It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Phone Company is Blocking or Throttling ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've been stuck using mobile data through Koodo for the last couple weeks. Generally it works well. I even used my hotspot to build a website for a client with it. But...for some reason....ATS and only ATS, whether on my phone or on the computer through the phone's hotspot, will regularly time out and give connection refused errors that only resolve after repeatedly refreshing.

Needless to say, it's been aggravating. At first I thought maybe it was an ATS configuration issue or something, it started right around the switch to https.

I was wrong though. I'm 99% sure my phone company is doing it.

I came across this issue here in my search for an answer

community.koodomobile.com...

The user was experiencing the exact same issue for their home ISP provider's IP address on the koodo website as i've been experiencing on ATS. Both the ISP and koodo confirmed the site was blocked by koodo.

So, i tried switching my DNS, no luck, tried browsing ATS directly using its IP address instead of the URL

No luck again. Tried out a free VPN, sure enough. ATS loads totally fine, no issues. No timeouts, no connection refused, nothing.

Double checked using a crappier phone with a chatr account again no timeout issues, ATS works just fine.

So, just a warning, if you're experiencing issues with ATS and other websites are working well, it may actually be your ISP or provider and not an ATS issue.

Now, why koodo would be blocking ATS is a whole other question but if anyone else on ATS uses Koodo and does or doesn't have issues, it'd be good to know. Because it seems from what i can tell, the issue is almost definitely with koodo.
edit on 29/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Happens on my phone to. I believe it is due to the website formatting. Phone browser struggle to load it. Mobile iPad works fine.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Having same issue here. I'm on Verizon and it just started a couple weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Same. Using a VPN has helped.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I've been having this issue for the past couple of months. Sucks not being able to load anything to show my co-worker. Only happens on my phone when I'm using data, not when I'm home on wifi. Could be a formatting issue like previously mentioned, but would that explain how it loads fast on wifi??

To be fair, though, most of my experience is when I try to load ATS while on breaks at work and my location is kind of a dead spot for cell service. I get calls and texts ok, but internet is slow enough to have to watch low rez videos. Verizon doesn't get any service there either, like it's a dead zone for them.
edit on 29-8-2021 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have the same, slow to load problems with ATS. Sometimes it times out. I think it’s on their end.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

If I was running the agenda I would block ATS as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

It loaded fine on a 5 year old Motorola using chatr, a different phone company.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Same issue for me,but only if I use data on my phone. Virgin mobile.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Does it on my phone too. Wifi, carrier data, alternate DNS, VPN, doesn’t make a difference. It’s something on the site with mobile.
edit on 29-8-2021 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My problem was having ATS bookmarked as http. When i changed it to https , all problems evaporated.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

T-mobile either via a phone, tablet or hotspot has no issues. I use Firefox beta on them.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You're not alone on this apparently. I too am experiencing loading problems and timeouts ONLY on this site......my favorite place of course, that figures.😒

I'm on T-Mobile, device is a S21.

I'll come here and click on new topics and it'll just hang and then give me a connection notice. I'll try to back out and still the same connection error. So I'll exit the tab completely, go to "Apps" and clear the cache and try to come back in and it's 50/50 if it will load the page.

It even does it when I'm in a post and want to go to the next page or several forward. It'll hang then give the connection error page.

🤷🏾‍♂️ I can't call it but its been going on intermittently for a good month now.

ETA: Here's what the error states

Address Not Found

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your device’s data or Wi-Fi connection.

edit on 8/29/2021 by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Same on my home ISP. Figured it was alphabet interception.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

They want to try to tell you you're not allowed to be on the right. ATS is way right-wing in comparision to a similiar site like Reddit which is so far left it gone #ed itself.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: themightymerlin

They want to try to tell you you're not allowed to be on the right. ATS is way right-wing in comparision to a similiar site like Reddit which is so far left it gone #ed itself.

I wouldn't say this site is right winged. It's more about a group of people that still believe in common sense about everything.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's lefty kryptonite. The liberals are pure experimenters and that causes A LOT of damage.

But I digress..not trying to derail the OP.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Your VPN is likely blocking ads and scripts your phone browser was "choking" on.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I guess net neutrality isn't looking so bad now?
edit on 8/29/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

My old Chrome Book throttled ATS , I'm not sure it was on purpose but none the less .

Just stick to Apple or PC.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I am with others, I do not think you are being throttled, My phone does same thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join