It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on at the Grocery Stores?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Went shopping last night (Monday). Shelves are always picked pretty clean on Mondays since Sunday is the busiest shopping day around here. There's also the added strain of school getting ready to start back up so parents could be stocking up on stuff for that. Nothing alarming. I was able to find everything I needed.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Thing there is the supermarkets are supposed to take that into consideration with deliveries ordered and coming in throughout the night from there warehouses which then go on to be unloaded and stacked on the shelfs just like any other day come Monday morning.

They dont even need to do proper stock checks any longer as its all computerised.

Fact of the matter, if you cannot get the stock, you simply cannot put it on the shelfs.

I worked in a Supermarket back in my University days and ive never seen Supermarkets in this state before.

Should probably add its different with local grocery stores, but 24 hour Supermarkets should not be running low on basic stock, or they are not doing it right and something is falling apart that's a given.
edit on 11-8-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

The army is now on standby with 2,000 drivers to try and help with deliveries.

This is an excellent solution to truck driver shortages when the supply chain is at risk. Kudos, UK. Take note, US.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
This is an excellent solution to truck driver shortages when the supply chain is at risk. Kudos, UK. Take note, US.

They're all in line to be replaced by Waymo and other similar offerings.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I think its a solution that will work at least.

But the fact that we require our armed forces to transport goods from one end of the island to another hardly bodes well nor exemplifies the state of the place or our HGV industry.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: JAGStorm

labor shortage, container shortage, truck driver shortage all add up.

but it is most definitely better than it was this time last year. shelf's do get restocked but people buy it up as soon as it hits the shelf.

Yes, and everything is affected.
Everything we order at the company that I work for takes four times as long to get as it did before COVID.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The cartoon in your avatar doesn't make any sense, it's contradictory to its supposed message.

First of all, switching the species is not clever or interesting, it's been done decades ago by Gary Larson in his 'The Far Side' comics. It became tiresome even there - many of the jokes are nothing but just swapping people with insects or animals.

Secondly, if 'humans' are wicked (they're not - I am not sure what the population of Terra is, but it's mostly not humans, just some bipedal, sometimes slightly humanoid-looking half-animals, half-demons, but definitely not humans - The Oiled One, the Cosmic Messenger that visited this planet around a couple of millennia ago, was an example of human - haven't seen many of those around since), why are the animals in the comic so evil?

Look at their faces, those are angry and evil looks. Look at what they're doing, performing medical experiments on stripped, presumably unlawfully imprisoned people with their human rights intact. Now, I don't support animal cruelty, torture or experiments of any kind - in my opinion, it'd be better if people left animals alone and not imprison them into kennels, stables, cages, animal prisons called 'zoos', systematic murder and unnatural breeding factories that inject them with hormones so their flesh grows larger and their breasts mutate into humongous size so more profit can be made from painfully and brutally murdering them en masse so the half-animals can then conveniently and easily consume their bloody muscle slices to bring disease to their bodies so their lives can be even more miserable than it otherwise would be - and laboratories and such.

However, why would anyone support this being done to anyone can then calling the victims of this torturous practice 'wicked'? Aren't the animals in your supposedly 'cute and funny' cartoon just as, if not more wicked than most people that don't even know how much cruelty goes on behind the scenes of their everyday bloody muscle consumption?

I mean, please get me right - people of this planet -are- wicked, evil, cruel, sadistic, barbarous, psychopathic, murderous, crazy, vicious, selfish half-animals and half-demons, but I don't think the animals of this cartoon are any better, and MOST 'regular people' that I have known of, would probably not even be able to DO the things the animals in your cartoon seem to be sadistically ENJOYING doing.

So no offence, but your cartoon makes no sense. If you want to make that kind of a point, don't make the people innocent victims in your cartoon - if you want to talk about 'human wickedness' (which doesn't exist, as humans are good, people of this planet aren't humans), don't show humans as innocent victims being tortured by evil animals - - that is, if you want to make sense..

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The dollar store I go to has had empty shelves. I asked the cashier what's going on and she said it's the trucks. They don't know when they are coming, so they end up short of items a lot of the time now.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Is this where the "just in time " stocking system craps out. Factories don't seem to have storerooms anymore, this was after the risk management team told the bosses if you do this you will save thousands. In retrospect in the UK fifty years ago a British rail depot was within a few miles of everyone, then Beeching axed all the branch lines. In favour of Busier roads with large haulage vehicles. Since most of the trains ran on coal back then. it was a significant saving on fuel imports.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I heard from the suppliers (We use Henry's and CasWa) that it's the trucking shortages. We have missing several items on many orders due to the trucking issues. I was told Onion Rings are like gold right now lol. Not sure what's up with that.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I went shopping a little late today.
So much was out of stock. It is really weird for my area as we didn’t even have much out of stock during the first months of Covid.
I asked the cashier what was going on and she told me yesterday they had lines
Worse than Black Friday or Christmas!
She had no clue, neither do I.

School does not start until September here, so it wasn’t back to school stuff.
Is this a rush before another shut down? Is this before they impose vaccine regulations?
Is this due to rising prices? All the above? What the heck is going on?

At the main two or 3 stores I shop at in Southern Indiana I have been noticing less items. One example is: I only drink Ice Mountain Spring water and have been doing this for the last 6 years. I normally get the hard plastic jug, and once in a while will get the soft plastic milk-jug shaped one when the other is out of stock. But about 6 weeks ago they didn't have the hard plastic ones, and still don't to this day. Two weeks ago they ran out of the soft plastic ones also, and even other brands of water are now missing. Mostly bare shelves on the bottled water isle! Manager said didn't know when they would get any - had been having problems getting the truck in (?).

Also have been noticing that the tissue/TP isles are usually fairly bare and many other items seem to be less stocked than normal. Today however I saw something I have never seen before. Wanted to make some homemade chicken noodle soup so I went to the store to get the free range chicken tenders that I normally cook with...but there weren't any. Normally you can see they are just sold out of that particular brand, but will still have Tyson skinless chicken breast and tenders. But today, they didn't have any breasts or tenders of ANY kind. All they had were some packages of chicken thighs and some whole chickens. Had them all spread around on the entire shelf! When I asked the meat department about it, he said they didn't have any more and had been having trouble with their suppliers and didn't know when they would be able to get any! Wow, no chicken for soup? it was the first time in my life I have ever not been able to get boneless, skinless chicken for soup. Had to get a thick slice of deli chicken to add. Not as healthy but still good.

Just seemed pretty odd, and on top of dwindling supplies...prices have skyrocketed. At least at these stores.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava''

I would imagine the flooding in China is causing great problems for them, so they will be out buying in force, since a lot of food companies are Chinese-owned, the main priority would be the home market first chicken being one of the main ones and Pork next..

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yeah! People don't understand that "just in time" system. For years I have tried to have a decent backup of foods and water in the house. My husband teases me and says, "We can always go to the store, Laura Ingalls." Meaning of course that we don't live on the prairie where we make and do for ourselves. We live in the walking vicinity of multiple stores. But that's not the issue. It's the fact that we aren't always going to have the stores available to us.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I saw this week-end that products like Tinactin, Gold Bond, Advil, Tylenol and Aspirin were now rare, some more, some less.

I went to many different pharmacies, and asked about these products and was told they don't have many, yeah. And that was it.

Walmarts are also filling their shelves with chained demos to give the impression the stores are full.

I'm in Québec, Canada. Montréal's South Shore.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I heard from sevearl workers at the stores that the pricing/prices are going to get a bit worse during this holiday and into next year.

edit on 20-10-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Gas in SC and NM, usually the cheapest prices of gas because of wage demographics is over $3 a gallon for cheap stuff.

Mayonnaise at $8 bucks for a medium size jar, unheard of.

Anyways, I’m waiting for the Administration to make the vaccine mandatory in order to renew the truckers annual physical, and airline pilots flight physical, because excrement will surly hit the fan when that happens.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Mayonnaise at $8 bucks for a medium size jar, unheard of.

Just FYI Mayo is easy to make homemade and cheap

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've been told by a lady that works at a gas station in town that come December certain coke and similar products are gonna be very hard to find to nonexistent.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I went shopping a little late today.
So much was out of stock. It is really weird for my area as we didn’t even have much out of stock during the first months of Covid.
I asked the cashier what was going on and she told me yesterday they had lines
Worse than Black Friday or Christmas!
She had no clue, neither do I.

School does not start until September here, so it wasn’t back to school stuff.
Is this a rush before another shut down? Is this before they impose vaccine regulations?
Is this due to rising prices? All the above? What the heck is going on?

Add in the lack of workers and many store only stock at night now, so if you go there in the late afternoon or evening then you might see less selection.

Also, most grocery stores keep only a 3 day supply and that is why when there is a rush for whatever they empty out quick. If the # really hit the fan then places like LA will be cannibals within 3 weeks.
edit on 21-10-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If find it interesting that the Brandon administration is now pushing the trope that we could all do without so much stuff.

I wonder when they will start mandating that we do without so much stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join