It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been up close with a ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Th're art a numb'r of rep'rts of ghostly sightings. Many of those folk can actually beest did explain by natural phenomena, beest t physical 'r psychological.

an example is at which hour the corse detects infrasound, which is soundeth yond thee can not heareth, thee can has't a senseth yond something is th're with thee and a stout humour of paranoia. Furth'rm're, if 't be true a soundeth waft 'round 18hz contacts our eyes, those gents shall resonate. The brain shall gen'rally int'rpret this is shadows moving 'round in thy p'riph'ral vision. That’s not valorous at which hour you’re already paranoid. What can causeth this? many things can, enwheeling ceiling fans, vehicles, and m're.

anoth'r example is carbon monoxide poisoning. This leads to pressure, lacking valor feelings, audio hallucinations. Then toxic mold can causeth visual hallucinations which art oft did accompany by a pins and needles humour and a senseth of dread. Seeth a ingraft thread h're? outside but natural phenomena.

one yond is m're sore to und'rstand is humanoid apparitions which seemeth out of timeth. These art oft hath called residual hauntings. I’ll cov'r these in anoth'r chapt'r on drops of sorrow in reality.

of course those who is't accepteth religious views can state yond these beings art eith'r angels 'r demons, and those who is't accepteth simulation hypothesis can bringeth in video game style avatars, downloadable content, hack'rs, and backeth to yond cam'ra the'ry.

Howev'r t wilt beest hath said yond cam'ra the'ry specifically can only pray pardon me 'rbs. This is in addition to the much m're likely particles of dusteth in the air which art likely in creepy fusty places being did stir up. Combine yond with oth'r fact'rs and thee has't yourself a simple haunting

edit on 3-9-2021 by EncounteRreport because: I shan't say

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yes I have. In the house I live in I have seen 3 different ones. First is a cat that I think followed my wife when she moved out here. I would see the shadow of a black cat on the cat tree or something. Neither of my cats are around the area at the time. I would also feel a cat rub on my leg in passing. At this time I could see both of my cats sleeping. Another is I had a dog put down just over a year ago. Shortly after I was coming in the house on a sunny day. When I opened the door a shadow of a dog ran to greet me. Also I will hear him scratch at the door to be let in at times. When I open the door nothing is there. I have also seen people ghosts in the past. It's really not all that odd. Some people are more in tune with that part of the world around us.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

V'ry valorous. I has't been studying this topic f'r years anon

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I sure have....I have seen a large group of shadow people just wandering around my old apartment.....

There were tall ones and short ones, they were all walking in different directions and seemed non threatening and unaware of me.....

Then later I saw a full blown demonic old hag entity in my reflection grabbing my shoulder and pushing me into the ground.....

That part was terrifying so I grabbed my Bible and used the name of Jesus and they all disappeared and I went to sleep....

I was sleep deprived and it can be argued these were hallucinations but it was very real for me....

One of my most fascinating experiences....I have written about this quite a bit in the past...
edit on 3-9-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have, but I dont believe in ghosts.

I put it down to a childhood fever. Was weird however.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EncounteRreport

The spirit of my mother, an angel/spirit

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Ahh, we tarry not long upon this mortal pale yet see we be by those whose ancient eye but a glimpse of our passing doth catch upon we through this veil must make the corruptible think whom do think it be real.

Sorry can't catch your broken style though it seem archaic and inspired by and older English version but it would give most automatic reading programs a lot of trouble.

To answer your questions, plenty but perhaps my reality is subjective or was it real.

Black entity's that emanated pure evil malice, like three dimensional shadows with over sized heads, stocky body's and short limb's with tiny red eye's, they were semi transparent but seemed to swallow the light even there eye's and came from an old capped off mine shaft toward me in the old industrial mining town I used to live in late one night as I was on my way through a green area, from over the dual carriageway (like a short freeway but only two double lanes and only about a mile or so long from one end to the other connecting two industrial estates in the town) were there was an old folk's home I saw mist like form's, there was already a low mist but these were different and the front of them was upright like a person made of white or grey mist there arm's outstretched and from the waist down trailing in the mist there lower half was not distinct, they swept over the road, over the field and hit these five shadow beings swirling around them and as more and more of them hit these shadow's this crowd of wraith like human souls drove these demon's (I personally think they were vile gestalt made up of very bad people whom had pooled there strength and lost there identity in the process basically devouring themselves into the evil gestalt beings) back away from me, I was terrified but have NEVER run away and stood my ground holding an old Anglican prayer book decades old my mother had given me that had a silver cross on the binding out at these things.

Years before in a particularly troubled part of my youth I had stood there and shouted abuse at the devil for ruining my life as I tend to blame that piece of work for most things that go wrong, that night these thing's had said to me laughing in voices like old woman "He's coming, He's bringing a sword", the following day I had reason to walk that way again, don't ask I had seen and heard other things so this did not scare me sufficiently and after this I even tried to hunt those five down not that being a physical being (at the moment) I could at that time do anything to them but I made sure they knew that if God allowed when my time came I would find them and drag them to there proper place for what they had done.

That following day before I made my angry threats which I have since dropped as God will deal with devil's and that is NOT our job it is the job of the Angel's to do and the saint's if they will help us, I felt a sensation much like being stabbed in my emotional heart, not my physical one but were you feel your emotions somewhere between your physical heart and your throat, it was like being stabbed very fast, repeatedly by what felt like a knitting needle and my emotions then died or were so numb I could not feel them, I have never recovered them but it was like being dead but alive, no sense other than your body, no feeling of love and happiness but oddly I found that negative emotions like sorrow were still there so ensued a period of extreme depression and semi madness.

On another occasion I had a window open in my head some call it the third eye but it was not a third eye it was actually seeing somewhere else, a dry dusty reddish sandstone and sand desert with no water, a dry river bed full of rough stones and on the other bank scores of young men with deranged looking eye's staring at me but otherwise looking just like ordinary people despite the lack of any females among them, a voice said into my mind "Will you accept becoming a Medium" to which I answered NO as that is against my religion as a Christian and let's put it this way I am both male and no witch of Endor so had no wish to get roped into forbidden sorcery by yet another of the devil's trick's.

Though with some Chagrin I must admit if I had been any good at it I may have been minted now, but then again what profit it a man if he gain the whole world but lose his own soul?.

Let's put it this way I would NOT wish it on anyone, better to be oblivious to the other side until it is your time - so long as you live a good life and love God and your Neighbour that is.

Oh and let's not mention that time I was wearing a medallion with a Mary and Infant Jesus on it, something like a pillar of black smoke appeared in my room and I held out another prayer book, this time an old catholic prayer book over a hundred years old and I thought the thing had gone and about an hour or so later I walked through the very spot I had seen it, small room, and felt it jump into me, heard a voice scream then as it seemed falling away becoming feinter from below shout "I am going to get you you Bastard" and was overcome by a sense of Irony and a sick and twisted humour that was not my own, I sat down in shock and giggled, commented out loud about how it was suddenly cosily warm but also very itchy as this black shimmering pillar was hot but I had actually been extremely cold in that old house with it's broken central heating in the middle of winter when that happened and when I looked at the medallion it had turned jet black, all metals, crosses for a time after that turned black and gave me a rash but I refused to let some vile squatter live inside my own flesh so though metals still tarnish on me and often give me a rash they no longer turn black.

Years before that I was in my bed, never knew I had an undiagnosed heart condition and three times I found myself outside my body, the world I noticed was UNDER WATER but the street lights were still shining and I would force myself against an unseen current that was trying to take me somewhere else backwards and down, the first Time I fought against it and walked slowly through this treacle like underwater world and THROUGH the solid wall of our house toward the dark shape I knew was my body on my bed, waking I was gasping for breath and my head pounding then fell unconscious and was back out there but higher this time and closer to the house so repeated the same thing, third time I was inside the room and managed to force my way back to my body, whatever it was gave up at least for a while then and I went into a proper sleep.

Have seen objects move of there own accord among other things, demons are very real BUT so too is our Lord Jesus so keep faith in him.

edit on 3-9-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I owned a haunted house until 2005.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The house we lived in when that happened to me had three members of the same family die in it about 20 years prior to us moving in, always sensitive and my mother more so as she had once died on the operating table and seen the virgin Mary calling her up a mountain but turned back to defend her children so decided to stay in this world despite the terrible suffering she was going through at that time at the hands of an abusive and violent husband.

Here is a beautiful and inspiration movie to take away any negativity from this thread.

It's subtitled but I would challenge anyone not to shed a tear watching this lovely movie.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes.
Look at my name.

Every day and night for several months. As did my neighbors, right up until they moved out in fear. The most scary is when they walk around the bed at night ,and sit on it next to you, and your pittbull on the bed freaks out.

Or worse yet, materialize in human form, and look you in the eye and speak to you, they turn to vapor and disappear

PS: Those arent ghosts
edit on 3-9-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Did you get those night terrors were you would find you could not move then force yourself to and as you moved slowly as if under a great weight you would wake up gasping for air and with your head feeling hot often only to then fall back into an exhausted sleep, happened to me for over a decade.

It took a long time but after leaving that house it subsided - slowly - though I think whatever it was latched onto me until it got bored as I grew older.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My late father used to claim that he would see his mother quite a bit. I took care of my bed ridden father up to the day he passed. About two weeks or so before he passed, we had a discussion that went like this.

"Rob if and when I die would you mind if I came back to visit you?" I said Yes, by all means Dad, please do.

To this day he never has visited me as far as I know. I miss him dearly and wished he would have.
It's been 14 years, nothing.

I miss you Dad, and I could really use your advice right now in my life.

edit on 932021 by GuitaristRob because: TRUMP WON BIGLY!

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GuitaristRob

When they pass over they ALL of you, if your father loved you AND if he is allowed he is there but may be using his energy to protect your children or someone else but have no doubt if he can he will likely be watching over you.

So nothing.

Not a flickering electric light bulb, not a random scent of his aftershave, cigar or cigarette or even his favourite drink or something that just brings him to mind?, not an object falling off a shelf for no apparent reason or something you put there being instead over there little thing's like that can be them trying to tell you they are there but expecting them to appear full in the flesh is not going to happen except with God's help because his grace can grant them that.

There is more to life than this but even Jesus had to prove to Thomas it really was him by showing him the wound in his side and his hands.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Absolutely

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: GuitaristRob

When they pass over they ALL of you, if your father loved you AND if he is allowed he is there but may be using his energy to protect your children or someone else but have no doubt if he can he will likely be watching over you.

So nothing.

Not a flickering electric light bulb, not a random scent of his aftershave, cigar or cigarette or even his favourite drink or something that just brings him to mind?, not an object falling off a shelf for no apparent reason or something you put there being instead over there little thing's like that can be them trying to tell you they are there but expecting them to appear full in the flesh is not going to happen except with God's help because his grace can grant them that.

There is more to life than this but even Jesus had to prove to Thomas it really was him by showing him the wound in his side and his hands.
Well there might have been one thing actually. being out of work for so long taking care of my father. he mentioned to me that it might be a good job for me to setup beds and the hoyer( auto correct issue, bed lift HOYER) I would use to move him. Well after he passed and I relocated I did get a job at a medical supply source doing the exact thing. I only did it for a few months however. Was not my thing at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh yes, it happens frequently. Often I wake with my spirit guide Brad’s ethereal body pressed against mine in the early hours.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hey Lab,

I have been seeing spirits most of my life but when I died in 2012 and came back....I see almost e erything. My problem, they speak to me but I cannot hear what they are saying. Very frustrating....

I see both sides....

Real quick....most of the dead walk the earth, others got to paradise (not heaven) or hell.

So 3 places to go when you die
1. Roam the earth
2. Paradise
3. Hell

Sounds like your dad is in paradise. No earthly visitations allowed, very rare for someone in paradise to revisit the living. It's a rule

a reply to: LABTECH767

edit on 3-9-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It wasn't a ghost in the sense that it was a human being.

It looked like a much taller, thinner gray alien. With iris and pupils.

When i saw it with my eyes closed, it could recognize i could see it. It grinned at me with a toothless smile, looking down at me like i was a lab rat. I felt nothing but pure terror. When i opened my eyes, to my horror, it appeared momentarily as a gas like projection on my wall.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I used to be stationed at F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Cheyanne Wyoming (SAC Minuteman missile base). To give you a brief back story, the base was built in 1867, It used to be a cavalry fort. I have two true stories which happened to me personally, but I’ll just tell you about one of them today. One night while returning with my Wife to our house on base; from visiting friends, we walked in the house, my Wife sat on the sofa in the living room, and I went to turn the heater up. After adjusting the thermostat, I turned around, started walking towards where my Wife sat, and a dress came at me and through me. I tried to hit it with the jacket I was holding, but it went right through. As soon as it passed through me, I looked back and it was gone. I hadn’t had any alcohol to drink, and I wasn’t sleepy, so I was in my right mind when I say this. This happened in 1983, so it was a long time ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. The dress was one of those bell-shaped dresses that woman wore in the 1800’s. It was sort of a tan or beige color, I could see layers of lace going around the dress. It had short sleeves that were puffy at the end. As soon as this happened, I started to shake, and I couldn’t stop the tears. I just stared at my wife and crying like a baby.
She asked me what was wrong, but I couldn’t talk, no words would come out. She started laughing because she thought I was messing with her. When I was finally able to utter some tremulous words, I told her what had happened, and asked if she’d seen anything. She laughed again, and said, “I didn’t see anything”, and one of the living room lamps shut off and on. It had one of those little nobs that you have to turn in order to turn the light off and on, so you hear the clicking sound at the end. She started screaming and crying after she saw and heard the light, and I asked her again, “did you see anything”? and she said no, and the light did it again. That night we left our house and went to a friend’s house off base. After telling my friend and his Wife the story, he suggested that I call the base Chaplain; to see if he can bless the house or something. I called the Chaplain and he said that he would see me at my house the following day. When he got to my house the next day, he asked me to relate to him again, what had happened to me. Unbeknownst to me, the Chaplain had spoken with the Bases Catholic priest and told him to go to my house.

When the priest showed up, he sprinkled holly water in every room. I’m not Catholic, but I was so freaked out that I didn’t care if they flew in a witch doctor from Haiti to take care of this thing. After the priest left, he tried to start his brand-new Cadillac which he had just bought. The car wouldn’t start, so a few other people in the neighborhood tried to help him, but the car still didn’t start or even make a sound. They ended up pushing the car to a neighbor’s house a couple of houses down, because the neighbor had a battery charger and thought he could get the car started. Before they put the charger on the battery, the priest tried starting the car again and it started. I didn’t know anything about all this with the car until the next day when I went to my command building and was told the story. They offered me another house on base if I wanted to move, but I turned it down because to move out of a base house you had to perform a thorough cleaning. After the cleaning the house gets inspected, and it’s extremely difficult to pass that inspection, you usually had to hire a company that does that professionally. I would also have to move off base so I would have to wait until another house was available, which normally took months. The reason the military was so cooperative was that what happened to me was a common occurrence on that base. I didn’t know any of this at the time, but while at my office; I was regaled with story after story about the happenings on the base.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have seen two in my life, but I'll just tell the story of the first encounter because the other one isn't terribly interesting.

This was when I was 13 years old spending the Christmas holidays abroad in a rural part of France. I was staying with relatives of mine in their house, which was a very old farmhouse. One particular day, my cousins and I decided to stay inside for the day because it was snowing heavily. We spent most of the day just wasting time and horsing around. A little later in the afternoon, my older cousin and I went up into the attic together because she was looking for something, and I followed her because I was curious to see the attic. There was a lot of stuff up there that interested me like old books and some antique items. Once she found what she needed, I asked her if it was okay if I stayed up there for a while to look around. She giggled and said something to the effect of, "Why? It's just a bunch of old sh*t up here. But yeah, if you want to."

I spent about half an hour walking around looking at stuff until I happened upon some old book from the early 1800s that seemed intriguing. I sat down and read it for a little while before deciding that I wanted to take it back to my bedroom to read every night before bed. When I closed the book and went to stand up, my gaze immediately shifted over to a woman who was sitting in a chair on the left side of the room. This briefly startled me at first and made me gasp because I had never seen her before, and I didn't hear her come into the attic. She was wearing very old clothing, had long blonde hair, and she was quite pretty. She looked like she was somewhere between 25 and 30 years old. She didn't look solid though, and it's hard to explain exactly what I mean by that. She wasn't like the stereotypical Hollywoodized translucent ghost, but she had a certain opaqueness about her that tells you on an instinctual level that you're not looking at a living biological entity.

She smiled and said to me, "Désolé si je vous ai fait peur, ma chère." ("Sorry if I scared you, dear.")

At this point, I didn't feel any fear or apprehension at all; this apparition radiated a kind, warm, and positive energy that I could somehow feel right down to my core, and I felt safe in her presence. It was a very brief encounter. Around five seconds after she spoke, she stood up, walked about seven feet to the right of the room, and faded away mid-stride. I just silently sat there dumbfounded for a few minutes. When I left the attic, I was hesitant to tell anybody about what I saw, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. A few days later, I decided to privately ask my youngest cousin about it. She was 8 years old, and I figured that younger kids are usually a little more open to things like this and less judgmental than teenagers and adults.

To my surprise, she was quite candid about it. When I asked her if she had ever seen a lady who appears out of nowhere, she responded, "Do you mean the blonde lady?" When I nodded, she then said something to the effect of, "Yeah, I see her sometimes. It's okay, she's nice." She told me that she had been seeing her since she was about 5 years old. We didn't really talk much more about it, and I didn't tell anybody else what I had seen. It's something that will always vividly stick in my memory because it was so surreal, and I can still visualize her face when I close my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join