It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on at the Grocery Stores?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I went shopping a little late today.
So much was out of stock. It is really weird for my area as we didn’t even have much out of stock during the first months of Covid.
I asked the cashier what was going on and she told me yesterday they had lines
Worse than Black Friday or Christmas!
She had no clue, neither do I.

School does not start until September here, so it wasn’t back to school stuff.
Is this a rush before another shut down? Is this before they impose vaccine regulations?
Is this due to rising prices? All the above? What the heck is going on?

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Im tracking where I live that many groceries stores just don’t have employees to restock during the day so they have resulted to restocking only after they close.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Interesting, sounds like more "shortages". What state are you in? Any adverse weather coming your way?
Anecdotal, but my area faired store stock wise well during covid. T.P. was only an issue for a couple weeks. Which is odd, I'm fairly rurap honestly not even sure why my little.village has a grocery. But since mid 2021 I have seen holes in shelves that were like that for awhile. Nothing dramatic I did notice the store juggled things around to male it seem like it was always full.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Have you noticed how quiet ur community is? its odd how in this community where i drive to its rather quiet there is not alot of people walking even on a hot sunny day.

Compared to 2020 and before the crisis the place was packed with people and youth walking.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi

Have you noticed how quiet ur community is? its odd how in this community where i drive to its rather quiet there is not alot of people walking even on a hot sunny day.

Compared to 2020 and before the crisis the place was packed with people and youth walking.

I live in probably one of the busiest cities in the US. Things have been getting back to normal since April-May. Our numbers of cases are in the up but hopefully government don’t go back to strict lockdowns. People here depend on tourism a lot.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Driver shortages. People don't understand how important truckers are until there isn't enough of them.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Was at my local gas station earlier and they don't have bottled water stocked. Same claims too not enough employees even though they advertise they are hiring at a gas station for 12-19 dollars an hour can't find employees. The people that work there are the same people that worked there 2 years ago and talk to me a bit and they blame corporate greed. This same place I describe acquired a beer liscence during the covid but don't have the qualified people of age to sell the stuff until 2am so the corporation claims they are short staffed when they are trying to push booze sales and a lot of other crazy stuff. Cant buy water but I can get a bottle of half assed fire ball and a case of beer. lol wtf.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Here in NJ all normal. I went to the supermarket and the gas station yesterday afternoon.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Here in NJ all normal. I went to the supermarket and the gas station yesterday afternoon.

Every joke, online meme, and how NJ is portrayed anywhere... is mostly true, I love NJ.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: Trueman

Every joke, online meme, and how NJ is portrayed anywhere... is mostly true, I love NJ.

Gas attendants make us better than NY.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Here in the UK it's apparently dowm to the pinging. The message you get when you are dumb enough to download the app in the first place and then you get a message to isolate yourself because you may have been in the vicinity of someone who may have the rona after showing positive on the coin toss test.

I talked to the lady at the till of our supermarket and told her the above.
She agreed, but they always do, whilst still obeying.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I went shopping at Trader Joe's yesterday...and the price of eggs! Three dollars a dozen. I noticed that prices went up on several items.

I am realizing I am going to have to eat less food; and drink a lot of water.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   

FWIW, my local Wal-Mart grocery has I'd say ten to twelve people in the store during the day stocking shelves plus a night crew.

It's kinda weird as this wasn't always the case. This just happened recently although how recently I can't remember. Since Covid, that's for sure but I'll go with four to six months IIRC. Sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

In the UK you have the added problem of a 100,000 HGV driver shortage. The army is now on standby with 2,000 drivers to try and help with deliveries.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Preppers all over YouTube are warning about shortages due to various reasons. Droughts,lack of truck drivers,lack of imports from other countries due to pandemic restrictions. It's a domino effect.
edit on 10-8-2021 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Driver shortages. People don't understand how important truckers are until there isn't enough of them.

They are important if you like having people haul you your stuff for primarily below subsistence wages. The myth of LTO is that of practically slave labor and the shippers are trying to figure out how to squeeze them more. It's super-rare for a long-haul trucker to not go broke, forget about making making a good living.

edit on 10-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Well if you were in the U.K right now that answer would be Brexit.

Supermarket and shop aisles are all getting empty again because the HGV lorry drivers are unwilling to transport the goods.

And apparently the products are not coming in to our ports in the same numbers they once were.

They tried to blame it on the Delta variant of COVID rearing its head with staff being off as an explanation as to why the shelfs are all half empty again but nobody believes them that possesses half a brain.
edit on 10-8-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae

I went shopping at Trader Joe's yesterday...and the price of eggs! Three dollars a dozen. I noticed that prices went up on several items.

I am realizing I am going to have to eat less food; and drink a lot of water.

I like farm fresh eggs from free roaming chickens, but the folks with chickens around here are selling for around $1.75 a doz., which I thought was kind of high. But with egg prices like you have, and the poor quality of factory farm eggs, my neighbors are giving me a great deal it seems.

I bet chicken scratch feed is getting up there in price, if you can find a co-op open that will sell you feed that is. Time to get to know some of the Amish around here. My German heritage will come in handy to break the ice with those folks.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Up north the shelves are barren and lots of items sell out even before the pandemic. Thankfully we are surrounded by nature’s bounty here if SHTF with literally hundreds of fresh water lakes. One of the few places on earth with so very few people that nature alone could easily support.

It would still suck really really bad but I feel like we could survive a supply chain collapse up here. The biggest killer would be the cold. A power grid failure would kill the unprepared but many people still rely on wood heat here and even if they home has electric heating often they still have a fireplace they no longer use.

4L of milk where I live is 7.25$ for example.1.80$/L
1L of gas is 1.45$ here.

edit on 10-8-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

labor shortage, container shortage, truck driver shortage all add up.

but it is most definitely better than it was this time last year. shelf's do get restocked but people buy it up as soon as it hits the shelf.

edit on 10-8-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join