It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So another COVID conundrum, can the vaccinated and unvaccinated live under the same roof

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So here's the deal after 6 weeks of saying my Mom doesn't need to get vaccinated before her surgery, her doctor is saying she ought to get vaccinated before her knee surgery. Pretty perturbed at this we wasted all this time where she could have got the vaccine and then recover and have surgery and now it's gonna be mushed together.

Not to mention the rest of us here do not want to get vaccinated, but we are our Mom's caregiver and we have to be around her. So my question shouldn't the rest of us get vaccinated too? I mean hell we don't want her to catch it from us or LOL we catch it from her even if she is vaccinated.

So what say you ATS...

PS

Just dumped on us as well our, older sister is on a ventilator thankfully they do have a walking protocol and they expect her to be fine eventually. So there is a lot stuff going on.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
not under my roof.

the vaxxed are banned

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You're gonna have the same group of people tell you that you're crazy if you do and another group tell you that you're crazy if you don't and none of these people are at all responsible or a party to your family's well being.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
not under my roof.

the vaxxed are banned

Well sending her to your place wasn't exactly on our options list...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
So here's the deal after 6 weeks of saying my Mom doesn't need to get vaccinated before her surgery, her doctor is saying she ought to get vaccinated before her knee surgery. Pretty perturbed at this we wasted all this time where she could have got the vaccine and then recover and have surgery and now it's gonna be mushed together.

Not to mention the rest of us here do not want to get vaccinated, but we are our Mom's caregiver and we have to be around her. So my question shouldn't the rest of us get vaccinated too? I mean hell we don't want her to catch it from us or LOL we catch it from her even if she is vaccinated.

So what say you ATS...

PS

Just dumped on us as well our, older sister is on a ventilator thankfully they do have a walking protocol and they expect her to be fine eventually. So there is a lot stuff going on.

Get tested to see if anyone has the antibodies. If so, then don't worry about vax for them.

Speak to the doc about Ivermectin...it does work for preventative care.

Getting the vaccine is up to you. The doc can recommend, but can't force it if you decide not to. As far as a knee surgery, is it absolutely necessary? I have docs in my family and some are vaccinated, others are not, but all recommend only getting a surgery when absolutely necessary.

If you feel strongly about not getting vaccinated then it is something that you should talk with all if them about.

I dont know your or your families age nor health status, but if young and healthy then I wouldn't worry too much about yourselves. And ask your mom her feelings. If she is ok with getting it for surgery then let her. You can always wear n95 masks around her until a couple weeks in the clear.

I'd say she is in a better place getting the vaccine prior to going in if that is what she wants. That way she can be treated for anything that may occur as she will already be on the books and admitted for surgery.

What is your sister on a ventilator for?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

So what say you ATS...

PS

Get tested to see if anyone has the antibodies. If so, then don't worry about vax for them.

Speak to the doc about Ivermectin...it does work for preventative care.

Getting the vaccine is up to you. The doc can recommend, but can't force it if you decide not to. As far as a knee surgery, is it absolutely necessary? I have docs in my family and some are vaccinated, others are not, but all recommend only getting a surgery when absolutely necessary.

If you feel strongly about not getting vaccinated then it is something that you should talk with all if them about.

I dont know your or your families age nor health status, but if young and healthy then I wouldn't worry too much about yourselves. And ask your mom her feelings. If she is ok with getting it for surgery then let her. You can always wear n95 masks around her until a couple weeks in the clear.

I'd say she is in a better place getting the vaccine prior to going in if that is what she wants. That way she can be treated for anything that may occur as she will already be on the books and admitted for surgery.

What is your sister on a ventilator for?

Well, she and her husband both have COVID they are being treated with Ivermectin, and she is responding well and is walking around as much as they will let her with a ventilator. Her son says the hospital isn't busy and there a re plenty of nurses attending to her.

Her knee has been bothering her and we have rescheduled over the past year and it kind of needs to get done. We will definitely do all the protocols regardless, till we know we are out of the woods.

I'm 99 positive we will be fine getting vaccinated,

this article is what got me thinking.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

My wife and I are still alive. We lived for months together before she got vaccinated. The kids are alive, they are not vaccinated. We all got COVID, minor symptoms, and we are all still alive. We’ve had family vaccinated and non vaccinated interact with us for days under the same roof. We’ve all been sick since then and we are all still alive.

Think about it this way, your only going to 100% protect her if you throw her in a bubble. That’s no way to live. She will show reduced symptoms, hopefully, being vaccinated. The rest of the decisions are up to you and your family and what you feel is best. Wash your hands, sneeze into your elbow crease germ pocket, isolate if sick. Vaccinated or not, you can still all share, it’s symptom severity we’re trying to reduce.

The only way to protect your airway epithelium is to live in a positive pressure bubble with filtered air and no access to the outside.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So what say you ATS...

PS

Sometimes I feels so small. I will pray for you all to be given some wisdom in this dilemma. I do not know what I would do in this situation. I probably wouldn't want my mom to have a vaccine that I myself think could be bad, much less right at the same time as a surgery. So hopefully someone else here has been through something similar and will give you insight on which way you decide to go. Sure hope your sister gets well ASAP! My brother just now is getting better from having covid and pnuemonia. About 10 days in so far, and he can breath better.

Take care!

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sounds like your doctor is threatening and bribing your family into getting the vax. Which is sad to see that happening how many of these doctors problary have a interest in Pfizer etc..

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I am going to take the antibodies test, see what happen, will let all know what the results are.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Six in our house here in the UK.

Two double vaxxed, 2 single vaxxed and 2 as yet unvaxxed and waiting.

None in the UK really cares either way to be honest.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Is this entire thread based on the premise that somebody who is vaccinated can somehow hurt an unvaccinated person?

I don't think that I've ever experienced a situation where some many people are denying science using so many stupid arguments, and I'm old enough to remember the CFCs and the Hole in the Ozone Layer and how the science deniers went insane about that.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am amazed how Ivermectin is working agaisnt covid and media trashed the drug? really makes you wonder why.

I'm 99 positive we will be fine getting vaccinated,

I really wouldn't want to trust these mRNA vaxs. The efficiency rate had dropped.
edit on 24-8-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
She will show reduced symptoms, hopefully, being vaccinated.

Hopefully is the operative word ... got a feeling I'm being punished for posting this over and over.

We had sterile protocols for almost 2 years with my Dad prior to 2020, looks like we will be doing all of that again whether we all are vaccinated or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

I think it's more that if the mother needs to he vaccinated to go into hospital would it be better for them to be vaccinated as well?

Or maybe it will cause arguments?

a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
How about just asking your mom what she wants????

My kids both know, NO vaccine for me.
Their bodies, their choice, I won't ban them from my house either way.

But I have already had the vid anyway....

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: nonspecific

Is this entire thread based on the premise that somebody who is vaccinated can somehow hurt an unvaccinated person?

I don't think that I've ever experienced a situation where some many people are denying science using so many stupid arguments, and I'm old enough to remember the CFCs and the Hole in the Ozone Layer and how the science deniers went insane about that.

Did you even read the headline from the NatGeo article obvious you didn't read the article, I'm not pulling these thoughts out of my ass.

Yes obviously we will likely all be OK getting vaxxed, but as I've mentioned we weren't planning on doing it any time soon.
Now the 4 of us will likely will all have to get vaccinated ASAP.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

I think it's more that if the mother needs to he vaccinated to go into hospital would it be better for them to be vaccinated as well?

Or maybe it will cause arguments?

That is where I'm coming from if she is getting vaccinated we all will get vaccinated. Honestly, it bothers my sister more than it does me.

a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

For starters your mom might not have any reaction to the vaccine. Secondly yes you all should get vaccinated. Lastly I'm sorry to hear about your older sister hopefully she will be home soon.

As far as the thread goes, sure the vaxx and unvaxx could live together but the home will be better protected against covid if everyone is vaccinated.
edit on 24-8-2021 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
How about just asking your mom what she wants????

My kids both know, NO vaccine for me.
Their bodies, their choice, I won't ban them from my house either way.

But I have already had the vid anyway....

Pretty sure Mom is just listening to her doctor, but we broached this subject with them previously all they said is she will get tested prior to surgery, which she was fine doing, now 6 weeks later she has to get vaccinated. No, and we won't ban each other regardless of who or who not is vaccinated either.

We will talk with her doctor tomorrow and get more input.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join