It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas abortion ban to take effect Wednesday; pro-aborts seeking last-minute block

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

There can be compromise on all topics.

Roe V Wade IS the compromise. It addresses women's rights and states' rights. It draws a line in the sand at viability, not conception, not implantation, not heart beat time, but at fetal viability.

For those who believe abortion is murder, the only line they'll accept is no abortion and no contraception that prevents implantation.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well, Texas has already lost its first domain for its whistle-blower website due to not following its terms of service.

tells The Verge that it violated “multiple provisions” of the site’s Terms of Service including Section 5.2, which reads:

You will not collect or harvest (or permit anyone else to collect or harvest) any User Content (as defined below) or any non-public or personally identifiable information about another User or any other person or entity without their express prior written consent.

There are other sources available but this one is not behind a paywall to view.
Verge

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What makes the prolife crowd think they have to fight for every inch they get though?
What part does all the misinformation play in them having that feeling?
Someone brought up a medical procedure that has been federally banned for quite some time. Partial birth abortion, which is what was described was banned by I believe the first pres bush. If not it was the second. It isn't happening! No one is murdering babies after they are born!! Most abortions occur in the first trimester. Once you are in the third trimester, those exceptions need to be met. In most states.
My position is pretty clear in my mind. Abortion is a tool in the drs toolbox if the need arises for him to use it. It is a medical procedure. I really doubt if many women are using it as a birth control method and if they are, they are abusing it. But like any other medical condition, if it becomes bothersome enough that it is affecting your ability to perform your daily routine badly enough, there is nothing wrong with terminating the pregnancy. Heck, if it will make the pro life crowd happier, we can just induce labor early and terminate the pregnancy with a premature birth and well give every fertilized egg a chance for life.
It really has nothing to do with what trimester it is or when one thinks it is a baby, or weather you think the women is responsible or not. It has to do with just how much the medical condition is affecting the women's health and preventing her from doing what would be considered abnormal daily routine for a women in a similar situation. How much her inability to perform will negatively affect those who are depending on her to perform.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453
Do you happen to know if the reports they were getting were publicly open for all to see?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I do not believe so. Similar to Mike Lindell's voter whistle-blower site. You just submit the info. It's not posted anywhere to view like Vaers for vaccinations.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Republicans get abortions too. It might not be a voting issue for them now, but if they were to be sued, I bet you anything it would become one.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
IT IS TRULY AMAZING how ANGRY liberals are, because Texas will not legally allow a woman to murder her unborn child!

It's like Satan is losing one of his favorite pastimes (causing moms to kill babies) and is using his people (Liberals) to lash out at society.

Check out this "Salon" article: www.salon.com...

PANIC to the point of irrationality.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
IT IS TRULY AMAZING how ANGRY liberals are, because Texas will not legally allow a woman to murder her unborn child!

It's like Satan is losing one of his favorite pastimes (causing moms to kill babies) and is using his people (Liberals) to lash out at society.

Check out this "Salon" article: www.salon.com...

PANIC to the point of irrationality.

Is it not all gods will.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

They absolutely know it's a living and breathing American life.

That's why they want to kill it.

These people are sick!

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   
We can all sit back and just think of texas as a giant petri dish... watch and see if it devolves linto a historical reenactment of what life was like pre-roe.
Huge orphanages with mass graves in their yards, hight maternal death rates, drowned babies being pulled from rivers, wonder just what drug will become mommy"s little helper this time.
There is really little difference between aborting a 5 or 6 week fertilized egg and using a birth control method that makes the uterus a hostile place for the fertilized egg to make a temporary home in as a backup plan. It wouldn't surprise me if they would go after many of the birth control methods next.

It wouldn't be an exact picture of what was I admit, but it would a learning experience into just what kind of world the conservative pro-life crowd would create if given full reign..

Just one thing. Should we really be trying to help people travel to states where it is legal? Or, should we try to preserve the integrity of our petri dish by those states that have legal abortion available not allowing abortions to be given to women from texas or any other state that follows their path unless it is a "medical emergency" or deals with a young incest victim. Maybe the federal govt can pass a law that keeps pregnant women in the country even so the rich and well off can't fly off to France to terminate their pregnancy. I mean, we have to have some control measures on our experiment don't we?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WIKDHOTSNOMAN

Browse through you tube, go to the right wing watch website and tell me just how many right wing talking heads, politicians, christian "prophets" are yapping about taking violent action, revolution, and bloodshed!!

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I strongly disagree with abortion. Though in some really specific case where the life of both the mother and womb are at stake in medical POV and you can only choose to save one then compromise could be considered. I think this is the only acceptable case for abortion, in my opinion. But still it'd be a very nightmarish choice to take for any sane parents
edit on 4-9-2021 by Paraxitologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   
That was unbelievably fast. A texas judge has blocked a lawsuit filed by a prolife group against planned parenthood.
How long has this law been in effect? Two days, maybe?? And somehow, this group has managed to get knowledge of an abortion, checked the integrity of the source, managed somehow to obtain the medical records to ensure it wasn't a "medical emergency" , write up the legal papers and file them at the courthouse, and have the decision come down!!
Bullcrap, poppycock!!
It is judicial harassment at it's finest!

link

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
That was unbelievably fast. A texas judge has blocked a lawsuit filed by a prolife group against planned parenthood.
How long has this law been in effect? Two days, maybe?? And somehow, this group has managed to get knowledge of an abortion, checked the integrity of the source, managed somehow to obtain the medical records to ensure it wasn't a "medical emergency" , write up the legal papers and file them at the courthouse, and have the decision come down!!
Bullcrap, poppycock!!
It is judicial harassment at it's finest!

link

Sounds like they just want to make money. It's stupid anyone can sue when it's not even any of their damn business.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe
They want to put planned parenthood out of business and they think the end justifies any means they can think of that might get that done.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Planned parenthood helps women with contraception. The idiots want women to be “responsible “ yet also want to make it harder for that. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

It really is. My daughters used planned parenthood for their gynecological needs. They really liked the doctors, they really like how they worked with them finding the best contraceptive for them with the least side effects as that varies widely among individuals. They also can offer better pricing. It's a shame they are so maligned. I can't imagine my 21 year old being accused of using them for an abortion and having to pay to defend herself in court because some religious zealot saw her go inside.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I used them whe I was young, they were fantastic.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If I women has a miscarriage after 6 weeks she’s gonna be terrified of her nosy neighbors and every religious nut job, as well as being heartbroken.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

And maybe not recieve the healthcare that the doctor would be inclined to give if he wasn't terrified of this law.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join