It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Resists COVID Hysteria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
The virus does not have a 99% survivability ratio. Nowhere in the world is the survivability rate that high. That figure is entirely false. It would also imply that 1 in 100 will die, which is not acceptable to me, or to anyone with an ounce of humanity.

1. Don't misrepresent what I said, because I choose my words very carefully. Please note that I said, "...a more-than 99% survivability rate for the average person," not a 99% survivability rate overall. The mean (another word for "average") age of humans on Earth is right at 30 years old, and the average 30-year-old is not wrought with comorbidities that make COVID very deadly to them. Since the mortality rate due to COVID-19 in both the 20-29 and the 30-39 age groups is well below 1%, then you can used that data to come to the conclusion that the average person has a more-than 99% survivability rate when it comes to COVID-19.

Please let me know what part of that you don't understand, and how the fact that I do understand it makes me 'breathtakingly ignorant.'

2. Nice attempt at a false dichotomy, trying to say that either someone has humanity and is okay with all of New Zealand's ridiculousness, or that they lack humanity altogether. That type of argument has no place in what should be a debate with logic and facts and is a transparently poor tactic in debating an issue.

3. Yes, many nations in the world have overreacted to what amounts to a highly survivable virus that we know plenty about. It was maybe possibly understandable in the early months, but right now we are educated enough to remove every single mandate and restriction and let human beings be human beings. Yes, viruses, bacteria, accidents, violence, and many more things take the lives of humans every year. But, pretending that it's sane and "not an overreaction, by a long shot" to put an island nation on lockdown because we are in the throes of a viral outbreak with "a more-than 99% survivability rate for the average person" is, like, well, your opinion, man. Others in your nation, as evidenced by the protests and less-dramatic comments and discussions from some of your countrypeeps, hold different opinions. I disagree with it also, because...well, hell, just read my Jefferson quote in my signature block in case you missed it the first time.

4. Have a wonderful day!
edit on 2-9-2021 by SlapMonkey because: I "niced it up" a bit, even though it wasn't deserving

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Possibly because your chances of getting covid or spreading it are reduced after vaccination.
Your chances of being seriously ill or dying or reduced even more.

Kindly show me the long term scientific test results for that...
...oh, wait...

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Kreeate

Me too. But I don't fall for all the eugenics, depopulation, sterilisation, microchipping Moonbat Crazy yapping on here. It's just me.

Why are they pushing it? Probably because they are just career politicians that have no clue how to deal with any crisis.

I prefer to follow the science. As best I can.

Same here, absolutely. I suspect that financial gain plays some part in it all. Just my "guess", I guess.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

Possibly because your chances of getting covid or spreading it are reduced after vaccination.

...oh, wait...

Me too. But I don't fall for all the eugenics, depopulation, sterilisation, microchipping Moonbat Crazy yapping on here. It's just me.

Why are they pushing it? Probably because they are just career politicians that have no clue how to deal with any crisis.

Same here, absolutely. I suspect that financial gain plays some part in it all. Just my "guess", I guess.

Here is some of the latest data from the UK showing how effective the vaccines are.

www.ons.gov.uk...

What do you feel you are waiting for?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Certainly there is financial gain for our beloved politicians over here like our Chancellor having a "Blind Trust" * which allegedly invests in Astra Zeneca and others who awarded PPE contracts in which they had personal interests etc.

* As in he does not have to disclose it.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

...oh, wait...

Here is some of the latest data from the UK showing how effective the vaccines are.

www.ons.gov.uk...

Really? From 7 December 2020 to 13 August 2021 in the UK only... you want to call that definitive, and long term scientific results?!
Come on mate... try again.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

AIER? For a start?

That was not me, that was Chalcedony. Please get your accusations straight or don't make them...you had two comments so far to get that right or to correct yourself.

If your just going to get all supercilious and insulting I will leave you to it.

You can troll your bait elsewhere. I'm not rising to it.

I don't think that you understand what trolling is...what have I said that was inaccurate? When have I written you a comment that wasn't thought-out and generally supported by evidence (other than my responses calling you out for ignoring the substance of my comments)? That's not trolling, nor am I acting superior to you, I'm just making points based on facts and reality. If you don't like how I communicate them...well, that's your issue, not mine.

So, a direct question: Are you going to answer my two questions from my previous post, or are you unwilling? It should be a fair trade since I answered your question...which had nothing to do with the substance of my comments. Also, you've dodged any substantive response since my first comment to you, and I've been on-topic with my line of discussion since then.

The weak link in communication is not me, here...I'm the one willing to make graphics, share graphs, answer your question, and stay on-topic and continue the discussion, even after you have repeatedly refused to directly respond to my points while saying that my comparison had nothing to do with the thread topic (which I showed you, it does).

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

...oh, wait...

www.ons.gov.uk...

Really? From 7 December 2020 to 13 August 2021 in the UK only... you want to call that definitive, and long term scientific results?!
Come on mate... try again.

Are you looking for results that span longer than the vaccine had been available. Can you see a possible issue with that?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for the vaccine. People should get all the help they can get and many people are in dire need of it.
I am however against propaganda and draconic enforcement of medical procedures that people do not want, to their eventual detriment.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Are you looking for results that span longer than the vaccine had been available. Can you see a possible issue with that?

lol... What I am saying is that the data is not quite in yet... Can you see the possible issue with that?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for the vaccine. People should get all the help they can get and many people are in dire need of it.
I am however against propaganda and draconic enforcement of medical procedures that people do not want, to their eventual detriment.

The evidence is fairly overwhelming that the vaccine is highly effective in preventing the more serious outcomes of covid.

The propoganda is the claim it isn't.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

lol... What I am saying is that the data is not quite in yet... Can you see the possible issue with that?

Based on what? There a multiple studies of various kinds showing how effective the vaccines are.

Just saying the data isn't in doesn't make it so.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The evidence is fairly overwhelming that the vaccine is highly effective in preventing the more serious outcomes of covid.

I have never claimed that the vaccine does not assist in reducing the effect of Covid-19.
The propaganda is that the vaccine is the "ultimate" solution to this virus, which it isn't.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

a reply to: SlapMonkey

AIER? For a start?

That was not me, that was Chalcedony. Please get your accusations straight or don't make them...you had two comments so far to get that right or to correct yourself.

If your just going to get all supercilious and insulting I will leave you to it.

You can troll your bait elsewhere. I'm not rising to it.

I don't think that you understand what trolling is...what have I said that was inaccurate? When have I written you a comment that wasn't thought-out and generally supported by evidence (other than my responses calling you out for ignoring the substance of my comments)? That's not trolling, nor am I acting superior to you, I'm just making points based on facts and reality. If you don't like how I communicate them...well, that's your issue, not mine.

So, a direct question: Are you going to answer my two questions from my previous post, or are you unwilling? It should be a fair trade since I answered your question...which had nothing to do with the substance of my comments. Also, you've dodged any substantive response since my first comment to you, and I've been on-topic with my line of discussion since then.

The weak link in communication is not me, here...I'm the one willing to make graphics, share graphs, answer your question, and stay on-topic and continue the discussion, even after you have repeatedly refused to directly respond to my points while saying that my comparison had nothing to do with the thread topic (which I showed you, it does).

So it was. I stand corrected.

But I do understand what trolling is. It's a fishing method whereby the trolling fisherperson tows a lure behind a moving boat hoping to get a bite.

Just saying, I ain't biting.

You claimed Sweden has managed to steer clear of the Vaxx as did the OP.

I called him out.

I have no interest in getting into your mind.

Try baiting another poster. You never know with fishing, you may get a bite.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Based on what? There a multiple studies of various kinds showing how effective the vaccines are.

Do you understand the possible unknown long term effects of a vaccine? I guess not. That data is not in yet, and won't be for the next 10-15 years. Be a smarty pants all you like. That much is a fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I have never claimed that the vaccine does not assist in reducing the effect of Covid-19.
The propaganda is that the vaccine is the "ultimate" solution to this virus, which it isn't.

So far it's by far the best solution we have.

The only time I see claims like it the 'ultimate solution' or 100% effective is by people creating strawman arguments against the vaccine.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

There are 13 627 families who will disagree with you. What happened to ceasing a vaccine trial after 50 deaths? Honest question. Not wanting to get into a bunfight here.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Do you understand the possible unknown long term effects of a vaccine? I guess not. That data is not in yet, and won't be for the next 10-15 years. Be a smarty pants all you like. That much is a fact.

We also don't know the long term effects of covid either.

We do know that being dead is a very long term effect and the vaccines reduce the chance of that particular effect a lot.

I think I would rather take my changes with a dose of something designed to be as safe as possible rather than a wild virus/lab created super weapon*.

*Delete as appropriate to personal bias.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There are 13 627 families who will disagree with you. What happened to ceasing a vaccine trial after 50 deaths? Honest question. Not wanting to get into a bunfight here.

What 13,627 families?

edit on 2-9-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Half Swede, but Wholly correct!

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What 13,267 families?

The 13 267 families who have lost a loved one one as a result of the vaccine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join