It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So another COVID conundrum, can the vaccinated and unvaccinated live under the same roof

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: nonspecific

Is this entire thread based on the premise that somebody who is vaccinated can somehow hurt an unvaccinated person?

I don't think that I've ever experienced a situation where some many people are denying science using so many stupid arguments, and I'm old enough to remember the CFCs and the Hole in the Ozone Layer and how the science deniers went insane about that.

It isn't denying science in any way, though. The CDC is admitting that the science shows vaccinated people with breakthrough cases are just as virulent as the unvaccinated. More troubling, since the vaccine inhibits symptoms in some of those breakthrough cases, a lot of the vaccinated spreaders don't even realize they have COVID and therefore don't take the same level of precautions as an unvaccinated person who feels sick would. So yes, the vaccinated can and do unintentionally hurt the unvaccinated.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The only other thing I can think about pushing is they are getting close to their limit on COVID positive patients. So in their eyes, they are trying to prevent an incident. Hospitals are nuts, there are far worse things than COVID we can potentially get there like staph aureus or c. diff.

I had a relative get a hip replacement and no vaccine required but she ended up getting it after because she lost some femur and other marrow tissue because it was worse than they thought.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Is this entire thread based on the premise that somebody who is vaccinated can somehow hurt an unvaccinated person?

I don't think that I've ever experienced a situation where some many people are denying science using so many stupid arguments, and I'm old enough to remember the CFCs and the Hole in the Ozone Layer and how the science deniers went insane about that.

Fairly certain most of us are old enough to remember AL Gore saying the ice caps would be gone in 2013 because....science.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

For starters your mom might not have any reaction to the vaccine. Secondly yes you all should get vaccinated. Lastly I'm sorry to hear about your older sister hopefully she will be home soon.

As far as the thread goes, sure the vaxx and unvaxx could live together but the home will be better protected against covid if everyone is vaccinated.

Of course, she might not, but it isn't really about her we have all told her to do exactly what she wants to do. But it does beg the question if she is likely to be OK why would everybody else have to get vaccinated?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My brother chose to get vaccinated over a month ago so he can travel and go to Disney world (or land), the one in Florida. He was worried we would be excluded access from certain things, so he let fear control his decision.

My 92 y.o. granny chooses not to get the vaccine, although she wears the mask for public transportation and entering buildings. She wears it because she doesn't like confrontation or the looks from others.

I do not wear the mask. I will not take the vaccine. I do respect others decision to get the vaccine or wear a mask, until they attempt to force their idea on me or shame me for it. I don't get the flu shot because my immune system is capable of sustaining my health. Same with Covid-19.

We three live under the same roof, with no problems with this manufactured pandemic.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Fairly certain most of us are old enough to remember AL Gore saying the ice caps would be gone in 2013 because....science.

We're all also old enough to Vioxx. FDA approved that one and saw no issues ahead and we all know how that worked out.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If one of you gets covid then there's a good chance others in your household may get covid as well but your not increasing that risk being vaccinated.

I'm not going to suggest anything about what you do as that's not down to me but I can give you a relavant personal story.

Both myself and my other half are double vaccinated, my stepson is not vaccinated at all and my stepdaughter had her first shot about 3 weeks ago.

My stepdaughter and other half went to a big music festival and my stepdaughter got covid while there. They came back and we all did lateral flow tests her positive us 3 negative. Myself other half and stepdaughter then did PCR tests, she was positive we were both negative.

We've been living in the same house for 8 days now and she wears a mask when not in her bedroom being poorly and uses hand sanitizer when she comes down to make food or drinks.

The rest of us have done lateral flow tests and come back negative every other day.

I can't say if its isolation and hygiene or the vaccines but its entirely possible to be in closeish contact with someone with covid and not get it yourself.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I was gonna say something about that hole that was never going to fixed unless we went back to horses and buggies. The same hole that is now smaller than the science of the day ever thought it would ever get again.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Oh heyump...

Hmm. i think there is a great risk of heart muscle inflammation for everyone who opts to take the shot, so because of that combining it with surgery seems like not a good idea.

But i have no idea. maybe toss a coin?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Does the hospital not have separate entrances, ER entrance & possibly a different
entrance for scheduled surgeries, maybe even a different building?

When I had a hip replacement I went into a different building or at least
maybe the opposite side. There were no emergencies & the people in the
waiting areas were waiting for their loved one to have SX & into recovery.

I have been using the Ivermectin & the FLCCC protocol since last fall.
Hope all goes well sending you & your family love, light & prayers.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Oh heyump...

Hmm. i think there is a great risk of heart muscle inflammation for everyone who opts to take the shot, so because of that combining it with surgery seems like not a good idea.

But i have no idea. maybe toss a coin?

This would be my main concern for anyone in the near future...miocarditis and pericarditis....it is a known issue and stated in the documentation as such. While they state it is typically in males under 40, they give no reasoning for how they came to this conclusion....does age somehow affect it, or gender? It has been found in plenty outside of the parameters they mention as well.

Trouble is, they simply don't know because there hasn't been enough research on it.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

For starters your mom might not have any reaction to the vaccine. Secondly yes you all should get vaccinated. Lastly I'm sorry to hear about your older sister hopefully she will be home soon.

As far as the thread goes, sure the vaxx and unvaxx could live together but the home will be better protected against covid if everyone is vaccinated.

Of course, she might not, but it isn't really about her we have all told her to do exactly what she wants to do. But it does beg the question if she is likely to be OK why would everybody else have to get vaccinated?

Because entire households can get sick with covid. The vaccinated person might be asymptomatic to the mildest short term cold symptoms while other members of the family could end up at the hospital. Doctors and nurses need to help other people and not be overwhelmed by people sick with covid because they refuse a vaccination. The unvaccinated can have returning symptoms in a short period of time and go back to the hospital dealing with problems for weeks to months at a time.

You and your family members could catch covid, have to isolate in your rooms and not be able to take care of your mom.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Cool, so your situation is going on contemporaneously?

If she gets vaccinated I will too. Pretty sure the others will as well. But we weren't going to just last week, and now we all will be.

Here is just 2 paragraph's form the Nat Geo article that resonated with me.

If the Wisconsin study finding holds up, then people with breakthrough infections—many of whom do not develop COVID symptoms—can unknowingly spread the virus. “It [is] an alarming finding,” explains Katarina Grande, a public health supervisor and the COVID-19 Data Team Lead of Madison & Dane County, who led the study.

What concerns Eric Topol, the founder, and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute, is that fully vaccinated individuals who are infected with the Delta variant can transmit the virus and this can happen at a higher rate than previous strains in the days before symptoms, or in the absence of symptoms. “Which is why masks and mitigation measures are important, even for people [who are] vaccinated,” he says.

LOL, I didn't want to be a star belly Sneetch, but we can't risk getting sick and not being able to take care of our Mom.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

and also for starters, if she were to get "CV" she would have a great chance to get over it and then have some immunity built up.

If she isn't even testing "positive" with the misused PCR test, why would this vax be required for a surgery?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments and stories, everybody.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments and stories, everybody.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It is kind of common sense to me. Every other vaccine in history hasn't really provided any resistance to the next strain. It is why we sometimes miss it with the flu vaccines. Sure it can help somewhat, but this one is solely man made, as in no "dead" virus in it.

Sorry I haven't asked yet, what vaccine are they saying she should get or which are you considering? Are all of them acceptable for the surgery, or only Pfizer?

I only ask because I can see this quickly becoming another argument with folks...."which vaccine did you get"?

I am sorry for the situation you are in where you don't feel you have a choice....I hope I am never in the position you are in, and that is not me being insensitive, it is me being empathetic because I know this is a hard decision.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shasta9600

and also for starters, if she were to get "CV" she would have a great chance to get over it and then have some immunity built up.

If she isn't even testing "positive" with the misused PCR test, why would this vax be required for a surgery?

Well, we don't know for sure but I feel like it's a directive coming from hospital administration or higher. She was just confirming her pre-surgery appointment when the nurse sprung it on her.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The hospital is treating her with Ivermectin?

As for your mom, maybe go with the J&J one shot? Might get her the surgery she needs sooner. Or maybe try another doctor if you can. A few in my family have been in this same place, having surgeries postponed because they weren't vaccinated, and this was when the vaccines were harder to get and a lot of surgeries were postponed. They actually called removing an adrenal tumor elective surgery. Crazy times. Hope it all works out.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shasta9600

Being an anonymous voice online and putting out she has a great chance is misinformation. You are not her doctor, don't know any details about her or unvaccinated covid positive patients who are in her category and similar/identical traits and medical history. You can't apply the total statistics to individual people and call that the most accurate assessment you can make.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join