It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You've heard of ET's being spiritual beings before; but what do they want?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I have to concede that that is a good counterpoint.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

I hope you realize the very question of 'what do they want' exemplifies a hostile, alienating and slightly toxic attitude.

Imagine a scenario where you're recruited to help some poor country as a volunteer - or even just a homeless shelter or something. You see the poor dears, and you want to help them in every way you can. You try to give them food, clothes, depart with some of your beloved possessions, because they need them more than you do - you even try to give them some wisdom that might console them, perhaps from scripture, Zen koans, some wisdom you've read elsewhere, or just your own inspiration and soul.

Then you hear the people you're working so hard to help talk to each other, and you hear someone ask: "Yes, it's nice, but what does (s)he want?!"

How would YOU feel?

It's not about what 'they want' - it's more of a question of what we desperately need. They're like passers-by that are watching your truck go towards a dangerous hill and are screaming, "Please use your brakes or turn away, you're going to fall and die!", and you panic and ask, "yes, but what do they want?!"..

Can you see the absurdity?

They don't have an agenda, they don't 'want' anything from us, heck, what could an ant give a wealthy family? The ant possesses nothing of value the family could 'want' from the ant.

We are not in a position to 'give', as we have nothing they don't already have in abundance, and in better form. Sure, they may occasionally borrow our water or electricity if their craft needs it, but come on. You're approaching higher-level beings from a really bad perspective that can only destroy your friendship before it began.

It's like a toddler being suspicious of their parents.. 'ok, they give me food and shelter and love, but.. what do they want?!'

In any case, if you are thinking about 'why do people from other worlds bother visiting a lowly crap-planet like Terra', I can answer THAT question in a few ways..

- They want to teach and warn us of our dangerous, selfish, materialistic-nihilistic path that's leading this whole planet towards doom and destruction - if in no other way, then at least individualistic way
- They want to help us out of misery and war and religion towards happiness, good life, helping others and real spirituality
- They are curious about a planet where there are many weird tribes of bipedal entities that almost look human, but don't behave human at all, and have very dark minds, hearts and souls (and clothes and cars and and)
- They have actually responsible for creating our bodily and partially societal systems from the get-go, so they're continuing their always-present and ongoing observational duties (and hopefully realized how much they failed by now)
- They're gathering information and possibly 'treasures' before they're destroyed as this planet becomes uninhabitable due to pollution, wars, police states, selfishness and such
- They're working together with some selected people on the ground to produce 'channeled messages' so at least SOME people would have some proper information, knowledge, wisdom hope before everything becomes hopeless (they consider it their duty to help these underdeveloped planets)
- They're curious and protective of this planet, so they don't let just anyone visit it, but also, they don't let Terran people reach their worlds until the Terrans reached a higher spiritual level
- Some of them leave informational messages as crop circles for other visitors, but also to help the planet's energy flows, to communicate with us, to leave 'spiritual imprints' (who can look at 'Cambridge Angel' and not feel something wonderful?), to describe energy, magnetic, power and societal systems, structures and such, to help keep the vibrations a bit higher, to add to the beauty of the Universe and especially this planet, to show that there is higher life out there, to reach out, etc.

This planet is like a tourist attraction that pulls in all kinds of people from all kinds of other solar systems - this is like the black sheep of this solar system, and people become curious about why .. why are its people so weird and twisted, so warped and warlike, so selfish and dark, so hostile and toxic, they even consider murder-blasting innocent forest animals a hobby.. then they eat those carcasses like a demon would. Then they consider themselves 'human beings'.. who wouldn't be curious about such contradictory oddities?

There have been many that tried to help, that were too careless and were 'killed' - normally they can defend against this planets' primitive weapons, but accidents happen, and many times, the volunteer helpers were shot down or crashed.

All this sacrifice just so this planet's wretched people could be lifted up from the mud even a little bit.. and you have the gall to ask 'WHAT DO THEY WANT!!?!?!?" like some neurotic, panic-ridden mutant hamster that doesn't appreciate its caretakers.

Please have more respect for the good people that only want to help Terra's miserable half-animal population (I can't call them humans, because I am honest).

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

I suppose I am projecting human ideas onto extraterrestrial beings. But I still believe they are here or not here to sever their own needs. Any beings which would reach out this far are likely expansionist beings not satisfied with what they have. Any beings which could gain the abality to do so are likely not prey to animals either.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join