It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer’s ‘Achilles Heel’ Discovered By Scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
For the first time in a long time we finally have some good news to share. Scientist have found a protein that is crucial for cancer to thrive. Possibly new treatments on the way along with possible self research on what blocks Cabonic Anhydraze 9.

www.studyfinds.org...

Their study has uncovered a protein that fuels tumors when oxygen levels are low. It enables the cancerous growths to adapt and survive and become more aggressive.

The enzyme, called CAIX (Carbonic Anhydrase IX), helps diseased cells spread to other organs. It could hold the key to new treatments for the deadliest forms of the disease, including breast, pancreatic, lungs, bowel, and prostate cancers.

“Cancer cells depend on the CAIX enzyme to survive, which ultimately makes it their ‘Achilles heel.’ By inhibiting its activity, we can effectively stop the cells from growing,” says study senior author Professor Shoukat Dedhar in a university release.

Details:

advances.sciencemag.org...
edit on 29-8-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Or, induce cells to produce antibodies against this enzyme, perhaps?

edit on 8/29/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow some good news,? now lets use the synthetic nanos to keep driving the human cells to overdrive because that will cure cancer.

Got to love the never ending properties of playing with DNA in the cells.

What people need to know is that cancer is when cells mutate and grow out of control.

I would love to see a cure for cancer, as my mother have terminal liver cancer, but I do not trust what is been done right now by big pharma.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I see what you did.....props

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They are going to get the experimental vax into everyone some how. If they are willing to finally cure cancer to do it you know something big has to be happening. They aren't going to cure cancer, their most lucrative product area, just to be nice.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

This is really cool! Especially how they found their target by knocking out one gene at a time. I would be interested in how they target cancer cells because this will get into mitochondrial signaling and other influences like hypoxia, PI3K, HIF-1, and some others that cancer does hijack and take advantage of but other cells need to proliferate, regulate, and communicate.

But yeah it’s starting to look like early stages of nano particle delivery to specific tissues in that specific patient. I wonder what the downstream signaling impact could potentially be in a living organism.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Can't find any information on natural forms of CAIX inhibitors yet.

It is a zinc based or zinc created enzyme I think, so maybe using thiols to disable it by lowering zinc in the system might work. Sorry, just going through things in my head. I guess just saying onions instead of those chemical names would be more appropriate. Don't really know if there would be side effects. They already have caix enzyme inhibitors in medicine, I can't find information to hack it tonight, bummer.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This sounds promising! And yes, Phage is actually correct: inducing antibody production would be a good thing... maybe.

I do have one concern: is Carbonic Anhydrase IX a naturally occurring substance in the body, and if so, what is its normal use outside of fueling cancer? Depending on the answer to that question, it might or might not be realistic to treat cancer patients with the needed mRNA (or even straight antibodies).

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

... and fix it with an mRNA vaccine.

mRNA Cancer Vaccines

Cue the following (note: this following part is sarcasm):

- Cancer predominantly affects the really old who were going to die anyway.
- People who have cancer actually more often die of the comorbidities.
- It only has a low CFR of about 3.367% that's nothing like as dangerous as the Black Plague, or Spanish Flu!
- It only affects about 0.5% of the population - about 1,806,590 in the US in 2020. More people commit suicide than that.
- The testing and Imaging results can be deceptive, and aren't 100% accurate. So they are all lying.
- Cancer isn't really cancer, its an orthomolecular endotoxin that you get from breathing 'bad airs' shed from people who eat onions.
- They are lying to us about the numbers because some newspaper reported that someone who died in a motorbike accident, had cancer.
- It will just go away - like magic - it will just be gone.
- It was the chemo. That's the real killer.
- Hospitals make money from cancer patients. It's all a scam.
- They are using it to take away our freedom to smoke, drink, eat and breathe whatever we like.
- Pine-tar and vitamin C cures cancer. Big pharma are just trying to take all our money.
- The vaccine isn't really a vaccine, it is a nano-robot with world domination directives controlled through WiFi 6 and deep space radio dishes.
- Could we, like, put the cancer killing radiation inside the body, somehow, like inside the skin?

edit on 29/8/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
This sounds promising! And yes, Phage is actually correct: inducing antibody production would be a good thing... maybe.

I do have one concern: is Carbonic Anhydrase IX a naturally occurring substance in the body, and if so, what is its normal use outside of fueling cancer? Depending on the answer to that question, it might or might not be realistic to treat cancer patients with the needed mRNA (or even straight antibodies).

TheRedneck

It is actually an important enzyme in the body, you want to temporarily inhibit it, not create antibodies against it.

There are inhibitors of that enzyme in use already in cancer therapies. They already have the meds so figuring how to use them as a treatment outside the normal cancer types presently they use them for will require testing and approval from the regulating agencies. I am thinking this will have to be a prescription med if used for this purpose with some blood testing required.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

They aren't going to cure cancer, their most lucrative product area, just to be nice

Cured mine. About 34 years ago now.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't know why we don't hear about this for stopping cancer.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

This looks like a good video, I’m like 6 minutes in and skipped to the end where they talk about natural and other solutions.

This target they speak about in the video and the paper are influenced by mitochondrial signaling in an acidic environment resulting from hypoxia. It’s acidic because cancer will just use sugar and glycolysis rather than full on cellular respiration. So this treatment and others that target mitochondrial signaling will directly influence angiogenesis. There are situations where some of the cells don’t care like in the center of a glioblastoma, they can thrive. But it would limit growth. I would be curious about the impact so I’m definitely watching this video. I wonder if we could push cancer into alternative states of inflammation. Cool stuff.

ETA: impact on obesity is interesting too, thank you for the video.
edit on 29-8-2021 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, I found that with a little quick research. I was pretty busy when I posted, so I didn't have time at that moment to look into it. As usual, though, you came to my rescue! Thank you!

What I found was that Carbonic Anhydrase IX is primarily expressed in the gastrointestinal tract. For it to have the deleterious effects involved with cancer, it would have to be expressed in the bloodstream as well. I'n sure the possibility exists to target the blood without overly interfering with the gastrointestinal tract.

But more concerning to me is that Carbonic Anhydrase IX is regulated by transcription factors, which means there is a genetic error occurring in the cells which produce too much. Perhaps a better therapy would be to target those specific cells which are over-expressing Carbonic Anhydrase IX, instead of attacking the Carbonic Anhydrase IX itself.

I can foresee two different treatments based on this discovery, if it is pursued. The first would target Carbonic Anhydrase IX in the bloodstream, likely using magnetic direction to further target the tumors themselves. The second would identify and either repair or destroy the cancer cells themselves, identifying them by their over-production of Carbonic Anhydrase IX.

I find it interesting that Carbonic Anhydrase IX is a zinc-based molecule... zinc is an important element in immunity response. I wonder if our modern diet contains too much zinc? I'm interested to get your take on that idea.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
I don't know why we don't hear about this for stopping cancer.

Does the metabolic overload from end-stage metastasized cancer not cure cancer by starving the body?

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I guess that would depend if there was a need for this protein in other places.... Blocking until the cancer is dead and gone is a lot different that creating an antibody to wipe it out forever.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Phage

I see what you did.....props

Yep. The cheeky jab reference...

Still not taking it.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

CAR-T therapy or a monoclonal antibody. Those could potentially be a temporary solution until the cancer is reduced enough for removal or the immune cells can get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It would be more important to find out why the cancer is forming so much more now than it ever did. Most people do not get enough zinc, but some get too much if they take big supplements. We had less cancer back in the sixties when zinc cans provided a lot of zinc to the diet. The cans are now lined with plastic and people's zinc levels are actually low, yet cancer is up. You are right on thinking that regulating other enzyme production to just target this particular chemistry is what needs to be done.

There are so many chemicals these days sprayed on our foods or added to the food that it is hard to pinpoint why cancer incidents have gone wild. Deaths are down from cancer compared to the sixties, because operations and Chemotherapies are being used so much to treat cancer and deaths after side effects of chemotherapy months after the cancer is removed is not always contributed to the cancer. I would bet that cancer incidents have risen three fold since the sixties.

Cancer cells are always present in people's bodies, they are just targetted and destroyed before they get out of hand. Cancer is not getting smarter, it is that we are consuming chemistries that mess up our immune system, and they are on fresh veggies too, and even on organic veggies, just because the chemicals are organic does not mean that they do not mess with our immune system or cellular communication networks.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

To each their own mate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join