It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas abortion ban to take effect Wednesday; pro-aborts seeking last-minute block

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: dandandat2

You want me to be PC and "listen" to you, as if you're being sincere. But, labeling yourself "pro-abortion" is a good sign you're not. Nobody is really PRO- abortion, just like nobody is ANTI-life.

Abortions are messy, ugly and painful, not to mention expensive and inconvenient. They should be rare.

Nobody is going around saying, "Gee, I hope I can get an abortion, one day!" Or "I hope I get my wife pregnant so we can get her an abortion!"

When you say:

As a pro-abortion person my self, in good conscience if I am going to be upset about the new law in Texas, that does put young woman in a difficult position with no one to turn to for help, than I not only need to be upset with the extremists on the right that created this law; but also the tone deaf on the left that pushed them into needing to create pthe law in the first place.

You're sending the message that you don't really care about the women this law will hurt because "politics". You're fine with punishing women because of a political climate they themselves had nothing to do with.

There are no "new" intricacies" of abortion issues that are not already addressed in Roe V Wade.

Still arguing with your self?

Its exactly this attitude that causes communications to breakdown in a society. When you are more interested in winning an argument than opening dialog your opposition is going to do the same. If you put words in to the mouths of your opposition so that you can blind your self to all other opinions your opposition is going to do the same. And back and forth this brinkmanship will go until we start to see laws like the one in Taxes. You are just as much to blame for these laws as those who support it.

Maybe one day people like you will see the mistakes they are making and the world they are helping to create. I sure hope so; my kids have to live in this world too.

(post by Krakatoa removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Wow seriously? Her " whoring" lifestyle? You think abortion is used as birth control for whores?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Guess this little "whore" should just have her grandfather's baby. I mean what's a little inbreeding right? Keep it all in the family more your style?

A 13-year-old who was raped by her grandfather traveled hours across Texas to get an abortion. She wouldn't have been able to under the state's new 6-week ban.

Insider

(post by Krakatoa removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Does it matter if it's Sookie? What gives you the right to call any female here a whore? What gives you the right to make any judgements about any woman and what she may choose to do?

Also, that is not whataboutism. That is a real situation that will be encountered with this law.
edit on 5-9-2021 by frogs453 because: Added

(post by Sookiechacha removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'm still arguing that there is no compromise to be had with people who think that terminating a pregnancy at any moment after conception is murder.

I'm arguing that Roe V Wade is the best compromise between a total abortion ban and an abortion orgie free for all.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I'm still arguing that there is no compromise to be had with people who think that terminating a pregnancy at any moment after conception is murder.

I'm arguing that Roe V Wade is the best compromise between a total abortion ban and an abortion orgie free for all.

Does Roe v Wade allow for aborting in the 3rd trimester?

How is that a compromise?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

As does the Texas law SB-8, that we're currently debating.

edit on 5-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

And what govt entity is stopping that in that new TX law?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

And yet the Texas law does alow for abortions after conception. I realize you don't agree with the ban after detectable heart beat; however your argument still doesn't fit the current situation.

Yes maybe you can't compromise with people who think terminating a pregnancy at any moment after conception is murder. But that is a small minority of people; the rest of the pro-life people most likely feel they can not compromise with you because no matter what they have to say you ignore it and categorize them as being part of that small minority. You are hear in this thread trying to categorize me as part of this small minority; even though I am an athletes who has no major issues with abortion. Your side gives up on compromise, their side gives up on compromise, and what you both get is a tapestry of laws including the new law in Texas depending on who has more support in a particular location.

I will grant you that in 1973 Roe V Wade was the best compromise between a total abortion ban and an abortion orgie free for all. Its time to grow up from there and pass real laws that attempt to honestly deal with all the intricacies of abortion. Where for example both those kids who need to be protected from their parents and those kids who need to be protected by their parents get the protection they deserve (to bring back an earlier minor point).

I'll choose to find that compromise; and that starts with me being humble enough to realize I don't know everything and that people who have a different opinion than I do aren't monsters who deserve to be silenced. There really is no other path forward; unless we start exterminating all those we disagree with we will have to learn to live with them.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Temple of Satan has joined with Pro-Abortionists to scream and whine about Texas.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

And what govt entity is stopping that in that new TX law?

What?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Its time to grow up from there and pass real laws that attempt to honestly deal with all the intricacies of abortion.

What intricacies?

Where for example both those kids who need to be protected from their parents and those kids who need to be protected by their parents get the protection they deserve (to bring back an earlier minor point).

Roe V Wade doesn't address parental consent/notification. Individual states do.
reproductiverights.org...

If you have a problem with the way your state deals with minors, I suggest that you take up with your state lawmakers. And, I would advise you to make sure your daughters, and sons, know that they are safe coming to you with their "problem".

edit on 5-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It gave the states permission to regulate it. It recognized the states interest in the fetuses well being at that point. And, most states do regulate it, with the standard exemptions present. ... fetal abnormalities, life and health of mother, rape or incest.
Which exemption are you complaining about?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Its time to grow up from there and pass real laws that attempt to honestly deal with all the intricacies of abortion.

What intricacies?

Where for example both those kids who need to be protected from their parents and those kids who need to be protected by their parents get the protection they deserve (to bring back an earlier minor point).

Roe V Wade doesn't address parental consent/notification. Individual states do.
reproductiverights.org...

If you have a problem with the way your state deals with minors, I suggest that you take up with your state lawmakers. And, I would advise you to make sure your daughters, and sons, know that they are safe coming to you with their "problem".

If what you are saying is true then Roe V Wade isn't this grand compromise you were making it out to be earlier. Their are still plenty of topics that still need to be addressed and the only way to do so is to compromise; weather that be at the state or federal level.

Kids do stupid things no mater how safe they might feel coming to their parents for help. Feeling safe is just one issue; theirs also imbarsement and disappointment that can cause a child to hide things from their parents. Its human nature not to advertise your mistakes if you don't have too. Kids are especially vulnerable to this as they lack experience dealing with mistakes.
edit on 6-9-2021 by dandandat2 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

If what you are saying is true then Roe V Wade isn't this grand compromise you were making it out to be earlier.

Roe V Wade gives the states a lot of leverage. The people that want Roe V Wade overturned want that so that they can give all abortion issues over to the states. But, you have already said that you don't like your state's policy when it come to parental consent and notification. What makes you think that turning all abortion issues over to the states when/if Roe V Wade is overturned would result in better compromises that Roe V Wade does? (Rhetorical question)

Kids do stupid things no mater how safe they might feel coming to their parents for help.

So do parents. That's I why I advise that parents be proactive and open safe communications early, so everything isn't being handled with reactive shock when situations arise.

edit on 6-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Basic Sunday School lesson for Catholics Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden, from ArchBishop Cordileone..

San Francisco archbishop Salvatore Cordileone on Sunday shared a message to Catholics like President Joe Biden and House speaker Nancy Pelosi who have condemned Texas’s new abortion law: “You cannot be a good Catholic and support expanding a government-approved right to kill innocent human beings."
Source: www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Basic Sunday School lesson for Catholics Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden, from ArchBishop Cordileone..

San Francisco archbishop Salvatore Cordileone on Sunday shared a message to Catholics like President Joe Biden and House speaker Nancy Pelosi who have condemned Texas’s new abortion law: “You cannot be a good Catholic and support expanding a government-approved right to kill innocent human beings."
Source: www.nationalreview.com...

Considering the pedophile priests, and the coverup; I don't think the Catholic Church has much credibility when addressing morality. Do you?
edit on 6-9-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join