucks, lets go to Argyle's and buy one of those fake rocks.."

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I don't need anyone to do that.

It's quite handy if someone goes on ahead and filters out the absolute crackpots and blatant misinformation though as far as I'm concerned.

With freedom of speech comes the right of any old idiot to talk any old bollocks and present it as fact sadly

a reply to: jerich0

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Sadly my friend, we live in reality. For every piece of information you have, there will be disingenuous people telling you otherwise. Mad people, insane people, or just people who don't know better.

If you want it all cut and dried for you, it's not going to happen. You do your own research. If something comes across your path and you think "Bah humbug, but...." then look into it, if it falls flat, you did a good job of educating yourself. If it becomes apparent that there is something to it, then you keep looking.

No one is going to spoon feed you anything. And if you expect them to, then you're one of those people above who are either mad, insane, or just don't know better.

it's really a simple as that. The book doesn't tell the story, the pages inside hold the words you read.

"These books are all rubbish. Where is someone who can tell me with authority how the story ended..."

edit on 7-9-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join