It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So another COVID conundrum, can the vaccinated and unvaccinated live under the same roof

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

People with kids would seem to prove that argument.

Hope your sister gets better soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

It is kind of common sense to me. Every other vaccine in history hasn't really provided any resistance to the next strain. It is why we sometimes miss it with the flu vaccines. Sure it can help somewhat, but this one is solely man made, as in no "dead" virus in it.

Sorry I haven't asked yet, what vaccine are they saying she should get or which are you considering? Are all of them acceptable for the surgery, or only Pfizer?

I only ask because I can see this quickly becoming another argument with folks...."which vaccine did you get"?

I am sorry for the situation you are in where you don't feel you have a choice....I hope I am never in the position you are in, and that is not me being insensitive, it is me being empathetic because I know this is a hard decision.

No worries my friend it's just life and a hundred years from now none of this will matter. I figured I was going to be thinking about it and I might as well include ATS in the situation

Well, which version? who knows but we will be asking that tomorrow. I know most places you don't have a choice it's whatever they have on tap.

The heart stuff bothers all of us both my grandfathers died of heart disease, technically so did my father even though he was in the throes of stage 4 pancreatic cancer that and the chemo wore him out.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

For starters your mom might not have any reaction to the vaccine. Secondly yes you all should get vaccinated. Lastly I'm sorry to hear about your older sister hopefully she will be home soon.

As far as the thread goes, sure the vaxx and unvaxx could live together but the home will be better protected against covid if everyone is vaccinated.

but no mention of the recovered people. Almost like they don't exist. the silent third group that science isn't smart enough to recognize.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

It is kind of common sense to me. Every other vaccine in history hasn't really provided any resistance to the next strain. It is why we sometimes miss it with the flu vaccines. Sure it can help somewhat, but this one is solely man made, as in no "dead" virus in it.

Sorry I haven't asked yet, what vaccine are they saying she should get or which are you considering? Are all of them acceptable for the surgery, or only Pfizer?

I only ask because I can see this quickly becoming another argument with folks...."which vaccine did you get"?

I am sorry for the situation you are in where you don't feel you have a choice....I hope I am never in the position you are in, and that is not me being insensitive, it is me being empathetic because I know this is a hard decision.

No worries my friend it's just life and a hundred years from now none of this will matter. I figured I was going to be thinking about it and I might as well include ATS in the situation

Well, which version? who knows but we will be asking that tomorrow. I know most places you don't have a choice it's whatever they have on tap.

The heart stuff bothers all of us both my grandfathers died of heart disease, technically so did my father even though he was in the throes of stage 4 pancreatic cancer that and the chemo wore him out.

I would bring up the prior heart issues with your doc. They may have whatever on tap, but that doesn't mean you can't get the vaccine somewhere else that has one that better suits your concerns.

I would still get the antibody test and find out if anyone has them and ask the doc if that is sufficient.

Either way, let us know how it pans out. And I do hope your mom comes through great, as well as the rest of the family.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shasta9600

For starters your mom might not have any reaction to the vaccine. Secondly yes you all should get vaccinated. Lastly I'm sorry to hear about your older sister hopefully she will be home soon.

As far as the thread goes, sure the vaxx and unvaxx could live together but the home will be better protected against covid if everyone is vaccinated.

and also for starters, if she were to get "CV" she would have a great chance to get over it and then have some immunity built up.

If she isn't even testing "positive" with the misused PCR test, why would this vax be required for a surgery?

Being an anonymous voice online and putting out she has a great chance is misinformation. You are not her doctor, don't know any details about her or unvaccinated covid positive patients who are in her category and similar/identical traits and medical history. You can't apply the total statistics to individual people and call that the most accurate assessment you can make.

It's all good my man, we are just discussing this. It's good to hash stuff out, I'm sure I'll be hashing it out with the rest of the family tomorrow, not going to use this as a decision-maker in the least. It is more being able to point out the real-world issues we have and I'm sure others have as well.

It all started with the article cause my sister wasn't gonna get it I'll get and go whatever cause that's my personality LOL but she really wasn't expecting to have to get the jab.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Update...

My oldest sister is doing better, they finally will let her husband in to see her. Oxygen levels are up and they think 3-5 days at the most and she can go home. That's a relief, my poor Mom broke down a little when we heard the good news, hell we all did.

But get this my brother's daughter has COVID as well, she is a special needs adult and we are pretty sure it's from her camp she attends. She doesn't feel too bad yet, but she is in the house with 3 unvaccinated persons too. We went from no COVID cases in the family except my uncle to 4 total in the last 2 days.

My other sister will take my Mom to the Doctor tomorrow and we made a list of questions for him, if they aren't happy with the answers we will likely postpone her knee surgery. One is what vaccine is it, and we are going to ask him has he heard of any side effects in his patients, and his thoughts on whether we all need it immediately or can everybody wait.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Professionally? You have too many negative possibilities x (times- 5-6-7 times with people there) in for consideration.

I hope not, but someone's bound to get sick. The rest may fall.

Decide whatever is best for you and family.

God bless....

EMT/ADV Life Supp

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Professionally? You have too many negative possibilities x (times- 5-6-7 times with people there) in for consideration.

I hope not, but someone's bound to get sick. The rest may fall.

Decide whatever is best for you and family.

God bless....

EMT/ADV Life Supp

Thank you for your thoughts and input it is appreciated. It's ironic my other sister who lives with us now, her husband was an EMT, RIP, we have wondered often what he would have thought of all of this.

I can only imagine how it is now, he used to work his ass off. It was nice having an EMT in the family, over the years it was nice having somebody you could trust

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

If you are healthy, right now, and are expected to be a caregiver to your mom, weigh the risk of even mild adverse effects that might compromise your ability to help take care of your mom. Most of the vaccinated people I know spent at least two days in bed after one or both shots. Unfortunately, I also know people who had far more serious adverse reactions...including heart attack. (And I am very confident when I say it was an adverse reaction from the vaccine. I'm not interested in debating that.)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It's probably best not to bother with articles. Take a look around you and see how people are reacting to the vaccine and vice versa. At that point, if you feel comfortable getting your mom vaccinated then make the call. Ultimately, if she's healthy enough to make that call on her own then tell her what you're seeing around you and go with the flow. Were I in your shoes, that's how I would approach it. I think, personally, Ivermectin regiments are the safer option but I'm not in your shoes. Best of luck and I wish the best for your mom.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hell no. The vaccinated are creating the new mutations. I'm terrified of vaccinated people. Not only because they are the main cause of new covid mutation but because they are uninformed and willing to follow whatever leadership tells them to. Just like WW2 Germany. Terrified.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: nonspecific

Is this entire thread based on the premise that somebody who is vaccinated can somehow hurt an unvaccinated person?

I don't think that I've ever experienced a situation where some many people are denying science using so many stupid arguments, and I'm old enough to remember the CFCs and the Hole in the Ozone Layer and how the science deniers went insane about that.

People deny it based on what they're physically seeing around them. You're basing yours on media and web articles claiming science. You might wanna pump them brakes before calling other arguments stupid, there, bub. "Science denier" wasn't even a term in the ozone hole days.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

**SPOILER ALERT**

Not a single sniffle in my household, my parent's household, my sister and bro-in-law's household, none of my other family or friend's households and none of us are vaccinated. My wife's parents were vaccinated (mother-in-law never got the second shot), and her dad is having heart issues and goes in Monday for testing. Members on here need accurate information, you're misleading them with bad information.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
So here's the deal after 6 weeks of saying my Mom doesn't need to get vaccinated before her surgery, her doctor is saying she ought to get vaccinated before her knee surgery. Pretty perturbed at this we wasted all this time where she could have got the vaccine and then recover and have surgery and now it's gonna be mushed together.

Not to mention the rest of us here do not want to get vaccinated, but we are our Mom's caregiver and we have to be around her. So my question shouldn't the rest of us get vaccinated too? I mean hell we don't want her to catch it from us or LOL we catch it from her even if she is vaccinated.

So what say you ATS...

PS

Just dumped on us as well our, older sister is on a ventilator thankfully they do have a walking protocol and they expect her to be fine eventually. So there is a lot stuff going on.

Take one for the team. In other words, get vaccinated for your mom's benefit.

If you and/or your care-giver relatives develop future medical issues related to the vaccine, it was for a good and noble cause.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Kind of a pointless question here on ATS.

I have been vaxxed, my housemate has not..no issue.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zitterbewegung

Hell no. The vaccinated are creating the new mutations. I'm terrified of vaccinated people. Not only because they are the main cause of new covid mutation but because they are uninformed and willing to follow whatever leadership tells them to. Just like WW2 Germany. Terrified.

Um..no, you are wrong..period.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

How am I wrong. If you are vaccinated in the middle of an uncontrolled pandemic then mutations will bubble up to take over.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   

How am I wrong. If you are vaccinated in the middle of an uncontrolled pandemic then mutations will bubble up to take over.

Oh jeez, the Delta variant came from unvaxxed India!!!!!

SMGDH

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

SMGDH

Guy man dude. If your body can fight if one Covid then the one your body can't fight off will become the new covid.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You smug person claiming that you got vaccinated to protect others when it was just for yourself. I bet you didn't even know anything about the mRNA or vector DNA vaccines. You probably just jumped in line to get it thinking you are the hero. Do you realize vaccinating a population when a disease is not contained is detrimental?

SMGDH

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join