It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Christian, convince me through scripture that it's ok to eat pork.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My argument:
Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets — I did not come to throw down, but to fulfill; for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass. ‘Whoever therefore may loose one of these commands — the least — and may teach men so, least he shall be called in the reign of the heavens, but whoever may do and may teach [them], he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.

Matthew 5:17-19

Edit
Ok. Maybe I was wrong. The mandate to not eat pork was to set the Jews apart and not a general law. Jesus grafted us in but we are still not Jewish. Well, I'm off to get a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza.
edit on 31.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Bacon

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Kosher, all the Judaic laws were specifically for the Jewish people, as their covenant with the Lord. As Gentiles, we are not included in that agreement.

Jesus himself said noting that goes in your mouth causes sin, but rather what comes out of your mouth that can cause harm and sin.

Paul called back to that verse in debating the Kosher laws with Peter.

Most of all, God knows everyone's heart, better than we do, he wont stop you at the gate because you ate shrimp.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't need to use scripture.

BACON.
See?

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge
"But now we are discharged from the [Mosaic] law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit"- Romans ch7 v6

I have my own thread (as you might expect) on that Matthew reference;
I do not abolish the law and the prophets
It comes down to a question of "which law is Jesus talking about?" God's law and the law of Moses are not the same thing.

edit on 31-8-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Why are you taking nutrition advice from a 2000 + year old book?

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Acts 10:11

11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Matthew 15:11

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man

In the grand scheme of things, do you honestly think gods judgement hinges on how much pork you consumed whilst in human form, or do you think his judgement would be focused on how you treated others whilst in human form?

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It's not written, but Bacon is proof God is real and he loves us.

If you don't want to eat it, that's cool. more for me.
edit on 31-8-2021 by network dude because: tea is the secret to life.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah, if god if going to condemn you to an eternity of hell for what you ate that is a "supreme being" i can not get behind

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jondashipsu
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah, if god if going to condemn you to an eternity of hell for what you ate that is a "supreme being" i can not get behind

It's a bad rap for God, he's chill and would be down for a beer by the river all day long, but some folks try to put a bit more on him than he wants. But that ability to think on your own was a great gift he gave all of us. The Bible is a great guide, I don't think it is, nor was meant to be a history book.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

But... Carnitas!

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Maybe I am wrong, maybe God is ok with me getting a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza, and it won't be a sin.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge
Maybe I am wrong, maybe God is ok with me getting a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza, and it won't be a sin.

"Lean not unto thine own understanding..."

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I haven't read any replies. I will only say the new rule is honor God and love your neighbor as yourself. I love pork and so does my neighbor.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think I would like to see biblical evidence it’s not a sin to put pineapple on a pizza

Bit frightening that you, Golgotha, have a whole website, preach Christianity, assume to teach both followers and non, biblical principles that you are assured of and they are biblically wrong

I mean, covenant theology, Christians not being Jews, the good news, end of religion and love over law?
That’s the basics Gol, maybe?
edit on 31-8-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I think I would like to see biblical evidence it’s not a sin to put pineapple on a pizza

I promise you that it isn't. Anchovies are though

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Pineapple is not a meat.
Therefore there is no rule agaimt mixing it with dairy products.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Pineapple is not a meat.
Therefore there is no rule agaimt mixing it with dairy products.

Yeah but as a moral/civil principle as opposed to spiritual.
It’s just disgusting

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'll pass.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I misunderstood a passage of text and was incorrect. I'm man enough to admit when I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It clearly says in Genesis that God created man. And that includes a person's brain, because God intended you to use it. The reason pork was called "unclean" was because they didn't have refrigeration back then and it spoiled so quickly. That's why he said not to eat pork. Now, that we have refrigeration, pork doesn't have to spoil so fast and become "unclean." Making it no longer a problem. I just bought some Canadian bacon a couple weeks back, can't wait to cook it on a pizza.

Now, we can go on to why God suggested women to cover their faces. They were being abducted by the Nephilim for Satan's experiments, so He said to cover their faces so they wouldn't be recognized as females, ergo they wouldn't get abducted. Since that isn't really a problem these days, I think we can dispense with wearing face coverings as well. It's time to use the brains God gave to us.

TCB

<<   2  3 >>

join