It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Code red’: UN scientists warn “Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: sraven

if all the ice on the planet melted,
sea level will rise only 230 feet.

I think its only 216 feet.

You do realise that many of the most populated cities in the world are on coastlines?

The expected responses from the usual suspects.

The thing is, whilst people sit around pointing fingers and playing the blame game, denying what is blatantly obvious, playing politics, sticking to their locked in perspectives and various other games of denial the cold hard hard truth is the world is approaching tipping point, for whatever reasons.

No amount of spin is going to alter the fact that the earths climate is changing and that human beings are contributing to that process.

Since you are so certain,
your only option is to buy property at an elevation of 260 ft.
and then wait a few years
and then sell beach front property
you will make billions.

go for it

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Of course it’s guaranteed to get warmer… and then colder and then warmer, cold warm cold warm

How is this guaranteed?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Those of us who view this as a cycle recognize that no matter what we do and no matter what happens climate wise, the Earth will continue to rotate and survival of the fittest will continue on as it always has... there's no reason or rationale for humanity to pigeonhole itself into a less than fittest position to thrive through whatever nature brings our way. Keep the course, eff the fear over that course.

Its not if humans effects it all, its how much. The earth been warming since the mid 1850s as we came out of a mini ice age that went on for over 500 years, so what is the norm?

If the Paris accord did everything they wanted to do, or did nothing they would still be within their 2 degrees...Makes one think doesn't it?

Do we accept a warming of the earth and work on it were we can letting technology to mature as it does, or do we do as you suggest would be bad and go caveman and most likely not see a noticeable change. Gore had us at +6 degrees today back when he made his movie, we are talking less than 2 degree maybe...maybe... by 2100., but 2 or 3 big volcanos could put us right back into a mini ice age too for another 500 years...

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: vonclod

People have been fighting over water since the early 1840's. Hence the old saying...

"Whisky's fer drinkin'...an' water's fer fightin'!"

Ha, usually the fightin, occurs after the whiskey drinkin!

Kidding aside, I hear you, I think it will get much worse in the coming years though.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I suspect that by the time it gets that bad that the polar ice caps have melted money will be pretty much irrelevant.

I don't know if its going to come to that - it will at some point in the earths history - but I do know that human beings are contributing to climate change.

Should we at least try to do something?
Of course we should.

What should we do?
I haven't got a clue really, better minds than mine should be trying to figure that out free from the petty squabbling and point scoring that seems to affect so many people's ability to think objectively.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Probably.

No doubt about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We just experienced one of the lowest travel, lowest production, lowest emission years in decades... that was global, impacted every nation on Earth... and they continue to harp on it not being enough DOOM AHEAD!!!

It seems like we are at a crossroads where those who believe in anthropomorphic global climate change have to decide something: "Do we live as modern humans and witness a 2 degree global temperature increase, dealing with the consequences as they arise OR do we all scrap the whole works, live in caves like savages, and witness a slightly lower than 2 degree temperature rise, having to deal with the consequences from a weakened position versus the current modern standard of living?"

Those of us who view this as a cycle recognize that no matter what we do and no matter what happens climate wise, the Earth will continue to rotate and survival of the fittest will continue on as it always has... there's no reason or rationale for humanity to pigeonhole itself into a less than fittest position to thrive through whatever nature brings our way. Keep the course, eff the fear over that course.

Precisely this.

I don't have any sympathy left for any bleeding hearts....absolutely none.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I suspect that by the time it gets that bad that the polar ice caps have melted money will be pretty much irrelevant.

I don't know if its going to come to that - it will at some point in the earths history - but I do know that human beings are contributing to climate change.

Should we at least try to do something?
Of course we should.

What should we do?
I haven't got a clue really, better minds than mine should be trying to figure that out free from the petty squabbling and point scoring that seems to affect so many people's ability to think objectively.

ok . . . you are certain . . .
so let me ask "Have you heard of "pole shift"? The movement of the magnetic pole?
It is a rhetorical question because if you are this concerned with the environment, you certainly know about pole shift.

So, you are also aware that due to the change in location of the magnetic pole they have had to recalculate and update GPS, the global positioning system. Here is an article.

GPS updated for pole shift

ok - you understand that changing position of the mag poles required recalibration of GPS.

So, if Global Warming is occurring, and Ocean Levels are rising, then when will they undertake the great recalibration of the planets topography?

and there would be all manner of lawsuits ongoing today as property owners attempt to claw back their property rights taken by the government when private property is converted into national coastal waterways.

The reason, you haven't seen it is because Global Warming is theoretical with no substantive evidence

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I understand all that.

Climate change is happening.
Human beings are contributing to it.
To what extent and how is open to debate.

I'm concerned, but possibly not as much as you seem to think.
I'll be dead and buried by the time it becomes a real threat to our current way of living.....but I do have a grandson.

Its time people stopped playing politics about climate change and started determining exactly how much we are contributing to it and what, if anything, we can do.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I understand all that.

Climate change is happening.
Human beings are contributing to it.
To what extent and how is open to debate.

I'm concerned, but possibly not as much as you seem to think.
I'll be dead and buried by the time it becomes a real threat to our current way of living.....but I do have a grandson.

Its time people stopped playing politics about climate change and started determining exactly how much we are contributing to it and what, if anything, we can do.

it is science
not religion.
Your "faith" will not alter the outcome

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

if all the ice on the planet melted,
sea level will rise only 230 feet.

I think its only 216 feet.

You do realise that many of the most populated cities in the world are on coastlines?

The expected responses from the usual suspects.

The thing is, whilst people sit around pointing fingers and playing the blame game, denying what is blatantly obvious, playing politics, sticking to their locked in perspectives and various other games of denial the cold hard hard truth is the world is approaching tipping point, for whatever reasons.

No amount of spin is going to alter the fact that the earths climate is changing and that human beings are contributing to that process.

And as all that land slowly submerges back into the ocean from whence it came, their will be more uninhabited land; full of dead plant and animal matter that has been trapped under ice, opening up as the Antarctic ice cap melts. Those who lose land could always stake their fortune and future on the new Antarctic land rush and get in early.

The climate has always changed, it will always change. Humanity just has to keep it's head on a swivel and adapt to the situations as they come.

The sad thing about the whole climate action agenda, is it is driven by the very financial and economic forces that are the ones creating the most carbon output. They want to make the average person sacrifice greatly while they have done absolutely nothing about carbon emissions. They US never cut carbon emissions, they outsourced it to China, India and several other nations, that are becoming toxic industrial hell holes and still spewing every ounce of that pollution into the atmosphere.

They also talk about carbon credits; which are a joke, by the way, because it's a whole system where the wealthy like corporations can pay money to supposedly off set their carbon emissions, by planting trees or some other useless virtue signaling.

I personally think the sun and the natural cycles of the planet has more power over the climate and the weather, than what man is up to, but I am against humanity pouring toxic and radioactive waste into the environment. Of course once again it's the big business and financial interests that have control over that, not the citizens.

So why is all the climate action geared towards punishing and changing the behavior and the lives of the average citizens?

None of it makes any sense except from a perspective of control.
edit on 9-8-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

edit on 9-8-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If this is "global warming" I like it .
This is August in Georgia with the temps usually hanging right around the mid-90s.
For many years now , we have had cooler summers with temps mostly around the mid 80s .
Thank goodness .

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yet despite this the ones responsible for it are not held accountable. The ultra-wealthy worldwide do not pay a dime. They do not have to make a single lifestyle change for the good of the planet.

The entire burden falls upon the poor and middle classes of the developed world.

Strange really. Almost as if there were an agenda behind the crisis, but that would be crazy talk.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Still patiently waiting for Global Warming to hit the North.

Please God, warm us up - Frozen Canuck.

I'll agree with that wholeheartedly when it comes to winter. No more -40 C please. I can't take another winter like that.

But as for summer, please no more warming. The 40+ C temps this summer were brutal. Really, really awful.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Of course it’s guaranteed to get warmer… and then colder and then warmer, cold warm cold warm

How is this guaranteed?

It's a good bet based on the paleo-record of climate in the past.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

If you don't get your covid jab, climate change will happen.

SCIENCE!!

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you don't get your covid jab, climate change will happen.

SCIENCE!!

Maybe he doesn't need to get his COVID jab. If no one gets their COVID jab and they all die because of it, then less people would mean less pollution and less climate change? Why does any one care if anyone gets vaxxed again?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I consider myself an environmentalist, but I am not that crazy as some of them and I definitely do not promote it to profit from it like most of the climate change people do. It is far from just carbon emissions, we are killing the plants and microbes that tie up the carbon. People flying all over the world and shipping things half way around the world sure is not good for the environment either.

Switching everything over will cause so much toxic effect on the environment that it could make things worse. Making solar panels and acquiring the raw materials for them is extremely hard on our environment. A tornado can tear up a solar field and windmills, that is not acceptable.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What are you going to say when all the chronic forest mismanagement that has led to these wildfires all over the world puts enough smoke into atmosphere to lower temps like Pinatubo?

I'm sure you'll blame climate change but for all the wrong reasons.

But remember, MSM mocked Trump when he talked about cleaning up the forests, making the "rake" reference.

My dad was a volunteer fireman and i can tell you first hand Trump WAS RIGHT and the fact MSM reacted the way they did is proof, yet again, that MSM is in fact our freaking enemy.

I swear if Trump said water is wet MSM would refute his statement.

And the climate changes, it's a natural phenomenon and when did humans forget that fact lol. Freaking Clown World.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What are you going to say when all the chronic forest mismanagement that has led to these wildfires all over the world puts enough smoke into atmosphere to lower temps like Pinatubo?

I'm sure you'll blame climate change but for all the wrong reasons.

But remember, MSM mocked Trump when he talked about cleaning up the forests, making the "rake" reference.

My dad was a volunteer fireman and i can tell you first hand Trump WAS RIGHT and the fact MSM reacted the way they did is proof, yet again, that MSM is in fact our freaking enemy.

I swear if Trump said water is wet MSM would refute his statement.

And the climate changes, it's a natural phenomenon and when did humans forget that fact lol. Freaking Clown World.

On forest management, sure! on any other thing to do with environmental concerns..nope, he wanted and did deregulate, gutted the EPA..ETC

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join