It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Christian, convince me through scripture that it's ok to eat pork.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

This is very important and needs to be said again:

BACON!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes you did, and that’s admirable
But it’s the foundation of christianity, the foundation of loving people, the reason Jesus came, end the law
No law, obliged to love others not condemn or punish them with the fear of sin or judgement

Great you are sharing your journey
Maybe qualify everything you say, not by being “as a Christian” but say “my opinion”

It was a great question, there were great answers and your response was great
Just study more, learn more and understand more, there is a curse for getting it wrong and you have gotten it wrong
Glad you have seen the truth of Christ’s message, freedom from the law

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Did Jesus have a fridge, pretty sure they were not invented till last century
Also, not sure Jews were big on face coverings?

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Sublimecraft tagged it...

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Looks like its time for a nice BLT

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge
My argument:
Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets — I did not come to throw down, but to fulfill; for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass. ‘Whoever therefore may loose one of these commands — the least — and may teach men so, least he shall be called in the reign of the heavens, but whoever may do and may teach [them], he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.

Matthew 5:17-19

Edit
Ok. Maybe I was wrong. The mandate to not eat pork was to set the Jews apart and not a general law. Jesus grafted us in but we are still not Jewish. Well, I'm off to get a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza.

The answer is in your very quote from Matthew:

I did not come to throw down (or abolish the law), but to fulfill (the law);

The law was intended as a "tutor" to point us to Christ. Think of it as a series of object lessons. Once the actual object of the lesson is fully and plainly revealed, the object lessons no longer have any value in themselves.

Colossians 2:16-17 makes this clear:

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Verses 20-23 go on to say:

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Lastly, have a look at Acts 10:9-11:18. Here, either God was breaking his own law, or this was an indication that something big had changed.

Now, I'm going to have a big out BLT sammich!
:
edit on 2021 8 31 by incoserv because: typos.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I guess you never had my smoked BBQ chicken? Even GOD likes the smell of it.

“If the offering to the Lord is a burnt offering of birds, you are to offer a dove or a young pigeon. The priest shall bring it to the altar, wring off the head and burn it on the altar; its blood shall be drained out on the side of the altar. He is to remove the crop and the feathers and throw them down east of the altar where the ashes are. He shall tear it open by the wings, not dividing it completely, and then the priest shall burn it on the wood that is burning on the altar. It is a burnt offering, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the Lord.” – Leviticus 1:14-17

Source
edit on 8312021 by GuitaristRob because: Hey psssst! come over here and let me tell you something. TRUMP WON BIGLY!~

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I just read this in Mark last night

Mark 7:14-23

14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” [16] [a]

17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I recently got a few pounds of extra thick cut ( fairly lean) apple smoked bacon, and peppered bacon. I marinated it in a vacuum canister for 24 hours in a mixture of Soyvay teriyaki/and OJ concentrate, then put it into my dehydrator for 7 hours at 155-160 degrees to make bacon jerky. It came out like candy. I do vac lock it and keep it in the fridge due to the high fat content. Boy is that stuff good!

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I eat pork, I am intolerant to it quite often though, causes my stomach to get swollen if I eat too much. Both of my daughters have the same problem, so it may be some genetic thing. Or I just passed on some intolerance to them somehow.

I did some research on pigs in the ancient times. They did have pigs, they fed them all the scraps and waste and the meat probably was toxic somewhat. It appears that they kept them like dogs around their camps or something. Taboo to eat but not to sell to others who did like pork who were not Jewish. A way of bringing money into their settlements or maybe they used the pork to pay their taxes to the Romans and other ruling empires. Good pork tastes better than lamb does to me, I actually do not care for the taste of sheep.

I found some historians that published their papers on it and a couple of them mentioned that they found some evidence the jewish pigs were sold to other cultures.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The hell with pork... mind you i do love it

But dude is missing out on lobster... a nice tail dipped in butter

Its a bloody sin to not ever taste such beautful meat!!

edit on 31-8-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Pork has parasites in the flesh.

youtu.be...

Check out YouTube above.

Now you know why God told his people in OT to not eat pork.

I no longer eat pork but if you do make sure you cook it through.

edit on 31-8-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
It's always puzzled me that people should care whether other people are using pineapple. I'm not normally a pizza eater, but that kind of controversy makes me want to order a pizza and deliberately add pineapple to it.
I think it's a good example of the way the internet actually hates diversity and works as a force towards a world-wide homogenous culture

edit on 1-9-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Acts 10.

13And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

God says the old laws have passed. Christ is the new testament.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yeah but it’s pineapple on pizza
It’s just not right
Controversy, hyperbole or drama queens over reacting, you just shouldn’t do it

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I like boston butts and I cannot lie, oh lordy you can't deny, when you roast a butt on low and slow and the fat melts like candy you get TUMS..or rolaids if ya need em..BBQ sauce to season.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Ever since hearing a radio lecture twice over in the Sixties ("Aphrodite and the sacred pig" on the old BBC Home Service), I've believed that the pig was taboo partly because it was the sacred animal of rival deities, the fertility cults of Canaan.

Apart from that, the Leviticus food code seems to be based on the standard diet of the nomadic desert herdsman ("nothing that has to be hunted"). Pigs are not mobile enough.

edit on 1-9-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Are you JEWISH?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Jesus and his men and those he ministered to were all Pork Abstaining, Sabbath Day observing Jews.

Why did you say GATE?

What Gate?

Which Gate?

Where is this Gate?

When do they go to this Gate?

How does one get to this Gate?

PLEASE USE SCRIPTURES TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You really love promoting your work.

Please add the caveat that you do not rightly divide. So those who read them will understand where you are coming from, "A Teaching of Some Scholar"

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I accidentally learned this.

If you Roast A pork belly (bacon) on a BBQ grill and 50 feet away Roast a beef brisket. Then go to the beef and smel it as it cooks. Oh so nice smelling. Immediately walk over to the Pork belly and get a big wiff.

Spoiler alert! It wont smell all that good. At first that is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join